Alfonso Soriano

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despite his homerun off Schilling in the 2001 World Series Game 7, I heart Alfonso Soriano.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Great to see him having such a great year and playing such an important role in the Cubbies success... He was shipped out of NY because of his attitude... Willie Randolph as manager of the Mets had a chance to grab him a few year back but looked the other way because of his memories of Soriano as a Yankee (when Willie was a coach for the Yanks)... I have to think he kicks himself a ton over that decision!

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has sort of punk tendencies. He also stunk in the series the Yankees blew the 3-0 lead vs. the Red Sox, per my Yankee fan friend.

Despite all that, and the fact he is a Cub.

I like the guy.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He has sort of punk tendencies. He also stunk in the series the Yankees blew the 3-0 lead vs. the Red Sox, per my Yankee fan friend.

Despite all that, and the fact he is a Cub.

I like the guy.

Hey, I am a diehard Yanks fan, and I've always liked Soriano... I always felt like they gave up too quickly on him... attitude and all...
The problem really boiled down to the fact that he SUCKED as a 2nd baseman. Willie (perhaps the most respected 2nd baseman in Yanks history) was trying to work with him to help him improve, and Soriano essentially below Willie off... So they try to move him to the outfield, and he threw a HUGE hissy fit!
He grew up real fast when he was sent to Texas and was forced to play LF... He's never looked back since...

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw him make what seemed like five errors in one game at shortstop in the Arizona Fall Leagure at long time ago.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I saw him make what seemed like five errors in one game at shortstop in the Arizona Fall Leagure at long time ago.

Yup... he just never cared... He was all offense and never cared about defense. Not a good thing for a Major League middle infielder...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Will never happen.. If there were only two teams left in the MLB (Yankers or DRays), Id be a DRays fan..

Wish I met you alot longer ago Gee... I'd have you converted by now!! The trip to da Bronx and a stroll through Monument Park in left field would have been the clincher!!!!

:thumbup:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish I met you alot longer ago Gee... I'd have you converted by now!! The trip to da Bronx and a stroll through Monument Park in left field would have been the clincher!!!!

:thumbup:

Its like you know nothing about me..

Im so disgusted..

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soriano wasn't on that team. He was part of the A-Rod trade. Go Sox!!
I ws suspicious of the Yank fan who told me that. Ah well, Yanks were playing in the playoffs a lot back then, hard to keep the years straight I guess. :)

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score

After my trip to Yankee Stadium, I stopped openly hating the Yankees.

Also, once I realized that they are the same as my Lakers and people hate them for no good reason, I poured out the Haterade.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Also, once I realized that they are the same as my Lakers and people hate them for no good reason, I poured out the Haterade.

I always could get the fact that Steinbrenner is a tough, if not impossible guy to like. And over the years, they have brought in players and coaches who were also hard to like... And of course, George was always willing to spend as much as he felt needed to be spent, all in the name of not just winning - but winning a Championship.
Not sure why you would hate a guy who cares that much about winning... Now, you can hate MLB for allowing it to take place, when teams like KC, Tampa Bay, Pitt, etc... are on the verge of extinction...

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Umm, hello? They suck. What better reason do you need??

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson