ads hijacking AZFN

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Some of the adverts (pizza one last time) are hijacking links in the AZFN forcing you to view full page ads for up to 60 seconds before continuing through.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
do you have an adblocker on your browser? Also, when was the last time you checked for malware/spyware/adware? I've never experienced that any time I've visited this site

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I find surfing the net without an ad blocker to be incredibly painful.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you become an ASFN contributor, you won't get any ads served at all so your ad-blocker does not have to kick in.

It's only $18.95 for 12 months.

Just saying.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Adblock extension. I can't browse ASFN without it. The amount of ads is insane otherwise.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Your whining is becoming tiresome - your last 4 threads are ad-bitching.

Here's the deal. This site is not a charity. Two ways to keep the site alive are to become a contributor or deal with the ads.

If you don't like it go away, nobody is forcing you to post here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fiasco

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Your whining is becoming tiresome - your last 4 threads are ad-bitching.

Here's the deal. This site is not a charity. Two ways to keep the site alive are to become a contributor or deal with the ads.

If you don't like it go away, nobody is forcing you to post here.

I don't mind advertisements in the least. I've browsed the site on laptops, macs, androids ect. The ads are a perfectly acceptable form of financial support for the forum and they have been here for some time.

That said, the Kia advert that is embedded for only i-devices disable the forum. It is exceptionally difficult to use AZFN on an iphone due soley to the KIA ad. It may even be a regionally targeted ad (St. Louis area dealerships) so you guys may not even see it over there.

You may not like me complaining about the advert but I suspect site admins also do not want their website hijacked by an unscrupulous advertiser either. Then again, perhaps you don't care if an advertiser is "stealing clicks" that fall outside of the advertisement itself (ie, click a forum link and get routed to the advertiser).

OP
OP
Fiasco

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
P.S. I just tunneled through a proxy server outside of the country. Only normal adverts appeared and the offending ad did not.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind advertisements in the least. I've browsed the site on laptops, macs, androids ect. The ads are a perfectly acceptable form of financial support for the forum and they have been here for some time.

That said, the Kia advert that is embedded for only i-devices disable the forum. It is exceptionally difficult to use AZFN on an iphone due soley to the KIA ad. It may even be a regionally targeted ad (St. Louis area dealerships) so you guys may not even see it over there.

You may not like me complaining about the advert but I suspect site admins also do not want their website hijacked by an unscrupulous advertiser either. Then again, perhaps you don't care if an advertiser is "stealing clicks" that fall outside of the advertisement itself (ie, click a forum link and get routed to the advertiser).
I think what you may be failing to realize is that "Mods" does not equal "Site Admins". This site is owned by Keebali, which is not based in the U.S., and they DON'T CARE about your iphone, or the intrusiveness of the KIA ads.

We mods have NO CONTROL over the ads, and complaining about them will get you nowhere.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Furthermore, the Admins - jw7 and myself - have no ownership. Keebali owns the site purely to make money.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only "fiasco" I see is referencing the site as AZFN. :shrug:

Really? :|

:ASFN:

:jedi:

BIM

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Also - if a mod deletes your post, griping about it will not help.

A PM may be in order if you have questions.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think what you may be failing to realize is that "Mods" does not equal "Site Admins". This site is owned by Keebali, which is not based in the U.S., and they DON'T CARE about your iphone, or the intrusiveness of the KIA ads.

We mods have NO CONTROL over the ads, and complaining about them will get you nowhere.

This.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my contributor status automatically renewed in June yet I'm not one now. If it didn't renew, oh well. Ad block takes care of the ads and i don't really surf the site on my phone.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my contributor status automatically renewed in June yet I'm not one now. If it didn't renew, oh well. Ad block takes care of the ads and i don't really surf the site on my phone.

I will check on the status.