a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in awhile...

pinnacle

Reaction score
I have read that 3- 4 teams have had aaron graham in.. granted he has not signed anywhere..but what the heck is going on with the talent in the NFL.. this is the former cardinals aaron graham who could not find a team after we cut him and he played in the XFL.. I am developing a new conspiracy theory...the pittman/rice/christie/brown winning a super bowl got too much press and now it is the in thing to do to go and get a bunch of former cardinals on your team..that will turn you into a super bowl champion for sure. used to be that we cut guys and everyone figured...hey - the cardinals were not interested..so they must really suck...now it is...get enough former cards on your team and it is recipe for the super bowl!
:thumbup:

Texans | A. Graham Visits - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
13:41 PT: HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans visited with free agent C/LS Aaron Graham (Titans) on Saturday.

OP
OP
P

pinnacle

Reaction score
and why is dallas interested in martay jenkins.. aren't they the team that cut him in training camp when he was a rookie (I could be wrong on this).. where is the damn justice in the world..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dammit - if that saying is true - THEN WHY CAN'T WE GET A FREE AGENT! I want SOMETHING to make me an optimist again - I really do . . . (please don't tell me patience either - I can't take it -i've been patient for 15 years.)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by imaCafan
I thought they cut Jackson......

No, they cut Jenkins. Jackson was an UDFA.

How much money could've been won on this bet: "Who will be out of the league first? Andre Wasworth or Aaron Graham?" Just goes to show, no matter how smart we think we are, nobody knows much more than squat about the future of a player. It's all guessing. Some guesses are safer than others.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
Martay Jenkins wasn't cut. The year the Cowboys drafted him, he never made the team. The Cowboys wanted to try to put him on the practice squad and instead the Cardinals signed him to the regular season roster.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AntSports Steve
Martay Jenkins wasn't cut. The year the Cowboys drafted him, he never made the team. The Cowboys wanted to try to put him on the practice squad and instead the Cardinals signed him to the regular season roster.

Doesn't a player have to be put on waivers and available to every team in the league to be on the practice squad? I'd call that 'cut'. He certainly wasn't on the final roster.

Cardinator

Reaction score
After watching Bill Bidwill in action every since he came to the Valley I think a more apt question is "Will a squirrel that doesn't even want to find an acorn still find one and if he does will he keep it?"

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
Doesn't a player have to be put on waivers and available to every team in the league to be on the practice squad? I'd call that 'cut'. He certainly wasn't on the final roster.

It's not being cut at all. The waivers is a matter of making teams keep players on their rosters who they don't want to lose. The practice squad isn't a place to demote a guy who isn't performing but has upside as a punishment. Such guys could get snapped up in a moment and that's one of the reasons why they have the waiver system. The squad is for young, developmental players. It's not being cut at all because the team still wants you. When a player gets cut, the team is quite clearly saying they want him gone.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
The new Mascot! He is 34 million acorns under the cap.

Attachments

• blind_squirrel2.jpg
    blind_squirrel2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My guess is that the reason Graham is attracting attention now is that there is evidently becoming a shortage of long snappers and he has evidently been working on that.
Notice the Trey Junkin deal last year.