2. On the Run
3. Time
4. The Great Gig in the Sky
5. Money
6. Us and Them
7. Any Colour You Like
8. Brain Damage
9. Eclipse

Jeez, where to start. I think most of us know the history of the album. This is just a great album. It is quintessential Floyd. I could have chosen any number of their albums but this one is just as good as the rest (I had actually thought about doing Umma Gumma).

Favorite tunes on this album are “Time”, “Any Colour You Like” and “Eclipse”.

One wonders if the band had truly stuck together what kind of further music they would have produced. Saw them at Sun Devil Stadium for Delicate Sound of Thunder…great show. Gilmour is just a fabulous guitarist, Nick Mason does great things on the drums and Richard Wright rounds out the sound on keyboards. One element of Pink Floyd that I have never really gotten into was Roger Waters. He is OK and blends well with the band but his voice sometimes grates…although more on The Wall than here.

Pink Floyd is one of the truly great bands ever in the history of rock n roll.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome album - it takes me back to the summers I lived in California.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Dark Side of the Moon" is my 2nd favorite Pink Floyd album (only to "Wish You Were Here"), but by not too far of a margin though...

Definitely an excellent choice on this album....I don't know where to begin, however, it's probably the best album to ever see a planetarium to....Anyways, absolutely no weaknesses to this album whatsoever.....

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah baby - great album.

I remember when I took my Astronomy class at the University of New Mexico my professor would always have this playing real low in the background while he lectured for every single class - it was awesome going to his class. Pulled an "A" in that class as well.

Shawn

Jim O

Reaction score
When I moved down to Arizona from St. Louis in 1988, I was 12 years old. My neighbor was the same age and I remember going over to his house and hearing the song "Money" on his stereo. I was immediately hooked on Pink Floyd and they are by far my favorite band of all time.

Gilmour's soaring guitar solo's combined with the spooky vocal style of Roger Water's makes a great combination. I saw Pink Floyd in 1994 at Sun Devil. What a live show...not just the sound, but the visuals are simply breathtaking.

Dark Side of the Moon is a masterpiece. I would recommend purchasing the VH1's Classic Albums DVD that came out recently. It has a ton of behind the scenes footage and really focuses on the "before their time" recording techniques that Floyd and their Engineer Alan Parsons used at the time. It is very entertaining.

Purchase the DVD

You must be registered for see images attach