Amare To Spurs???

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
There ain't a single deal that I could concoct between the Suns and Spurs to make this happen. I hate the Spurs, but that is not a reason to not trade with them. They are rival, but only to us. Do you really think that they look at us as rivals? So, that is not an impediment to trade for me. They have a horrific roster situation.

I hate Ginobili, so I would NEVER want to see him don a Suns uni - not even on a rental basis. I don't want us to trade for Parker. I don't want us to trade for Jefferson. Obviously Duncan ain't an option. So, that covers all their big salaries.

Stoudemire for Blair/Bonner/Hairston/Hill/Mahinmi/Mason/Ratliff/Bogans/Finley/Splitter/#1 is about the only trade I would do with them. That leaves SA with Parker-Ginobili-Jefferson-Stoudemire-Duncan and McDyess at which point they can sign all the players we would cut (not Blair, Hill, Mason, Mahinmi, Splitter)....

OP
OP
krazyasiankid

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
i reckon its going to be one of the best deals we are going to get for amare... If ONLY it wasnyt the Spurs. I hate them. The can go fk themselves... Steve Kerr wont be so stupid will he?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns trade Amare to a rival as the Spurs the fans will crucify this front office. I think this front office is mentally challenged but they are not this stupid.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Like we will take on any of the Spurs horrible contracts and send him to the most hated team in town.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Thinking about it the Spurs are not a bad trade partner.

Blair is signed cheap for 4 years.

Manu is expiring and a good player that might be kept around for a new deal at around 5M$.

Matt Bonner is another expiring.

But more importantly you would want future picks from them speculating that soon they will end up in the same situation we are right now when Duncan is done where they can't compete with these young teams in the West anymore and end up in the lottery.

If we could get just get their 2010,2012 and 2014 pick. Yeah do it..

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Manu - Expiring
Bonner - Expiring
Blair - 3 more years for under 1M$ each
Rights to Tiago Splitter
2010 First Round Pick
2012 First Round Pick
2014 First Round Pick

I know that is probably asking too much but yeah it shows the Spurs have some good pieces for a deal.

Yeah sign me up, I don't care about possibly giving the Spurs another championship this season.

If they want swap Richardson for Jefferson.

Last edited:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
If I see Manu Ginobili in a Suns uniform my association with the Suns will be terminated. To top it off, Blair has no ACL's lol. Epic fail of a trade. I rather have Yi and Lee and no picks than trade with the Spurs.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If I see Manu Ginobili in a Suns uniform my association with the Suns will be terminated. To top it off, Blair has no ACL's lol. Epic fail of a trade. I rather have Yi and Lee and no picks than trade with the Spurs.

Don't worry. I'm sure the Suns would buy him out and he would resign with the Spurs.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate the Spurs but if we could get Blair, Jefferson and maybe some draft pick maybe you consider it, no to Manu though!

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Pleass look at contracts first, Manu is expiring, Jefferson has another year on it and makes more than JRich.. no way.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Suns traded for the flopper I would be DONE with this team! The FO is already a joke that would just top it off!

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
If only Walters could get Stoudemire to get some leverage to grab a rebound...