98.7 sports radio | Bidwill Press Conference

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Kliff put in a ton of hours and effort, just didn't get the results.
We were making progress the first 3 seasons but just regressed this season.
Was hoping things would turn around this season. Players stepped up but it just didn't happen.
Reporter - "are you willing to do financially whatever it takes to get the biggest name"
Mike B - I don't know about the biggest name, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes financially to get the best HC and GM.
Reporter - are you worried about Kyler's style of play being sustainable and a HC or GM being worried about that?
MB - a year ago, HC's and GM's were worried about how to stop him. Hopefully we can keep him healthy.
Reporter - how much input will Kyler have?
MB - we're in communication with him already so he will absolutely have input.

MB - For HC and GM - Looking for someone with a good plan and leadership skills. Can assemble a quality staff. We have a lot of talent. We're not as broken as everyone thinks.

MB - didn't see Steve's resignation coming.
MB - wants Kyler here for his rehab.
MB - wants to understand what we're doing and why but won't be making decisions on who we're signing.
MB - wants to hire a GM first but that won't stop him from hiring a HC first.
MB - expects that they "may" interview an internal candidate but they don't have anything scheduled yet.

Reporter - why hasn't this organization had a coach last longer than 6 years?
MB - I look forward to our next coach lasting a long time and bringing a winning team.
"MB - wants to hire a GM first but that won't stop him from hiring a HC first."

This tells me we are screwed dot com. This tells me Mikey still thinks Mikey makes wise decisions

Any GM worth their weight will want to weigh in on who the new head coach is as the new head coach will ultimately dictate the team's new identity

You can't hire the head coach before hiring the GM unless they're the same person lol and Sean Payton ain't coming to Arizona

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

This tells me we are screwed dot com. This tells me Mikey still thinks Mikey makes wise decisions

Any GM worth their weight will want to weigh in on who the new head coach is as the new head coach will ultimately dictate the team's new identity

You can't hire the head coach before hiring the GM unless they're the same person lol and Sean Payton ain't coming to Arizona
Meh. It can work the other way as long as there's a shared vision for what you want to do.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

You sure about that?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'm glad he commented on Kliff's effort; that he's never seen a coach work so hard...just didn't work out. I have never thought Kliff was a great coach, but he did put in the work and that says a lot about him.
That's why the team never quit on him this year. (**Previously noted exceptions, of course.)

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

I got the impression that was a direct statement to Payton only.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose