8 Big Red Moments We'll Never Forget

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My favorite was the 38-0 route of Team Felon. It wasn't the Dandy Don Meltdown that I remember most vividly. It was the "disappearance" of Howard Cosell (hic!) at halftime. (MEREDITH: "Howard's feeling a bit under the weather and won't be with us for the second half.")

Another fave was when Charlie Johnson completed 16 straight passes - over Dick Lynch & mostly to Sonny Randle - at Yankee Stadium.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My favorite was the 38-0 route of Team Felon. It wasn't the Dandy Don Meltdown that I remember most vividly. It was the "disappearance" of Howard Cosell (hic!) at halftime. (MEREDITH: "Howard's feeling a bit under the weather and won't be with us for the second half.")

Another fave was when Charlie Johnson completed 16 straight passes - over Dick Lynch & mostly to Sonny Randle - at Yankee Stadium.
Amazing that the Cards swept the Cowboys that year outscoring them 58-7 in the process and yet they ended up in the Super Bowl and we missed the playoffs. That's because in what turned out to be a Cardinal trend, the Cards were 8-2-1 with 3 games left and fell apart losing all 3.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The Mel Gray TD is what stands out most to me. I was watching it on TV and was so worried they would change the call to an in-completion.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Mel Gray TD is what stands out most to me. I was watching it on TV and was so worried they would change the call to an in-completion.

I was at that game. Sat right behind the end zone. My uncle thought the fans were going to go nuts if they ruled it an imcompletion so he sent me up to the gangway away from the fans to be safe. I was only 10 at time.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If there was replay, it would have been changed as that was in no way a catch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose