9 defensive linemen drafted the last 3 years. How many more this year?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 9 defensive linemen drafted the last 3 years. How many more this year?

Originally posted by kerouac9
I'm just calling the stats as they are, not the way that you'd like them to be. Robinson might come back, like Jerry Rice did, or he might not. I can tell you that, with about equal numbers of times thrown to (about 50), Denny Northcutt caught 78.0% of his passes, Joe Jurevicious caught 72.2% of his.

DB caught more passes than he missed, last season and will next season. Which is more than I can say about McAddley (39.7%) or Robinson (39.6%). It'll be hip to talk bad about him now that he's gone (as been aptly illustrated by Krang's outbursts anytime his name comes up), but he remains a helluva player, and the Cards are far worse without him.

It has nothing to do with how I want them to be. Let's face the truth here. If a WR is basically forgotten and he gets thrown to 2 times a game and drops one, his stats on paper will flat out look horrible.

I believe losing Db hurt but if you compare DB to Robinson you will see a similar statiscal trajectory which was stymied by injury...both of them should be back all the way this year. That is my point. I think you seel Robinson waaaay short looking at a year where he was 4th man when his talent level puts him at #1 or #2...JMHO.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 9 defensive linemen drafted the last 3 years. How many more this year?

No, I totally agree that they're fine as backups (I do play too much Madden, but I'm in the Super Bowl with the Season 2 Cards with a #1 DT and #2 CB [I did re-sign Jake and DB, though]), but they're awful as starters. If all three are on the field one at a time, the overall quality doesn't drop that much (like on the Lakers, when either Kobe or Shaq are on the floor), when all three play together at the same time, as starters, you get a QB who has time to chill champaign and spread out the checked picnic blanket while in the pocket.

On that note....I do agree.

They suck as starters, but are fine backups.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 9 defensive linemen drafted the last 3 years. How many more this year?

I'm just calling the stats as they are, not the way that you'd like them to be. Robinson might come back, like Jerry Rice did, or he might not. I can tell you that, with about equal numbers of times thrown to (about 50), Denny Northcutt caught 78.0% of his passes, Joe Jurevicious caught 72.2% of his.

DB caught more passes than he missed, last season and will next season. Which is more than I can say about McAddley (39.7%) or Robinson (39.6%). It'll be hip to talk bad about him now that he's gone (as been aptly illustrated by Krang's outbursts anytime his name comes up), but he remains a helluva player, and the Cards are far worse without him.

But isn't poorly thrown passes factored in?

Both Boston AND McAddley had to deal with a terrible Qb that threw a lot of wounded ducks. Another thing to remember about McAddley is that he hurt his arm pretty badly, but played through it.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 9 defensive linemen drafted the last 3 years. How many more this year?

Originally posted by SECTION 11
Booyah!

I hate that saying.

Is Section 11 actually Stuart Scott?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

Madden

I like your posts, Jack, but I'm not too sure about using Madden's as a player evaluation tool...

How high was Pennington rated in September 2002?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

Originally posted by AZCB34
Is Section 11 actually Stuart Scott?

I'm the broadcaster to be named later.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't use it to evaluate players or anything, I'm just adding that while I might play too much Madden, I also pay too much attention to the real NFL, and know the difference between the two.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn