Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AFC Championship: Pittsburgh at New England – 1/22/17, 6:40pm (E), CBS

GMF1991

Reaction score
I think this game will be closer than most people are expecting.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always root against both these teams, so this one would normally be a tossup. With Floyd being on the Pats, I am going with the Steelers this time. Regardless, I want the NFC to win the SB. My hope is the Falcons.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I keep forgetting he plays for them. Honestly I don't care whether he wins a championship or not.
+1. I've moved on. He is just another Cardinals castoff to me. I will be rooting for the pats and against the steelers.

Tuis post was sent from mu smartphine so please excuwe any typos or gramatical errors

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't his fault he got released.

It sure was. Actions have consequences. He chose to get drunk and try to drive (again). He ended up passed out behind the wheel at an intersection. Thankfully, he was found by officers and arrested before causing any injuries or deaths that night. Then, according to the Cardinals, he was not remorseful for his actions. That is why he was released. That is 100% on him.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It sure was. Actions have consequences. He chose to get drunk and try to drive (again). He ended up passed out behind the wheel at an intersection. Thankfully, he was found by officers and arrested before causing any injuries or deaths that night. Then, according to the Cardinals, he was not remorseful for his actions. That is why he was released. That is 100% on him.
So, upon getting released when the Patriots called was he supposed to smile and say, "no thank you"? I'm not defending what he did but the Cards could have suspended him then let him walk and at least get a draft pick out of it but instead, they release him outright, and now the Patriots will benefit.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, upon getting released when the Patriots called was he supposed to smile and say, "no thank you"? I'm not defending what he did but the Cards could have suspended him then let him walk and at least get a draft pick out of it but instead, they release him outright, and now the Patriots will benefit.

Well, they got Michael Floyd. A player with a drinking problem who is having a subpar year.

GMF1991

Reaction score
Pittsburg +6 seems like easy $$

I don't gamble but if I were to start it would be this game. I feel like people are really underestimating the strength of Pittsburgh's offense.

So in your guys opinions, if Martellus Bennett can't play today, how much do you think that will affect the Pats offense? It sounds like he's going to play but just curious how much of an impact you think he'll have.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I don't gamble but if I were to start it would be this game. I feel like people are really underestimating the strength of Pittsburgh's offense.

So in your guys opinions, if Martellus Bennett can't play today, how much do you think that will affect the Pats offense? It sounds like he's going to play but just curious how much of an impact you think he'll have.
Brady owns the steelers in new england.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

underestimating that vaunted steelers offense that didn't even score a touchdown last week?? That the one?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He drops the game winning 2 pt conversion, and the Pats lose by 1.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edit: Of course I thought you meant Floyd and Pats...lol
lol... I meant the stillers and pats...

maybe we can see them go into quadruple double OT and end the game with every player exhausted beyond measure

GMF1991

Reaction score
underestimating that vaunted steelers offense that didn't even score a touchdown last week?? That the one?

KC had one of the best red zone defenses this season. 4th or 5th I believe, thought I think Pats were only a few spots lower on the list.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the Pats are the better team.

I don't know if Floyd will have impact but if BB wants to utilize him after 2 games we will see probably more of him, maybe even the good Floyd ...