2024 Texans pick watch thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with all of this. If we drafted Anderson last year we would have ended up with two blue chip players (Anderson and whomever we draft this year, assuming we don’t trade down). I think monti’s hope was that we would end up with two in this draft plus other assets, but the Texans didn’t cooperate. So instead we likely end up with one blue chip player (again if we don’t trade down) and a bunch of other assets. I think the error was in passing on blue chippers when your team has almost none of those and they are difficult to come by.
Especially blue chippers at the biggest impact positions in the league.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Especially blue chippers at the biggest impact positions in the league.
We could still get a really good OL with that pick, but yeah, it looked better at the beginning of the season when it looked like we had number one and two picks in the draft coming back! That would have been the biggest jackpot in NFL history!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Will Anderson can still be the better choice if he's merely a five-time Pro Bowl player and not a perennial defensive player of the year candidate. A lot of folks try to knock down Will Anderson because he's "just" a blue-chip two-way player because he didn't get 13 sacks -- just 7 sacks, 10 TFLs, 22 QB hits, and 32 pressures.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Will Anderson can still be the better choice if he's merely a five-time Pro Bowl player and not a perennial defensive player of the year candidate. A lot of folks try to knock down Will Anderson because he's "just" a blue-chip two-way player because he didn't get 13 sacks -- just 7 sacks, 10 TFLs, 22 QB hits, and 32 pressures.
Agreed. Not a knock on Paris Johnson.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards got a potential cornerstone offensive tackle and another first round pick. How anyone can criticize that is way beyond me.

Shortly after picking Paris Johnson it was widely reported that they would have taken him at #3, meaning that Ossenfort basically got the team a free first rounder this year.
This! MO went into last years draft looking to protect his biggest asset.
Through all the yackity yak this year about questioning Kyler, would we move off of him , trading him blah blah, it appears MO was pretty sure about Kyler.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
So what was it during the draft when the same people didn't want to trade back and pass on Wil Anderson?
Right?? As I remember it most of us wanted Anderson... But we accepted the trade with the philosophy of protecting the QB.

Seems this year we want Harrison. But accept we may pick an LT to replace Hump

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’d think most teams would have made that same exact trade knowing the circumstances at the time. But I guess it’s fun to fight about it now.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
DeMeco Ryans thinks he is worth having on the roster and playing him behind Anderson Jr in a playoff game. Good enough to question letting him go with no snaps, no explanation. If he was 32, I wouldn't even mention him.
Sounds like another Murphy, Allen debate. :rolleyes:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’d think most teams would have made that same exact trade knowing the circumstances at the time. But I guess it’s fun to fight about it now.
Possibly. But we will never know that. We do kinda know what posters would’ve done because that’s actually documented here.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
The earliest the Houston pick can be now is 26, potentially falling to 27 with a win by tampa

There is no coin flip with gb as Houston had a better record (texans won 10, gb won 9)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The earliest the Houston pick can be now is 26, potentially falling to 27 with a win by tampa

There is no coin flip with gb as Houston had a better record (texans won 10, gb won 9)
Jesus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard