50K season ticket holders right now per MJ

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
CardLogic said:
Scott Player's jersey? :confused:

:p

Can't you just see the equipment manager saying something like, "When you make your first pro-bowl, then we'll talk about you getting number 10." There for a while, I think Scott was the only pro-bowler on the roster.

Actually, I'll bet Player could bank an nice chunk of change over it. Who was the guy we brought in from DC that went to court to get the second $20k of the $40,000 he sold his jersey number to a new player?

Go Cards!!!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Capital Card said:
Actually, I'll bet Player could bank an nice chunk of change over it. Who was the guy we brought in from DC that went to court to get the second $20k of the $40,000 he sold his jersey number to a new player?

Ifeanyi Ohalete.

seesred

Reaction score
I would say if the sports casters in this town, print, TV and radio love our draft and we can get high grades....Ticket sales will be ringing. I would appreciate anyone going for tickets to give us all as much info as possable.

GBR

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Before we jump to conclusions -

Did you get this from MJ's comment on FSN-AZ? If so, I didn't hear him say we definitely had signed up 50K season holders - he kind of "cutesied" around the statement (i.e. "the team isn't giving us any hard information but all indications are the team may have sold or is likely to sell 50K season tickets...").

The world of PR revolves around positive spin, and it would be in the Cardinals' best interests to issue sly hints that season ticket sales are doing better than expected.

But if they have a hard number (and it's 50K), why not just come out and say it? (We'd be well advised to wait for a tangible statement from the team).

Nevertheless, things sure do look upbeat. That's the important thing. And MJ did predict that we'd sell out a half-dozen games.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
Before we jump to conclusions -

Did you get this from MJ's comment on FSN-AZ? If so, I didn't hear him say we definitely had signed up 50K season holders - he kind of "cutesied" around the statement (i.e. "the team isn't giving us any hard information but all indications are the team may have sold or is likely to sell 50K season tickets...").

The world of PR revolves around positive spin, and it would be in the Cardinals' best interests to issue sly hints that season ticket sales are doing better than expected.

But if they have a hard number (and it's 50K), why not just come out and say it? (We'd be well advised to wait for a tangible statement from the team).

Nevertheless, things sure do look upbeat. That's the important thing. And MJ did predict that we'd sell out a half-dozen games.

MJ said his source was someone with the team that was reliable. The 50k season tickets was this person's projection based on what has been sold plus what is expected from the remaining people who have put down deposits.

Not to be a wet blanket -- but I think expectations on sell outs are running ahead of reality. As I posted earlier in this thread, the 50k season tickets sold includes club seats, while the 56k figure for a sell out to lift the tv blackout doesnt include any club seats. The reality is that there are around 44k non-club seats sold to season ticket holders -- which means that 12k seats need to be sold for the blackout to be lifted. 12k seats is still about 20% of the building's capacity, and would be a heck of a walk up crowd.

I do think the Cowboys, Broncos and Bears game will sell out. The 49er game (home opener) is a real possibility.

Regardless of if a game sells out or not, I will enjoy (I hope, I hope) having a lower bowl of virtually all Cardinal fans, with opposing teams fans banished to the upper deck corners.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
The Cardinals have been selling tickets since the end of January. When our group was trying to decide if we should wait till the last appointment date, so we could continue to sit together, we asked the representative how many appointments they were handling per day. He said 300, so we figured if we waited 5 days to select, only around 1,500 people would get in front of us.

So let's say 90 days of ticket sales, at 300 per day, 2 tickets per appointment. That's 54,000 tickets, and they're STILL doing appointments.

Every game will be sold out in advance.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
En Fuego is Debbie Downer. Sorry guy, every game will be sold out in advance. You are wrong. Do the math.

You must be registered for see images

football karma

Reaction score
Lex said:
The Cardinals have been selling tickets since the end of January. When our group was trying to decide if we should wait till the last appointment date, so we could continue to sit together, we asked the representative how many appointments they were handling per day. He said 300, so we figured if we waited 5 days to select, only around 1,500 people would get in front of us.

So let's say 90 days of ticket sales, at 300 per day, 2 tickets per appointment. That's 54,000 tickets, and they're STILL doing appointments.

Every game will be sold out in advance.

Lex-- the only issue I have with your math is that the Cardinal source has taken this in to account in his projection. The 50k isnt what is sold today. It is what is projected to be sold when they get through all the deposits.

As people continue to go in for appointments, I am interested in hearing what sections are sold out and of the sections still having seats, what is a rough estimate of availabilty (i.e. 30% full, 70% full, etc)

football karma

Reaction score
azsouthendzone said:
En Fuego is Debbie Downer. Sorry guy, every game will be sold out in advance. You are wrong. Do the math.

LOL --

I have heard of being labeled a pessimist for calling the glass half empty, but this is the first time Ive been labeled a downer for calling a 85% full stadium "not sold out".

Reaction score
Regarding sellout criteria - see Bold type section:

Construction crews work to complete landscaping outside Cardinals Stadium in Glendale.
Brad Armstrong Tribune

Nest takes shape
By Darren Urban, TribuneApril 19, 2006

Dust settles on the new Cardinal stadium's seats. The stadium is scheduled to open Aug. 1.The countdown clock hangs on a conference room wall inside one of the construction trailers next to Cardinals Stadium in Glendale, constantly chewing up the seconds before the NFL’s newest building is finished.Zeros will come up on Aug. 1, the scheduled completion date. The Cardinals will play there 11 days later in a preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. For a franchise often battered for its poor choices and poor results, its new nest looks like it was everything it was hyped to be.

“There is a buzz in the Valley — people are excited about this,” vice president Michael Bidwill said following a Tuesday tour of the facility. “And people are talking about the team, too.”

Arguments can be made about whether the Cards will be a playoff-caliber team this season. But they will be housed in a building worthy of a winner, a stadium ranked by BusinessWeek magazine as one of the top 10 most impressive architecturally in the world.

About $450 million will have been spent on the stadium and the surrounding landscaping, parking and infrastructure, with the Cardinals contributing $150 million of that, Bidwill said. Most of the seats are in place, save for a small area in the southwest corner. Dust covers the other 60,000 seats, colored either red or grey, each featuring a Cardinals logo. The giant 100-foot by 50-foot video board looms behind the south end zone. Speakers are hooked up around the stadium for the “distributed” sound system that will improve the aural experience.

The tray that will eventually hold the grass field and be rolled into the stadium for games is being built outside the south end zone, where it will rest 340 days a year while the grass takes in the sun. The 17-million-pound contraption will be moved back and forth by 13 rails.

Imagination is needed for some of the other unique parts of the stadium. There will be significant square footage available behind the south end zone, and in a nod to the Cards’ hope to make the building a tailgating destination, room will be made in the area for fans to party before the game during hot weather.

“I got goose bumps just walking through there,” said Cardinals running back Marcel Shipp, who took his first tour of the stadium Tuesday. Bidwill wouldn’t get into the state of season ticket sales, deflecting questions about whether the team had already sold more than 50,000 — which would be a huge jump from where it was last season.

New running back Edgerrin James said when he signed in early March that the team told him the season-ticket base was already above 40,000. There has been a steady stream of season-ticket buyers to the team’s Tempe complex since then.

Capacity for Cardinals games will be 63,400 seats, which includes 7,500 club level seats and approximately 1,500 seats in the lofts (the Cardinals’ name for their suites). NFL blackout rules don't count premium seats, meaning only 54,400 seats per game must be sold to have home games televised locally.

That should be a sure thing for games against Denver, Dallas, the home opener against San Francisco and the Monday night game against Chicago. It also means it will be much harder to get tickets to Cardinals games this season.

But as the clock winds down on construction, finding a way to see the new stadium should be worth the effort.

“We wanted to see something,” Bidwill said, “that would really break the mold.”

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd LOVE to see sell outs. I have a hard time believing sales are going as well as stated, just due to what I've seen year after year after year at SDS. Way too many empty seats, it's almost a select a seat day for every game.
The only way we can know for sure is people still getting seats and seeing the crossed out areas. Then again, how many seats are being reserved by the team for players, single game tix, etc.

Tailgating in September at the new stadium- Priceless

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No seats are reserved for single game tickets

We are seeing reports from folks on full sections

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the opener will be sold out--as well as the Cowboys and Bears' games. But, if the team isn't playing well then sell-outs will be few and far between.

If the team plays like a playoff contender, attendance problems will be a thing of the past.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardShark said:
I got the 55' Mitsubishi 1080p model and it's great! You don't lose the picture at an angle like other projection sets. I got the upgraded model with all of the extras for $3000. I can have up to 4 pictures on at the same time. The only drawback is that no one broadcasts that high of quality of a signal yet. If they did, the resolution would be better than plasma.

Plerase forgive me again for being offtopic,

Um, What model number do you have? Only this year's models have the ability to display in 1080p. All of the 55" TV's by Mitsubishi only display in 1080i. The 52" or the 62" are this year's models.

I have done a lot of research in the past 2 weeks about these Mitsu TV's, an I want to make sure that you are getting the product that was promised by your salesman.

The WD-62628 is the model that I am considering, btw.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I think there will be more sellout that I originally anticipated. I also think the pre-season game against Pittsburgh (first game in the stadium) will be a sellout because people want to see the new stadium and the Steelers bandwagon will show up.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i hope not, i plan on speding my preseason games wandering the stadium planning my attack so i can get **** done without missing the real games!!!

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this season will be completely sold out before any games are played. If the team tanks then there will be plenty of no shows later in the season.

outoftheashes

Registered
Reaction score
Just selected my tickets

Section 136, row 29 seats 16 and 17

There were only 5 section in the lower bowl that werent completely sold out and they were about 75% sold. One of those sections is the family section. Pleanty of $25 seats available on upper deck.Everyone knows the $10 seats are all gone but the rest of the upper deck is about half sold.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
dreamcastrocks said:
Plerase forgive me again for being offtopic,

Um, What model number do you have? Only this year's models have the ability to display in 1080p. All of the 55" TV's by Mitsubishi only display in 1080i. The 52" or the 62" are this year's models.

I have done a lot of research in the past 2 weeks about these Mitsu TV's, an I want to make sure that you are getting the product that was promised by your salesman.

The WD-62628 is the model that I am considering, btw.

Sorry. It's the 52". WD-52628 1080p Medallion series. The 62" is too big for the room I put it in.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Capital Card said:
Can't you just see the equipment manager saying something like, "When you make your first pro-bowl, then we'll talk about you getting number 10." There for a while, I think Scott was the only pro-bowler on the roster.

Go Cards!!!
I remember reading an article about this..

Eli Manning had to buy his number from Jeff Feagles when he was drafted by the Giants. Feagles didn't want any money - just that Eli did something nice for his family. It ended up costing Eli a two week 1st class holiday for the entire Feagles family.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
en fuego said:
12k seats is still about 20% of the building's capacity, and would be a heck of a walk up crowd.

Have you been to any of the Cards games in the last few years? 12k opposing fans is nothing for the Rams, Seahawks (god the whole East side was blue last year), Bears, Steelers, Cowboys, and Broncos.

And, I assume those aren't the same fans changing jerseys every week.