2. Money for Nothing
3. Walk of Life
4. Your Latest Trick
5. Why Worry
6. Ride Across the River
7. The Man’s Too Strong
8. One World
9. Brothers in Arms

To me Dire Straits is one of the more under-rated bands I can think of. Their musicianship is great and they could really build a lot of quality tunes. “Brothers in Arms” though was their best effort in a collection of great efforts. Who can forget first eharing the sound of Sting’s voice coming through the speakers on Money for Nothing…then of course that powerful guitar opening. Walk of Life was a catchy tune with a music video every sports fan loved. But the real heart of this album is found beyond the airplay tracks.

Mark Knopfler’s voice gives such a rich sound to their tracks and you can feel his alternative music visions in the later songs of this album. A couple of gems deep on this album are the acoustic The Man’s Too Strong and the mellow Why Worry.

I think the track of the album though is the last track…Brother’s in Arms. The song was powerful on it’s own but applying this song to our current world post 9/11 suddenly brings a whole new meaning and power to the song.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another good selection....I've always loved this album, especially "So Far Away", which has applied to me since I moved out to AZ because of all the girls I left
behind back in MI.....

I agree that they have always been vastly underrated and their videos were awesome (especially the sports blooper version to "Walk Of Life" and nothing comes close to how the "Money For Nothing" video was ahead of its time)....

Of course my favorite 2 songs by them (besides "So Far Away") are
"Sultans Of Swing" and "Romeo And Juliet"....

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I've never liked Dire Straights. They just bother me, the singers voice grates on my nerves.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right on - this album is awesome. I love these guys as well - good pick. Favorite song on this disc is Brothers In Arms - magnificant.

Shawn