03. "Goodbye to Romance"
04. "Dee"
05. "Suicide Solution"
06: "Mr. Crowley"
07: "No Bones Movies"
08: "Revelation (Mother Earth)"
09: "Steal Away (The Night)"

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm pinch-hitting for Pariah (just for today) and I believe that this "album" was definitely a "home-run"....

I've always been into Ozzy's music and it's shocking that "Blizzard of Ozz" was released 24-years ago, especially since it was ahead of its time...

People might have doubts that Ozzy would do well after he left Black Sabbath, but he immediately silenced those critics and has continued to do so... Either he rocks with the best of them or offers some really deeply emotional ballads..... Were there any weaknesses with this album? Absolutely not! Plus, having a guitarist as solid as Randy Rhoads obviously doesnt hurt whatsoever... Rhoads even exposed his "sensitive side" in the 50 second instrumental "Dee", that prompts the question...What if? I mentioned "what if?" a lot during my week with "Album-a-Day", but Rhoads was on the verge of being a major guitar legend in his own-right, but I am glad his legacy has lived on, especially through Ozzy's music....

Of course...the stand-outs are "Crazy Train", "Goodbye to Romance", "I Don't Know" and "Mr. Crowley", but "Revelation" and the controversial "Suicide Solution" deserved as much airplay.... "No Bone Movies" and "Steal Away" are also very impressive tunes....

Yes, Ozzy does get too much exposure with his MTV reality show to an extent that he's become a caricature of his former self, but with an album like
"Blizzard of Ozz", noone could possibly forget how he became this famous...Through a sheer powerful album that one can never get tired listening to......

Jim O

Reaction score
Nice selection. The first time I heard the beginning of Mr. Crowley, I was hooked. That is a spooky intro!

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
OZZY!!!
You must be registered for see images

I used to sneak into my sisters room and listen to this album when I was a kid. Classic stuff. :thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn