You must be registered for see images attach

Track Listing:
1. Maria (shut up and kiss me)
2. Mendicino County Line
3. Last Stand (in open country)
4. Won't Catch Me Cryin'
5. Be There for You
6. The Great Divide
7. Just Dropped In (to see what condition my condition was in)
8. The Face
9. Don't Fade Away
10. Time After Time
11. Recollection Phoenix
12. You Remain

Pariah's Review: Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of country music--at least, not "pure" country music. I love it when more "mainstream" (read: music that's not country) has elements of country music in it. That's what this album is: it's a genre-blurring managerie of songs. You'd think Willie'd be getting old and more out of touch with his audience, but he keeps it really fresh with songs written by and duets with people like Rob Thomas, Kid Rock and Cheryl Crow.

Bottom line: Don't dismiss this because you don't like country (remember, neither do I)--give it a chance, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at this "country" album.

Last edited:

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never really got into Willie Nelson since Country is my least favorite genre of them all, but I am always interested in expanding my "musical horizons".... Therefore, I just spent this past hour listening to "The Great Divide" and I must say I was actually quite impressed... All the songs were impressive, especially hearing his read on "Time After Time" was worthwhile in itself....Definitely not the "typical" Country album and I agree that people should give this album a chance...

My question to you is...What interested you to check-out this album in the first place?

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingLouieLouie said:
I never really got into Willie Nelson since Country is my least favorite genre of them all, but I am always interested in expanding my "musical horizons".... Therefore, I just spent this past hour listening to "The Great Divide" and I must say I was actually quite impressed... All the songs were impressive, especially hearing his read on "Time After Time" was worthwhile in itself....Definitely not the "typical" Country album and I agree that people should give this album a chance...

My question to you is...What interested you to check-out this album in the first place?
Word of mouth. I heard from someone that heard from someone that it was pretty good. It gets heavy rotation at my house, and has for about a year.

I'm going to have to skip my album-a-day today. Work's getting in the way of the important stuff, so if anyone wants to jump in, I'll be back tomorrow....

sorry 'bout that.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Word of mouth. I heard from someone that heard from someone that it was pretty good. It gets heavy rotation at my house, and has for about a year.

I'm going to have to skip my album-a-day today. Work's getting in the way of the important stuff, so if anyone wants to jump in, I'll be back tomorrow....

sorry 'bout that.
Oh, no need to apologize....Doesn't work just interfere with the other priorities in life anyways? :D

I'll just "pinch-hit" for today, but now must think of what "album" to choose....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn