American Idol Season 9

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Season 9 is underway and tonight the show finally goes live.

It's the top 12 girls performing and tomorrow night it's the top 12 boys.

There's already been a shakeup in the top 24 as one of the kids (Chris Golightly) was removed due to a violation of an agreement. And there was a report on MSNBC that one of the early favorites (Big Mike) was also going to be removed from the show because his dad blurted to the press that he was in the top 24 prior to the episode that aired the top 24.

Happy American Idol day to those still watching.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Dont remember Chris. Looks like Big Mike got a pass.

The girls were ok last night. I think the guys are much stronger. Time will tell I guess.

OP
OP
L

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Chris was the orphan kid with the Sideshow Bob-like hairdo.

That indie girl is definitely the strongest of the bunch right now. All of the performances seemed really dreary last night. Some of the girls were visibly shaky while performing (but that is to be expected).

I do think the boys have a stronger group like Big Mike and the guy who looks like last year's dead wife guy ( I can't remember his name right now but he's the one that has a gangster dad who moved out of the hood).

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They kept saying that the girls were the strongest group. However only 2-3 really stood out to me. The rest were either Blah or down right aweful last night.

I hope the guys do better tonight.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
horrible start to the season - sounds really bad, production is sloppy, the contestants dull and judges just seem off

may give it another week or two, but this season may be a big pass

OP
OP
L

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
I thought it was the biggest collection of talent ever? I hate that proclamation with each group, but what can they say?

The boys collectively were better than the girls, but that doesn't may much for either.

Simon seemed to be on a tear last night but you can see subtle differences in his judgements. When he thinks somebody may have a chance to succeed on the show, his critiques are more direct about how you can improve. (That's where his show will be better, I think the judges actually coach the singers)

It was a pretty uneven night and there wasn't anybody that was great. Usually at this point you have an idea of one or two people destined to be on the show until the top 3 or 4 people. I didn't get that feeling last night or the night before.

I liked the guy that sang Chasing Cars.

Right now I'd root for the hippie girl with the really yellow teeth and the guy that sang Chasing Cars.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked the guy that sang Chasing Cars.

Right now I'd root for the hippie girl with the really yellow teeth and the guy that sang Chasing Cars.

Lee Dewyze was my favorite. He was the one that sang the chasing cars song.

It looked like the Hippie chick got her teeth done. They were actually somewhat white when she sang the other day.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Call me crazy but i like the kid who re did the kelly clarkson song and the spanish kid that went last, i think the spanish kid will be in the top 3

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Wasn't impressed with anyone.....

There are some big voices that need to grow a set of balls.

Some of the girls are ok.... I can't believe that girl that sang Landslide made it through. Tim Urban also. Insanity.

I think that Jermaine Sellers can do some damage.

I really expect Lee Dewyze, & Big Mike's act's to get old fast. I don't see the right type of voice for this show.

Oh... and Lee Dewyze is no David Cook.

Best Singers...

Casey James <-- This dude needs to bring out some SOUL. Like Hollywood week.
Paige Davis
That girl named Siobhan.
Jermaine Sellers
Aaron Kelly
Katie Stevens

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
None of the girls really stood out for me. I guess that goofy chick Siobhan was pretty good. Everyone else either sucked or was just OK.

My guess for who is gone.

Boys:
Todrick
Jermaine

Girls:
Lacey
Haeley

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I was going crazy after listening to what some of the judges had to say about some of the girls. Thankfully Simon came out last night and pretty much said he got it wrong on some of the ladies.

Sure enough Michelle who I thought completely blew it with her horrible rendition of "with arms wide open" was sent packing.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The girl who sang fleetwood mac last night sounded good, and of course the grunge girl made it look simple she seems to be a natural performer.

OP
OP
L

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Some of those girls last night had very strong performances. The two you named and Siobahn (sp?).

Watching Paige Miles last night was painful. She got stuck between the two listed by Nashman and it seemed like even before she started she knew this was her last performance on the show as a contestant. Very painful to see.

I'm guessing it's her and the Katelynn getting the boot.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paige is clearly gone.

I think the other one is either Katelyn or Lilly

Overall very solid performaces by the rest.

The boys don't even have to perform. It's Tim and Toddrick who are sent packing.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paige is clearly gone.

I think the other one is either Katelyn or Lilly

Overall very solid performaces by the rest.

The boys don't even have to perform. It's Tim and Toddrick who are sent packing.

I thought they both did quite well. VEry solid group tonight.

Probably Andrew, and not sure who else.

OP
OP
L

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Tim f'n Urban!

It's too bad that he goes out there and kills it, probably so he can go out next week and be the first to go home from the top 12.

Jon you are probably onto something with that Andrew guy. They pumped him up too much and he's pretty much been subpar.

My bottom 3 are Todrick, Andrew, and Tim. Likely it's Tim and Todrick. But I did think that Aaron Kelly was the worst of the bunch last night so I hope it's him that goes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard