A Look Ahead at the Offense

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
So with all the roster changes and QB chaos, who will be the breakout offensive player in 2024? Of course we haven’t even seen the offense yet, but speculation is always fun, so have at it.

I’ll start off the discussion with a familiar theory. I ventured it last year and couldn’t have missed the mark further. However, hope springs eternal. So I’m guessing McBride breaks out. We know McCoy likes to get the ball out quickly. Even if Ertz is back week one, he figures to be cautiously utilized. Conner is supposed a focus of the “new” running game. I think he’ll be more productive, but his impact will likely be to occupy attention. I’m not confident McCoy will have the time to throw deep so I eliminate Brown & Moore. One of the other receivers could surprise, but McBride improved significantly as the season went on. He has good speed, runs solid routes and is competitive on 50/50 tosses. I think he’ll put up around 800 yards in what will otherwise be a pedestrian offense.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
McCoy is old, we're talking Sun City old, like driving around in a street legal golf cart old

Me... I wanna see if Tune is a narcissist or the real deal. That's the guy who might surprise. If he's all talk we will know soon because it would take a true leader to unify and inspire this rag tag group of 1 and 1s

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So with all the roster changes and QB chaos, who will be the breakout offensive player in 2024? Of course we haven’t even seen the offense yet, but speculation is always fun, so have at it.

I’ll start off the discussion with a familiar theory. I ventured it last year and couldn’t have missed the mark further. However, hope springs eternal. So I’m guessing McBride breaks out. We know McCoy likes to get the ball out quickly. Even if Ertz is back week one, he figures to be cautiously utilized. Conner is supposed a focus of the “new” running game. I think he’ll be more productive, but his impact will likely be to occupy attention. I’m not confident McCoy will have the time to throw deep so I eliminate Brown & Moore. One of the other receivers could surprise, but McBride improved significantly as the season went on. He has good speed, runs solid routes and is competitive on 50/50 tosses. I think he’ll put up around 800 yards in what will otherwise be a pedestrian offense.
I think the options are

1A Wilson
1B McBride
3 Rondale

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think the options are

1A Wilson
1B McBride
3 Rondale
It could easily be Rondale, but he has to stay off the trainer's table and stay on the field.

My vote, right now, is McBride. He's gonna get all the TE targets until Ertz comes back, and even after that I think they are planning to be a 2 TE heavy team, so his options will stay open.

Also, it may be strange to say, but Hollywood could also be considered a breakout...he could easily be in the 1300-1500 yard and 10-12 TD range, as the primary receiving target.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I don’t think McCoy has a deep passing game regardless of OL play.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know why other than a gut feeling but my pick is Zach Pascal.

Yeah I think he gets lost in the conversation. I have a feeling the coaches will love how physical he is especially with regards to his run blocking. He will be on the field for plenty of snaps and that will give him more chances in the passing game.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m doubting the Cardinals have any offensive player in the top 15 at any position.
If we are talking fantasy, I think Hollywood has a good chance of being a WR2 which would mean a top 15 spot.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am somehow buying into the Wilson hype. I love what I see on the film. The early moves indicate that this team wants to go a lot bigger at receiver and he is likely to get the lions share of the "big guy" routes. The big caveat is obviously health.

As for Moore...

I think he might get cut - or traded for beans.

As I said, the team obviously wants to get bigger at receiver, I don't see us keeping a bunch of tiny guys in the receiving core. Brown is safe, but I just don't see room for Moore and Dortch.

Maybe they convert Moore to a long down, receiving running back.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I am somehow buying into the Wilson hype. I love what I see on the film. The early moves indicate that this team wants to go a lot bigger at receiver and he is likely to get the lions share of the "big guy" routes. The big caveat is obviously health.

As for Moore...

I think he might get cut - or traded for beans.

As I said, the team obviously wants to get bigger at receiver, I don't see us keeping a bunch of tiny guys in the receiving core. Brown is safe, but I just don't see room for Moore and Dortch.

Maybe they convert Moore to a long down, receiving running back.
I definitely believe Dortch or Moore will end up on the unemployment line with Moore being the odds out favorite simply because of his injury history. I think Brown will work mainly out of the slot.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Don't know why other than a gut feeling but my pick is Zach Pascal.
If it's Pascal, it likely means none of our younger players with possibly brighter long-term futures (Wilson, Moore, McBride) broke out and the offense is very bad. This could be what happens, but certainly not what I am rooting for.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
it sure looks to me like the philosophy will be lots of the running game offset by the periodic deep shot

given the roster, i think JG knows he has to keep his D off the field and hope he can win a bunch of 20-17 kind of games.

This also protects a Qb coming off an ACL

I dont know if thats the long term vision, but it might be some boring football this season