Alexander, Acho, Johnson could be lost for season

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i see them activate moch.from ps
i think is time to replace brinkley and bell.
we need a great strong safety.
anyway many holes on this team to have a glimmer of hope

OP
OP
AzWins23

AzWins23

Reaction score
I'm sorry! 2 of 3...I thought he said 3. I'm guessing its Acho and Alexander

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
i see them activate moch.from ps
i think is time to replace brinkley and bell.
we need a great strong safety.
anyway many holes on this team to have a glimmer of hope

Both didn't play too well. I'm ready to see more of Minter and Mathieu playing at LB and S.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It has to be Alexander and Acho. Johnson just had a finger injury.

One of the thinnest position on the team just got a lot thinner. Why did we release Scho again?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Meh. Losing Acho hurts a bit because he is pretty solid in coverage and is versatile, but even he is replaceable. We lack speed on defense and none of these guys had speed. 1-2 with em.

This team just has some very exploitable weaknesses. Slow WRs, mediocre offensive line, no pass rush and un-athletic S's and LBs. Any team the Cardinals play with quick RBs and TEs will give us ton's of trouble.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Meh. Losing Acho hurts a bit because he is pretty solid in coverage and is versatile, but even he is replaceable. We lack speed on defense and none of these guys had speed. 1-2 with em.

This team just has some very exploitable weaknesses. Slow WRs, mediocre offensive line, no pass rush and un-athletic S's and LBs. Any team the Cardinals play with quick RBs and TEs will give us ton's of trouble.

Dude....we need and infusion of youth all over this roster. Is it time to cut some ties?! Who are we beating out this season??

It's time for more rooks to step in and up.

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
Might be a blessing in disguise. I'd love to see what Minter can do with some real playing time. Same goes for okafor

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Dude....we need and infusion of youth all over this roster. Is it time to cut some ties?! Who are we beating out this season??

It's time for more rooks to step in and up.

There is more to the answer to your question than what you think. How much more of this roster can we really cut after cutting so much of this roster this offseason? One of my issues with all of the moves this past offseason was that we didn't really improve our roster, we just acquired more of the same type of guys. Shaughnessy, Acho, Alezander and Okafor are all basically the same guy and none of them are speed mismatches. Brinkley, Dansby, and Minter are all basically the same guy. We replaced an old Wilson with an older Bell. Johnson was not a huge speed improvement over Rhodes. The biggest differential players we acquired were Palmer, Mendenhall, Cooper and Mathieu. They all bring a different level of talent to our roster.

It is easy to use hindsight in regards to the offseason, but we missed in some big areas if you ask me. We made it a priority to get bigger rather than quicker. The idea was to match up tougher in the division, but when your division adds Jared Cook and already includes Vernon Davis, you have created a disadvantage. We signed Brinkley and Dansby, but then used a 2nd round pick on Minter. I liked Minter in college and think he could be a good player, but how many resources are you going to use to upgrade the SILB position? Especially when you are very poor at LT, OLB, and S. It could be argued that we would be better served to use a second rounder on Vance McDOnald, Gavin Escobar, or DJ Swearinger? How about selecting a player like Margus Hunt to improve cheap depth at DE and push your veteran players?

I guess my big issue with the offseason is that is doesn't seem like we made progress equal to the number of moves we made. That and Todd Bowles is garbage. No deception is his defense.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Shaughnessy, Acho, Alezander and Okafor are all basically the same guy and none of them are speed mismatches.

Acho and Okafor are basically the same guy so hopefully we won't be hurt too badly is Acho is out for any extended period of time.

Alexander was just a special teams player. I don't know why the Cards thought they could make an OLB out of him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So does Ellington.

I would argue that Ellington fills the role and skillset that LSH had when he was here. Might be a bit better, but I view it as a treading water move. Let a vet go and fill the spot with a draft pick. No real progress there until Ellington develops into more.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I would argue that Ellington fills the role and skillset that LSH had when he was here. Might be a bit better, but I view it as a treading water move. Let a vet go and fill the spot with a draft pick. No real progress there until Ellington develops into more.

Except that Ellington is 3 inches taller and 20lbs heavier and appears to be just as quick as LSH.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with the last two - Ellington has the frame to carry the full load, while LSH did not.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Acho and Okafor are basically the same guy so hopefully we won't be hurt too badly is Acho is out for any extended period of time.

Alexander was just a special teams player. I don't know why the Cards thought they could make an OLB out of him.

He was a starter at OLB for the Skins last year too I believe.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He was a starter at OLB for the Skins last year too I believe.

No, I looked into that. The Redskins started some guy named Rob Jackson instead of Alexander when Orakpo went out. Alexander may have started some back in 2010 but not in the last two seasons. Couldn't figure it out as Jackson hadn't played much in the 4 years before. And if Washington didn't start Alexander why were we bringing him in as a potential starter.

Maybe somebody who is familiar with the Redskins can shed some light on this.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
No, I looked into that. The Redskins started some guy named Rob Jackson instead of Alexander when Orakpo went out. Alexander may have started some back in 2010 but not in the last two seasons. Couldn't figure it out as Jackson hadn't played much in the 4 years before. And if Washington didn't start Alexander why were we bringing him in as a potential starter.

Maybe somebody who is familiar with the Redskins can shed some light on this.

This shows him as a LB. Played in all 16 games and had some production since he wasn't starting the first half of the season.

http://www.redskins.com/team/roster/Lorenzo-Alexander/bdd6dd17-8468-4c8d-bb81-32e89ac66098

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ffseason-mistake-was-losing-lorenzo-alexander

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This shows him as a LB. Played in all 16 games and had some production since he wasn't starting the first half of the season.

http://www.redskins.com/team/roster/Lorenzo-Alexander/bdd6dd17-8468-4c8d-bb81-32e89ac66098

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ffseason-mistake-was-losing-lorenzo-alexander

I know he's listed as a LB just like Bethel is listed as a DB. But www. profootball-reference.com shows him with 0 starts and Jackson with 14.

But heck we don't follow the Redskins so what do we know. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn