After Preseason, which players are you most hyped about?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And then (with no Hump) we'd be one injury away from having to play .............. .
Though I guess you could argue, yeah, but how often do injuries happen.

If we didn't extend Hump we would either a) trade him (hello Cowboys) or b) let him play out his final year.

If he wasn't here we could bring in someone else as depth such as Eric Fisher, or keep Justin Murray around.

We're paying $20m more for Hump to play LT while Jones warms the bench. Jones has shown starter quality traits at LT in preseason and personally I'd rather have Jones at LT and have spent that $20m on other players to make us better.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's been a problem for a lot of teams. Trading away proven players and keeping guys that we HOPE can replace them. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If it were up to me I'd go with the surer thing.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's been a problem for a lot of teams. Trading away proven players and keeping guys that we HOPE can replace them. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If it were up to me I'd go with the surer thing.

I'd stick with the surer thing for a few mil, maybe even $5m. But $20m? There's nowhere near a $20m difference between the two.

Give me Jones at LT and an elite corner or pass rusher any day.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Dortch would have to get my vote. Hopefully he can get an opportunity and we fill a need. Moore is there but always seems to be hurt or questionable or something. I'm wondering if Dortch seizes that opportunity and runs with it the next time Moore calls out hurt.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The only one I see having a breakout season is Dortch. No one else seems like a candidate. Too many ifs with the rookies and nothing in the vet room.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only one I see having a breakout season is Dortch. No one else seems like a candidate. Too many ifs with the rookies and nothing in the vet room.

Too many hopes on Dortch. He's like WR6. Most of his snaps might come early with Nuk and Tweezy out or if Moore gets injured.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
PA, you're probably correct, but law of averages tells me we'll get some sacks. And maybe one or two Edge guys will get them. So, that is the guy, I'll be keeping my eye on.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
J.J. Watt. He is literally the only guy on defense that offenses have to worry about because he still is tough to block one on one. Curious to see how Zach Allen does with the new D-line coach.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
J.J. Watt. He is literally the only guy on defense that offenses have to worry about because he still is tough to block one on one. Curious to see how Zach Allen does with the new D-line coach.
Zach Allen was doing fine with the old D-Line coach???

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Considering how much money receivers get paid (Christian Kirk is, in my opinion, the most overpaid player since Albert Haynesworth given the fact that Kirk was not even good here and got paid a fortune) I vote for Isabella. Best upside at a position of need in the league. Isabella works hard and has always been a good team guy. Let’s hope he steps up

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler and Simmons. They both have the natural ability to raise the ceiling and cover up the flaws of this team.

Seeing a healthy Hopkins will also be fun. It has been a while.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I have really come around and am anxious to see the connection between Kyler Murphy and Hollyfield Brown. Hope they can rekindle the old OK magic.