Aaron Rogers traded to Jets

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man I hope you're right Vince. I've been waiting it seems like forever to watch them fall apart.
I spoke with an old friend from Little Chute yesterday. He’s generally a mild mannered soul, but the mere mention of AR set him off. He’s been a Packer diehard since the early 60’s. Said something to the effect that AR is the biggest jerk to have ever worn a Packer uniform lol. Said most Packer fans would endure multiple losing seasons than to tolerate his attitude another day. I told him to be careful what he wishes for. You might not feel that way when multiple seasons turns into decades of crap lol.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Just saw on good morning football, that Rogers has to sign an amended contract with Green Bay today to help alleviate the cap hit, and then that contract has to sit on the books for 24 hours with Green Bay, and then the trade can be made official to the Jets sometime tomorrow.. basically just in time for Thursday's draft.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Just saw on good morning football, that Rogers has to sign an amended contract with Green Bay today to help alleviate the cap hit, and then that contract has to sit on the books for 24 hours with Green Bay, and then the trade can be made official to the Jets sometime tomorrow.. basically just in time for Thursday's draft.
I would think something like this needs to be done for DHop and/or Budda, to help the Cardinals facilitate a max value trade. So if we don't hear of anything today, it doesn't seem likely, to me, that either would be traded before or during the draft.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would think something like this needs to be done for DHop and/or Budda, to help the Cardinals facilitate a max value trade. So if we don't hear of anything today, it doesn't seem likely, to me, that either would be traded before or during the draft.
Still don’t see the Cardinals trading Budda. Cardinals will exhaust every option to keep him. Too valuable OFF the field.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Still don’t see the Cardinals trading Budda. Cardinals will exhaust every option to keep him. Too valuable OFF the field.
Totally agree. I think he'll get the extension, or at least a reworked contract for 2023. Just pointing out the cap hits for both make it difficult for the Cards to get maximum return in a trade.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Totally agree. I think he'll get the extension, or at least a reworked contract for 2023. Just pointing out the cap hits for both make it difficult for the Cards to get maximum return in a trade.
Agree. After MOJG both jumped into his jock at their introductions, they now have to rework his contract. Hopefully they both have learned a valuable lesson. Never ever put any player on your current roster on a pedestal. Not ever. Cardinals had ALL the leverage with Budda, and then lost it with their gloating on him. Exactly why MO only refers to players being “a good player” the last few times he’s spoken lol.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Green Bay likely looking WR and/or OL. Could the Cards send Hopkins & picks 34 & 97 to GB for pick #15? Lots of good OL choices at 34. Especially attractive if Cards trade down.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Thumbnail is out of context. That reaction was when Shefty said that Jets were giving up the #13 pick this year, before he clarified that they were getting the #15 back in a pick swap. It's not like the fact Rodgers was traded to the Jets surprised anyone.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope Budda keeps playing for us at a high level. Any drop off at all and the fans will be saying "Should have traded that bum when we had the chance." ;)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ouch packers to the jets.... always a fan of rodgers amazing qb!! Hope he leads jets to a few winning seasons :)

Do the jets have any wrs though?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My “friends” who are die hard Packers fans vehemently disagree.
Pick your poison. Green Bay natives, which my buddy is, had made their peace with Favre. But his recent shenanigans has hit in trouble again. It’s Rodger’s arrogance that drives people nuts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose