• D. Lee

• Ish

• Shamet

• Warren

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Keep 4/5ths of the starting lineup kinda the same. Adding TJ warren and Ross to second squad allows some fire power.

Paul
Booker
Durant (I can’t believe I get to type that)
Craig
Ayton

Payne
Lee
Ross
Warren
Biz

Also let’s us play more biz as that second squad shouldn’t be scoring deficient.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I went with Okogie. Losing Bridges means that the opposing teams' best players have to be guarded by someone else. While KD is a capable defender, I don't think you want to have your best player chasing the other teams' best players around. I don't think the Suns want Booker or Paul doing it either. I think there is enough scoring in the starting lineup, and Okogie is by far the best defender on the team now, so Okogie it is.

Second option is to go with Craig and see how it goes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's Craig's job to lose unless Monty decides to go with matchups at this position.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I went with Okogie. Losing Bridges means that the opposing teams' best players have to be guarded by someone else. While KD is a capable defender, I don't think you want to have your best player chasing the other teams' best players around. I don't think the Suns want Booker or Paul doing it either. I think there is enough scoring in the starting lineup, and Okogie is by far the best defender on the team now, so Okogie it is.

Second option is to go with Craig and see how it goes.
I think okogie is such an inconsistent scorer and poor decisionmaker offensively that he likely gums up what should be the most explosive starting 5 in the league.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We could literally start Emmanuel Lewis at the 5th starter spot, that dude is just gonna be standing around watching the show anyway.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think okogie is such an inconsistent scorer and poor decisionmaker offensively that he likely gums up what should be the most explosive starting 5 in the league.
Yup. Play to your strengths. Don’t create weakness in the area that should overwhelm other teams.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Agree with many. As long as Craig continues to have good form from behind the arc, you like his length, o-rebounding, and defensive ability. Okogie is his backup and with Payne, DLee, Shamet, Biz, and Ross we have a solid 2nd unit.

Plus...... I am guessing that Book and KD will be with those 2nd units in a staggered fashion to make them even more potent.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said Landale. Gives us some options down low and help Ayton while the perimeter is owned by KD, CP3, and Book.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
I think it's Craig's job to lose unless Monty decides to go with matchups at this position.
Craig or Okogie. With Craig the inside track became of his time and experience with the Suns. Still I'd be looking for an upgrade down the road for that 5th starting spot.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
We could literally start Emmanuel Lewis at the 5th starter spot, that dude is just gonna be standing around watching the show anyway.
Muggz that 5th starter better not be standing around as we need that championship. That's serious business.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Craig has been the perfect cleanup guy for us all year. His effort and knack for finding the ball for extra possessions has been complementary all season as a starter. He’s also versatile on D and shoots from 3 decently.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Craig has been doing perfectly fine
Uh, he‘s been ok, but as soon as Durant shows up they are going to be leaving him open constantly, and he seems afraid to do anything on offense lately

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uh, he‘s been ok, but as soon as Durant shows up they are going to be leaving him open constantly, and he seems afraid to do anything on offense lately

I think he’s been good as slashing and moving without the ball and that should be his role he shouldn’t just be standing there at the 3 point line

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I went with okogie, but honestly I am hoping it turns out to be Bazely

I’m really looking forward to seeing this kid. Hopefully they’ll be patient with him and actually develop him. Knowing Monty he’s gonna be buried on the bench

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is interesting. I voted Craig because that is the position he has been in and his game fits. However, I would be delighted if Okogie steps up and fill that role. His defensive prowess is a perfect fit with that group of starters.

Warren seems like a possibility, but his instant offense is a better fit coming off the bench in my opinion.

The idea of Bazley being the guy is intriguing, but he is probably several years away from stepping up into that role. His perimeter D would be interesting there though. Monty will have an opportunity to run a lot of different 5 man sets and see what works.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This feels like some of you guys aren’t trying to find the best piece to round out the starting five, but the biggest monkey wrench to throw at it instead.