All this doom-&-gloom "what if" about Emmitt...

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
"What if shipp plays better, what if Smith is shot, what if they keep starting him even if he plays poorly......"

Hey, I've got a "what if" for you. What if he comes in pissed off, in the best shape of his life, ready to rumble, and runs for 1500 yards?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed B
"What if shipp plays better, what if Smith is shot, what if they keep starting him even if he plays poorly......"

Hey, I've got a "what if" for you. What if he comes in pissed off, in the best shape of his life, ready to rumble, and runs for 1500 yards?

I would be happy.

Young Gun

rebel without a cause
Reaction score
what Smith needs is a fresh start. "what if" he comes to what the rest of league perceives as an underdog & runs circles around the defense of opposing teams & does get close to 1500 yards, that would be awesome.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't see how anybody can be disappointed with this . . . I heard it on the radio driving back from a business trip and I shouted out loud. I'm stoked!

And who says they can't use Shipp and Smith together at the same time? Run split backs with the two of them, and you've got two solid pass-catchers coming out of the backfield.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't everyone crying about not having a house hold name on the Cardinals. Well now you have one that people from outside of Arizona will recognize.

X-29Fan

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed B

I think Smith will come into camp in shape, but I don't think he will run for 1500 yards. But, if he does, I will cheer and be glad I was wrong. After all, I am a Cards' fan.

X-29Fan

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by MadCardDisease
Wasn't everyone crying about not having a house hold name on the Cardinals. Well now you have one that people from outside of Arizona will recognize.

People recognize Joe Green's name. Let's suit him up.

How about pursuing Terry Brashaw? Howie? Dick Butkus?

Just kidding:D

Young Gun

rebel without a cause
Reaction score
maybe you're right 29fan, I am confident though that Emmit will fit right in & do just fine.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson