2024 Texans pick watch thread

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
So for the last game tonight: Tankathon has the Bills with the same SOS as the Texans. So do we have to hope for a Bills W tonight or would they pick after the Texans even with a loss?
One other thing I'm not sure on is if the SOS that's showing for the Bills right now includes this game or not. If the SOS doesn't get updated until the game ends like the record does then that'll increase the Bills SOS since Miami has a winning record.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Bills winning would be best. That would give them the same conference records for that tie breaker. I'm a little fuzzy on one of the aspects of the head to head tie breaker which is next but I think the Texans still win it. I'm not 100% on that though. A Buffalo win is needed though to even get it in play.
Wouldn't that be all irrelevant as the Bills would have the better record if they win tonight?

And as far as I understood the draft order, should we not hope for GB and Tampa Bay wins (in case that the Texans lose against the Browns) as they are the only teams with worse records?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Bills winning would be best. That would give them the same conference records for that tie breaker. I'm a little fuzzy on one of the aspects of the head to head tie breaker which is next but I think the Texans still win it. I'm not 100% on that though. A Buffalo win is needed though to even get it in play.

What we need is for Houston to lose first round with Bills, Miami, and Dallas all wining. That will lock in pick 21. The pick drops a slot for each of those teams that lose in the first round and if Houston wins it'll be in the 25-28 range depending on how the 2nd round goes.
Irrelevant.

Bills will have a better record with a win, and their SOS will be stronger than Texans with a loss.

Last edited:

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be all irrelevant as the Bills would have the better record if they win tonight?

And as far as I understood the draft order, should we not hope for GB and Tampa Bay wins (in case that the Texans lose against the Browns) as they are the only teams with worse records?
You're right on that. I brain fart with what I wrote. That's was all for if the bills lose. And even that doesn't matter if my followup post about when SOS gets updated is right. I think that's their SOS before this game so it should be going up due to Miami's record.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Temporarily. At this point its all about how the teams do in the playoffs. After a loss, its reverted back to team with worse record gets a higher draft pick.

The titans winning actually affects our top pick more as it means worst we can do is the 6th pick
Hurts our 3rd round pick though.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I expect Bryon Murphy to be drafted much higher.

You must be registered for see images attach

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Basically this

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who did you want to draft at #3?

People forget that we still got 2 first round picks for 1.

We won't know the true value until we see who we get - how they do.
We are drafting 4th.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
In handsight a bad deal, but I give Monti a pass on that one, absolutely no one saw that comming before the season.
I hope it shuts up all the yahoos on this board crying out for "a haul" of future picks instead of drafting blue-chip players. Seriously, do I need a new jersey with "A Haul" on the back? I already have "Cap Space," so should the second jersey be "A Haul" or "Draft Picks?" Which resonates more?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard