Amy's Baking Company??

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Anyone been to this place in Scottsdale? They were on Kitchen Nightmares and the owners were completely unreal.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
I just saw that episode on youtube. I sort of want to go now just to see if they're really that insane.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
My wife is a baker in Scottsdale, so she heard about this and made me watch. The Facebook page is real. Their Yelp page is just as crazy.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/amys-baking-company-scottsdale

For now, their owners are hand-selecting which clients they allow to eat there. They turned away a family with small children and allowed an elderly group inside.

The owners keep their wait staff's tips.

They scream at their customers at the slightest provocation.

They purchase frozen products and then repackage them as their own creations...with a sizeable up charge.

And the owner has 3 kids, but they are children in "cat bodies". So yeah, she's a crazy cat lady.

The Internet is making them pay for their bad behavior. Reddit, Yelp, and Facebook are melting down. It is actually pretty hilarious.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa. A whole lot of freak right there.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Now they claim they have been hacked:

Obviously our Facebook, YELP, Twitter and Website have been hacked. We are working with the local authorities as well as the FBI computer crimes unit to ensure this does not happen again. We did not post those horrible things. Thank You Amy &Samy

https://www.facebook.com/amysbakingco/posts/10151534574027900

Any other company and I would have thought that they were hacked as soon as I read those posts. But after seeing the show and reading about their past behavior on the internet, I'd say it's about 50/50 in this case.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
The verbiage in the Facebook "hacked" posts is pretty similar to that used in their admitted Yelp rants from 2010. So I think they are just lying because they realize the backlash they created will be legitimate threat to their money-laundering operation, I mean restaurant.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
So apparently ABC was going to have a news conference today.

Before they could, the attorneys for Kitchen Nightmares kindly reminded them that if they disparaged Ramsey or the show at all, it's $100k to do so.

And then the news conference was quickly called off...

Courtesy of abovethelaw...

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/05/social-media-darlings-at-amys-baking-company-fear-lawsuit/

I read that about disparaging Ramsey and the show. Seems to me that if they tell the truth the show couldn't touch them. Maybe the truth isn't what they were planning on telling.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read that about disparaging Ramsey and the show. Seems to me that if they tell the truth the show couldn't touch them. Maybe the truth isn't what they were planning on telling.

If it is a standard confidentiality agreement, truth wouldn't matter most likely.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

They can't say anything according to the letter released, except to acknowledge that they were on the show.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

Makes me sick that bad behavior will be rewarded, especially since it was a clear patter of dishonesty and poor customer service that got them into hot water in the first place. The market had largely decided that this type of business should not exist, but then in swoops TV to keep it afloat for no other reason than soulless entertainment.

Reality TV = The Enemy of Free Market Capitalism :D

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're back...

Wednesday April 9th on 'Dr. Phil'

and

'Kitchen Nightmares' "Return to Amy's Baking Company" will air from 9 to 10 p.m. ET/PT on Friday, April 11. According to Fox, the new episode will include "never-before-seen footage" and "an exclusive interview with Amy and Samy." It will also show what's been going on at Amy's Baking Company in the year since the original show aired.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a reality TV guy, but these two are priceless and I cannot avert my eyes.

Saw the Dr. Phil clips on his website, fantastic.

The Kitchen Nightmares episode, brilliant. As expected, they have learned nothing from the ordeal and have only gotten wackier.

I have to get over there one of these days.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
We went there for dessert on Mothers Day. Wifes idea so I couldn't deny. The dessert was delicious and both Sammy and Amy were very nice. I would go back and try a meal.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We went there for dessert on Mothers Day. Wifes idea so I couldn't deny. The dessert was delicious and both Sammy and Amy were very nice. I would go back and try a meal.

Interesting. Did they look medicated?? :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard