A View of the Entire Draft

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
As many of you know I’m a believer in Tony Pauline. Here’s a note from his site.
One scout told Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline that Boise State T Ezra Cleveland is a "sensational pass-protector."
The scout is not particularly high on Cleveland's work blocking for the run, but he absolutely digs the Boise State tackle's ability to scrap in the pass-blocking game. The scout notes that the 6-foot-6, 311-pounder "possesses great feet and movement skills." Pauline hears that teams are looking forward to getting Cleveland into weight training and the like at the next level as he continues to develop.

Both Pauline and Brugler have him going 16. He been one of the big risers on the boards this month. I’d bet there’s no way he goes late round 1.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with you Harry on Cleveland IMO is rising up draft boards and people aren't paying attention to it.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Brayvion Roy is one of my favs in the draft. Great call.

I only saw him play about 3 times, but against good comp. and he dominated.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like there will be runs on the OT and CB positions in the early part of the first round this year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That would be a good awful trade. What is the obsession with trading PP?

That would be a god awful trade.
What is the obsession with trading PP?

No, I don't think that would be an awful trade. I think that would be a good deal for us, but I don't think for a second Atlanta would do it.

Here's what you aren't getting - he has one year on his contract at big money and he is 30+ already. It is time to be looking for his replacement. You can get a guy that at least has a good chance of replacing him with 16, and he would be a hell of a lot cheaper.

But, Atlanta would not do that deal.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we trade down to 16 I hope we take Chaisson or Matos. Kennard is a pretty good signing but he doesn’t really excel in pass rush. Bringing in either of these two guys would add a pass rusher as they learn their trade.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just read cards supposedly have a deal with ATL already agreed too depending on a few conditions. Apparently Atlanta is trying to trade up to 2 with the Redskins for Chase Young but have been denied so far, trading with us is their backup plan and they will take Kinlaw if they do the deal with the cards.
Heard same rumor only it was Atlanta and Detroit

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As many of you know I’m a believer in Tony Pauline. Here’s a note from his site.
One scout told Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline that Boise State T Ezra Cleveland is a "sensational pass-protector."
The scout is not particularly high on Cleveland's work blocking for the run, but he absolutely digs the Boise State tackle's ability to scrap in the pass-blocking game. The scout notes that the 6-foot-6, 311-pounder "possesses great feet and movement skills." Pauline hears that teams are looking forward to getting Cleveland into weight training and the like at the next level as he continues to develop.

Both Pauline and Brugler have him going 16. He been one of the big risers on the boards this month. I’d bet there’s no way he goes late round 1.

Cleveland was outstanding at the Senior Bowl practices. He really showed up against the DLs. Also had a very good Combine. Very athletic, could play either OT or OG.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cleveland was outstanding at the Senior Bowl practices. He showed up against the DLs.

Just looked at Cleveland's combine stats - he appears to be a very good athlete.

If he is indeed a very good pass blocker, it seems to me like 16 might be a reasonable pick to take him.

Wilmot 1

Reaction score
In reply to Harry's Trade Down with Tampa Bay:

1. K'Lavon Chaisson, OLB, A former coach was asked "Who is the best pass rusher in this draft, without hesitation he said Chaisson. Asked if he included Young, he said yes. Great pass rusher are very difficult to find.

2. Robert Hunt, Agree. Hunt is the next OG that will compare to Indy's Nelson. Will replace Sweezy this year or next, can also substitute at Tackle if needed.

3. Reekwon Davis, Agree

4. Troy Dye ILB. Very good speed 4.55/40, Side line to side line, very good tackler, excels in pass coverage, replace Hicks in passing downs and maybe replace Campbell next year.

6. Kevin Dotson, OG, Hunts team mate, Solid in run game and pass pro. Plays with an attitude. Build up the interior offensive line.

7. Antoine Brooks, S/ILB/Special Teams standout, very aggressive and strong, 5' 10" 220.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
No, I don't think that would be an awful trade. I think that would be a good deal for us, but I don't think for a second Atlanta would do it.

Here's what you aren't getting - he has one year on his contract at big money and he is 30+ already. It is time to be looking for his replacement. You can get a guy that at least has a good chance of replacing him with 16, and he would be a hell of a lot cheaper.

But, Atlanta would not do that deal.
The guy you get would be nowhere as good as Peterson. Unless you think they’re getting a HOF player at 16.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard