AFC/NFC Divisional Round Weekend. 2020

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Afraid so. I would love to see Niners fans crying in their wine. But, the smart bet will be for SF to cover the spread. Even if it is 14 pts. IMO.

Now that I have shared my gambling advice, the wise move for all of you is to bet GB to win straight up.
Lol!

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just want to see Pete Carroll bite his tongue on national TV chewing that gum. He’d bite half of it off.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but man I think Metcalf is going to extend the Seahawks window. They would have been truly screwed (had so many close games this year) if they didn't have a deep threat. Him being out there opens up things for everyone else.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Don't tell anyone, but I think Kyler's going to be the better QB over time too. He sure can throw. Jackson's wonderful in this offense, and has awesome rushing ability. But like Cam, I don't see it continuing without the tight release and accuracy KM has.

Watching the Titans neutralize him was fun after all the overblown hype this year.

Lamar didnt have crazy wide open receivers and his ball placement was very average at times. Didnt look like a top 5 QB at all.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Watching the Titans neutralize him was fun after all the overblown hype this year.

Lamar didnt have crazy wide open receivers and his ball placement was very average at times. Didnt look like a top 5 QB at all.
I think his rushing ability is so dynamic that he'll just be an amazing player for a good while. I don't think the hype is overblown at all. But I do think he has a limited shelf life given his true passing ability.

Longevity comes from arm strength and a short delivery, though.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think his rushing ability is so dynamic that he'll just be an amazing player for a good while. I don't think the hype is overblown at all. But I do think he has a limited shelf life given his true passing ability.

Well he is sitting home while the Titans advance. He wasnt so good that he could over come a few drops and tight throwing windows. If he throws the ball better, the Ravens don't get totally blown out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but man I think Metcalf is going to extend the Seahawks window. They would have been truly screwed (had so many close games this year) if they didn't have a deep threat. Him being out there opens up things for everyone else.

watching him, I am dumbfounded how people still keep saying "oh, he can only do one or two routes!"

kid's a stud... and a rookie. anyone arguing otherwise... especially somehow that Isabella was the right pick is either drinking drano or Bluto's bartender.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
lol... this part of the quote is hilarious coming from one of the kings of the Kyler can do no wrong-fan-club.
STRAW MAN KING STRIKES AGAIN!

Where have I excused his performance? It was pitiful outside of a drive or two.

Come on man! You are better than this. Why are you mischaracterizing what I am saying and putting words in mouth?

Maybe I need to write this in crayon so you can understand my point.

My point is that You should look at Murrays performance in this game vs the rest of the year. Yes hes had some awful performances. So did many other rookie QBs. Hes had a solid year. For a good chunk of the season he has been top ten in QBR. But the Murray Derangement crowd looks for every little ***** in the armor to talk smack.

How about this post? Do you admit you're just being a douche?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You must be totally blind, because I have criticized Kyler during a number of games.
Dude, you've barely said he's had a stain on his jersey. For every negative you've said, there's been ten positives.

I'm admittedly just as guilty on the opposite end.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Dude, you've barely said he's had a stain on his jersey. For every negative you've said, there's been ten positives.

I'm admittedly just as guilty on the opposite end.

Pull out my game thread posts. I've criticized him a number of times. I do however see the forest for the trees. He is a rookie, rookies generally struggle quite a bit.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Pull out my game thread posts. I've criticized him a number of times. I do however see the forest for the trees. He is a rookie, rookies generally struggle quite a bit.
I don't think all of us can participate in every thread, whether we're at the game, watching somewhere, or just not able to focus on it. In every mid-week or longer thread, you're Captain of Team Murray, and not exactly objective. Calling Jackson's MVP season "overblown hype" is pretty bad man. LJ was historic in ways we can only pray Kyler will be.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don't think all of us can participate in every thread, whether we're at the game, watching somewhere, or just not able to focus on it. In every mid-week or longer thread, you're Captain of Team Murray, and not exactly objective. Calling Jackson's MVP season "overblown hype" is pretty bad man. LJ was historic in ways we can only pray Kyler will be.
I think you are stuck on the conversation before the season. Krang has been critical of Murray on many occasions this year. I distinctly remember because it kind of surprised me based on preseason that he would be critical of him to the extent that he has.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Lamar Jackson is the best player to come out in many years according to many.

I think he had a good year, but his success isnt likely to be sustainable. How will be play when he doesnt have a top 3 offensive line?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I go back and forth on this.

The thing that shocked me (and part of that is Kyler's weight gain, but another part is Lamar is use to playing with lesser players for years. I mean two of Kyler's Olineman in HS were day 2 draft picks) is how Lamar is way more slippery than Kyler.

I mean we are talking about a guy who played bad and still put up 500 yards of offense. Also I think the difference with Cam is that he was never humble. Lamar is selfless. He'll take it personal that he again couldn't deliver in the playoffs.

For all we know he's Giannis from 3 years ago...if that shot (throw) slowly improves...

However, Kyler is the more natural thrower. It wouldn't shock me if he shocked the world next year. I think he has the potential to be an elite talent, but will he ever have an elite game? .He's got the arm, touch, speed, etc. However, he's gotta have a much feel for the pocket and start closing some of these games. It was startling to see how much Watson and Mahomes and even Lamar could make scramble throws look routine. Don't even need to mention Wilson. They seem to know when to step up, slide, etc.

Lamar also has a much more stable organization/coaching staff. They work to cover his flaws. To be determined in Arizona.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think you are stuck on the conversation before the season. Krang has been critical of Murray on many occasions this year. I distinctly remember because it kind of surprised me based on preseason that he would be critical of him to the extent that he has.

Murray had 3-4 total dogshit games.

But that is to be expected of rookie. What is concerning is that those dogshit games came near the end of the year mostly, a time when Murray should have been getting better.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

The thing that shocked me (and part of that is Kyler's weight gain, but another part is Lamar is use to playing with lesser players for years. I mean two of Kyler's Olineman in HS were day 2 draft picks) is how Lamar is way more slippery than Kyler.

I mean we are talking about a guy who played bad and still put up 500 yards of offense. Also I think the difference with Cam is that he was never humble. Lamar is selfless. He'll take it personal that he again couldn't deliver in the playoffs.

For all we know he's Giannis from 3 years ago...if that shot (throw) slowly improves...

However, Kyler is the more natural thrower. It wouldn't shock me if he shocked the world next year. I think he has the potential to be an elite talent, but will he ever have an elite game? .He's got the arm, touch, speed, etc. However, he's gotta have a much feel for the pocket and start closing some of these games. It was startling to see how much Watson and Mahomes and even Lamar could make scramble throws look routine. Don't even need to mention Wilson. They seem to know when to step up, slide, etc.

Lamar also has a much more stable organization/coaching staff. They work to cover his flaws. To be determined in Arizona.

Murray runs way too scared. I get that he doesnt want to be a running QB, but he needs to realize he is more athletic than 95% of the NFL. Just run and get down when he has to.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Murray had 3-4 total dogshit games.

But that is to be expected of rookie. What is concerning is that those dogshit games came near the end of the year mostly, a time when Murray should have been getting better.
Fortunately he closed out the year with a couple solid performances. He also seemed to get a little more comfortable with running as the season went along.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Murray runs way too scared. I get that he doesnt want to be a running QB, but he needs to realize he is more athletic than 95% of the NFL. Just run and get down when he has to.
Id say he ran scared at the beginning of the season. I'd say he ran timid most of it.

Its odd cause he wound up taking more punishment rolling out than he would have stepping up in the pocket.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

LJ is simply a more powerful runner than Murray. He is much less likely to be taken down by arm tackles than Murray is and that is why he may seem more slippery.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Id say he ran scared at the beginning of the season. I'd say he ran timid most of it.

Its odd cause he wound up taking more punishment rolling out than he would have stepping up in the pocket.

I honestly didn't see many real hits on Murray this year.

Yeah, running timid would be a good way to describe it. Watch his OU tape and he didnt run that way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson