A successful season?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t like holding 2019 against Kliff. We started 0-3-1. 2020 & potentially this year? Absolutely.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That late into the season and with a record of 10-4 everyone, including myself, seems to be disappointed with the team's performance in the last weeks. So what would it take for you to still call this season a success?

I thought about it quite a bit and was asking myself if I would rather see them win the remaining 3 regular season games and lose in the first playoff round or finish 10-7 and win a playoff game. I came to the conclusion that I don't really value the 3 remaining games, if we lose out and win at least one playoff game and don't get killed in the next one I would still call the season a success.

It doesn't have to be either or. Winning is something that is learned and earned.

Leadership is one of the key ingredients.

Ask Suns fans what life was like without a good GM, a head coach like Monty Williams and Chris Paul.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think that this season will be a semi-success if the Cardinals are competitive in their playoff game. Kyler needs a taste and even though he isnt big on game prep, he is competitive enough that losing should drive him to get better.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think that this season will be a semi-success if the Cardinals are competitive in their playoff game. Kyler needs a taste and even though he isnt big on game prep, he is competitive enough that losing should drive him to get better.
If we lose out and go one & done in the playoffs, regardless of how "competitive" we look in the post-season loss, I just can't consider this a successful season.
Going 3 & 7 over our final ten games, and then a first-round playoff loss is simply brutal. IMHO, Kliff should be fired and an argument can be made that Kyler gets next season to show he's got the goods, otherwise, chalk it up to another swing & miss on a first rounder...

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, I guess it is all about perspective and word interpretation. A "successful" season can only be a super bowl win. Anything else is not successful; therefore, only one team will have a successful season this year. I hope it is the Cardinals. Now, average, good, and great seasons is a matter of interpretation and whatever else you want to add into your personal mix.

Or, I guess you could say a great season is only a super bowl win?
I would say we've had a good season, overall thus far (again, my opinion, my perspective-with 10 wins). But, a terrible last 6 or 7 games.

A great season would be maybe getting to the semi finals or to the super bowl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard