All new backfield. Graves has earned some of his money so far.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Section 11, I had the same thought.

You may not like Rod Graves' plan and influence but he does have a plan, it's bold, and he's following it.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only grave (pun intended) error I see was not tagging Boston. We could have made San Diego cough up SOMETHING for him.

Other than that, he's been everything we could have hoped. But his one blunder was a huge blunder.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Well look at what the Skins gave up for COLES...

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed B
The only grave (pun intended) error I see was not tagging Boston. We could have made San Diego cough up SOMETHING for him.

Other than that, he's been everything we could have hoped. But his one blunder was a huge blunder.

You might well be right, but I don't think we'll know for sure until the end of the season.

Pateller tendons are a funny thing, they never seem to be able to heal just right, and I have a feeling that Boston may go out in the same fashion as Rob Moore.

We shall see.

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by CaliforniaCard
You might well be right, but I don't think we'll know for sure until the end of the season.

Pateller tendons are a funny thing, they never seem to be able to heal just right, and I have a feeling that Boston may go out in the same fashion as Rob Moore.

We shall see.

I don't care what Boston does now, all I'm saying is we should have gotten something in trade for him like other teams have done with restricted players.

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
I don't care what Boston does now, all I'm saying is we should have gotten something in trade for him like other teams have done with restricted players.

I get your point, yeah it would've been nice to get a couple of extra picks out of it.

pinnacle

Reaction score
I am still confused about this whole tagging thing..how would you rate the following players?

1. Colvin - no tag
2. Boston - no tag
3. Coles - tagged..1st round pick
4. Turley - last year of contract..traded for a 2nd round pick next year.
5. peerless price - tagged - 1st round pick.
6. Hugh douglas - no tag.

Seems the best guys on the list were not tagged in my opinion. Turley is a pro-bowl olineman..and all they got for hiim was a 2nd next year.

could argue the pros/cons on the above..but if the cards tagged boston..philly and chicago could have tagged their players. Takeo spikes in my opinion is better right now in his career than all of the above..so I left him off the list. I would rather have colvin, boston and douglas on my team over coles and peerless price... I think buffalo and the jets gambled..and won. I know chicago says they cannot afford colvin..but you would think they would make cuts elsewhere to make room for one of their best young players.

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by CaliforniaCard
I get your point, yeah it would've been nice to get a couple of extra picks out of it.

Yeah, I don't care if he makes the Hall of Fame or burns out on crack or blows out a knee now. He's not on our team and he's of no concern to me. But if you look at the Peerless Price and Turley situations, we clearly could have gotten at least a 2nd/3rd rounder for him. Hell, even a 7th rounder would beat what we got.....which is zilch.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle
1. Colvin - no tag

I think Colvin wanted a long term deal and didn't want to go through with the "tag for one year while they work on a contract" bit. If they were to tag him and lock him up long term, then they'd be losing the tag for the legnth of his contract, which doesn't bode well for keeping Mr. Urlacher next year.

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
I think Colvin wanted a long term deal and didn't want to go through with the "tag for one year while they work on a contract" bit. If they were to tag him and lock him up long term, then they'd be losing the tag for the legnth of his contract, which doesn't bode well for keeping Mr. Urlacher next year.

Excellent point.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Excellent point.

Yeah, it really is.

I was thinking about it after I pressed the ole "submit reply" button and I said to myself, "Damn, you're good."

Then I had some graham crackers.

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OK I can't even tell if you're mocking me.

From now on I'll only ridicule your opinions rather than pointing out when they're valid.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
OK I can't even tell if you're mocking me.

From now on I'll only ridicule your opinions rather than pointing out when they're valid.

I'm mocking myself really.
But feel free to ridicule anyway. It makes the day fly by.

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You're weird.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard