Alternate Kyler theory

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
something i have been thinking about:

We know Kyler basically gives 0 Fs about what he says / acts / thinks vs the politically correct or proper thing

we also know that he and Kliff were at odds

so with that in mind:

Is it possible that Kyler was so frustrated how Kliff ran the team, how things were done, the standards set, etc. -- that it was the source of his "bad attitude"?

not saying Kyler is perfect, or that the way he handled things were ok

but i find the change in demeanor -- from merely prickly to downright dour-- hard to
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Good idea including this guy in the head coach search. The same QB that can’t or won’t learn the playbook. The same guy that alienates his teammates. Same guy that cursed out his coach on national tv and the same guy who wilted in his one playoff appearance. Build your franchise around this guy. I guess the Cardinals really don’t ever learn.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Some definite business decisions will get made when it comes to player's re-signing. I would like to see Murphy and Allen back but it is probably a long shot. Only hope is that both are looking for multi year deals so you can spread the cap hit. Also, if we go outside of the org for GM/HC I am sure Brown gets traded. There is just no way you can justify an extension and he is easier to deal than Hopkins. I am curious to see what happens with Simmons. Non-premium position and a player they might be able to get something for. I am sure the Cardinals will get calls about Humphries with a regime change. It would be real easy to strip this thing down and stockpile picks. Not saying that is the best path forward but it is a viable option.

Murphy and Allen would obviously be looking for long-term deals.

DHop could be traded and making his 'dead' money a June 1 calculation adds almost $20m to the available Cap.

If they don't trade Dhop, one can be reasonably sure they'll lower his $19m+ base salary and create space in that way.

If traded, they will likely re-sign Hollywood, and his new deal will be less than his $13m 5th-year option.

Add this to the Anderson cut ($12m), and the Cards have $60m+ in Cap space minus about $7m for the draft class.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good idea including this guy in the head coach search. The same QB that can’t or won’t learn the playbook. The same guy that alienates his teammates. Same guy that cursed out his coach on national tv and the same guy who wilted in his one playoff appearance. Build your franchise around this guy. I guess the Cardinals really don’t ever learn.

Better idea. Listen to what Mike Bidwill actually said in his news conference.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In the 4 years that both Kliff & Kyler have been here, what I found undeniable was that Kyler pretty much always had to be Superman in order for this franchise to be successful. That just can’t be the way to ultimate success. This franchise has to draft better. They have to develop talent better. And they have to build a “complete” roster. We’re watching a 3rd string QB in SF win pretty convincingly. Why is that? It’s certainly not because Purdy is a stud QB. He isn’t. But, he plays without stress because he knows what he has around him. Murray has never had that here. I don’t care where we drafted him & I don’t care what we’re paying him. He can’t be expected to be Superman game in and game out. Does he need to be great? Yes. But, there’s a big different between great & Superman. A great coach will hold Kyler accountable, but he’ll also build a more balanced team on BOTH sides of the ball.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the 4 years that both Kliff & Kyler have been here, what I found undeniable was that Kyler pretty much always had to be Superman in order for this franchise to be successful. That just can’t be the way to ultimate success. This franchise has to draft better. They have to develop talent better. And they have to build a “complete” roster. We’re watching a 3rd string QB in SF win pretty convincingly. Why is that? It’s certainly not because Purdy is a stud QB. He isn’t. But, he plays without stress because he knows what he has around him. Murray has never had that here. I don’t care where we drafted him & I don’t care what we’re paying him. He can’t be expected to be Superman game in and game out. Does he need to be great? Yes. But, there’s a big different between great & Superman. A great coach will hold Kyler accountable, but he’ll also build a more balanced team on BOTH sides of the ball.
That’s why I believe this offense can get fixed this off season. If we can develop a better than average running game in a pro offense it would just require Kyler to operate the offense.

Yes we’d have to strengthen the o-line and we’d need to add speed to running back position. I’d also like to see us add a beefy Wr.

Of course Kyler would have to buy in on what it takes to run a pro offense.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well if you are right he is in for a rude awakening, because I am just about positive no coach is going to be as easy on him as Kliff was.

I think he needs to be held accountable, and getting rid of his little yes man Cam Turner as QB coach will be a good first step.
Rude awakening indeed. He needs a coach with a ring that will put his ass under center, teach him to read a defense pre snap, go through his reads & challenge him. KK taught him nothing & babied him. I hope if the new coach ends up being Payton, that he tells Bidwill from day 1 that Kyler either listens & learns or he sits? It's my way or the highway or I ain't taking the job? I'm not saying Kyler is the problem but if he doesn't wanna learn the right way to be an NFL QB then he will be a problem.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rude awakening indeed. He needs a coach with a ring that will put his ass under center, teach him to read a defense pre snap, go through his reads & challenge him. KK taught him nothing & babied him. I hope if the new coach ends up being Payton, that he tells Bidwill from day 1 that Kyler either listens & learns or he sits? It's my way or the highway or I ain't taking the job? I'm not saying Kyler is the problem but if he doesn't wanna learn the right way to be an NFL QB then he will be a problem.

Sounds like a job for Drew Brees. ;)

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sounds like a job for Drew Brees. ;)
Have to pluck him away from Purdue first lol, went back be a QB coach. I would love to see Kurt Warner work with Kyler, he ain't leaving his gig with NFL network though. I'm sure he would put in some time with Kyler if he is asked though.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Have to pluck him away from Purdue first lol, went back be a QB coach. I would love to see Kurt Warner work with Kyler, he ain't leaving his gig with NFL network though. I'm sure he would put in some time with Kyler if he is asked though.

The warm nostalgic feeling of going back to one's alma mater aside, I somehow think an NFL gig in sunny AZ would appeal.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Some definite business decisions will get made when it comes to player's re-signing. I would like to see Murphy and Allen back but it is probably a long shot. Only hope is that both are looking for multi year deals so you can spread the cap hit. Also, if we go outside of the org for GM/HC I am sure Brown gets traded. There is just no way you can justify an extension and he is easier to deal than Hopkins. I am curious to see what happens with Simmons. Non-premium position and a player they might be able to get something for. I am sure the Cardinals will get calls about Humphries with a regime change. It would be real easy to strip this thing down and stockpile picks. Not saying that is the best path forward but it is a viable option.
If this happens and I would like to see it happen, it means Keim traded away a first round pick for a 1/2 season worth of play. Somehow I don't think we get a #1 for Brown this time around. Brown has done nothing to merit a 1st round pick in a trade. Maybe a 2nd, however even that is somewhat questionable.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
A teacher needs a student that is willing and has the desire to learn and study to become more knowledgeable and better at their craft in order to succeed. I have yet to see evidence that Murray is that willing student which makes anything else a moot point.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A teacher needs a student that is willing and has the desire to learn and study to become more knowledgeable and better at their craft in order to succeed. I have yet to see evidence that Murray is that willing student which makes anything else a mute point.

Moot, and we cannot see how much work he actually puts into his craft.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Moot, and we cannot see how much work he actually puts into his craft.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Correction noted and completed. As for the latter, one could look at his performances and ascertain a certain amount of information based on those.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correction noted and completed. As for the latter, one could look at his performances and ascertain a certain amount of information based on those.
If you are only looking at last year sure. If you look at his entire career and see this, I suspect bias or worse going on.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely and I fully expect that to happen. But that also opens another hole on the roster that already looks like swiss cheese. This team will not be competitive in 2023. They just have too many holes to fill.
We can’t have a wr room with a cap hit of 40m. There are wr’s out there that will cost a lot less than Anderson. We may have to live with Wesley this year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Absolutely and I fully expect that to happen. But that also opens another hole on the roster that already looks like swiss cheese. This team will not be competitive in 2023. They just have too many holes to fill.
And don’t forget that we gave away a bunch of cheap mid round picks because Keim was drunk at his desk and trying not to get fired.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Calling losing Anderson a hole is kind of laughable man. Antoine Wesley can easily replace that bum.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you are only looking at last year sure. If you look at his entire career and see this, I suspect bias or worse going on.
Yea this Kyler doesnt work to improve is nonsense.

He went from being physically weak his rookie year to gashing teams his 2nd year.

He went from below average over the middle of the field and not being able to throw well on the run to being very good in those areas his 3rd year.

He was bad this season. However, I thought he was decent with Hopkins. The real issue is he was abysmal throwing the deep ball. He was a top 3 to 5 deep ball passer the previous couple of years. He's got other warts to sort out but the hope is this season's deep ball passing issue was a blip and not a trend.

As far as his overall game its now time to work smarter and maybe go outside of his father.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If this happens and I would like to see it happen, it means Keim traded away a first round pick for a 1/2 season worth of play. Somehow I don't think we get a #1 for Brown this time around. Brown has done nothing to merit a 1st round pick in a trade. Maybe a 2nd, however even that is somewhat questionable.
It is a bad FA WR market so there is a possibility he fetches a 1st but even at a 2nd round pick, we are good. Keim made a bad move and it doesn't help AZ holding onto Brown just to lose him in FA and then only getting a 3rd round comp pick if we don't sign any good FAs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose