2024 NBA Draft talk: Suns own pick 22

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Jones just helping a friend with leverage.

You must be registered for see images attach
Yeah, I was reading through this thread waiting for someone else to finally make the connection. Congratulations!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I very much doubt that adding Lebron equals a title. There is only one ball to go around. Plus he is 40 years old.
I actually don't think Lebron cares about scoring, I think he would actually be fine just being a distributor and making the occasional drive to the rim.

I actually think he is sick of being forced to pick up the slack from AD who doesn't seem to have the will to be a number one option.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I was reading through this thread waiting for someone else to finally make the connection. Congratulations!
Ok, that makes ZERO sense.

If Bronny is only working out for 2 teams of 10 that offered him a workout that is the opposite of trying to increase his value. That means there is no market that James Jones would be used for to increase his value - it's either he is taken by the Lakers as blackmail or taken by the Suns as blackmail - That's it.

I am constantly amazed how few people seem to be able to think logically.

The Lakers and the Suns the 2 teams his father might play for are the only 2 teams he chooses to workout for? That is a blinding blinking light. Phoenix is only a possibility because it's A. A better roster than the Lakers, B. Has KD, C. Is less than an hour away by plane to LA.

The only question is whether Phoenix is a real possibility or just being used as leverage against the Lakers - but I am sure Ishbia and Jones would not be going along with it if they believed they were just being used.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

If Bronny is only working out for 2 teams of 10 that offered him a workout that is the opposite of trying to increase his value. That means there is no market that James Jones would be used for to increase his value - it's either he is taken by the Lakers as blackmail or taken by the Suns as blackmail - That's it.

The Lakers and the Suns the 2 teams his father might play for are the only 2 teams he chooses to workout for? That is a blinding blinking light. Phoenix is only a possibility because it's A. A better roster than the Lakers, B. Has KD, C. Is less than an hour away by plane to LA.

The only question is whether Phoenix is a real possibility or just being used as leverage against the Lakers - but I am sure Ishbia and Jones would not be going along with it if they believed they were just being used.
The one weird thing about this situation is that if LeBron is trying to force either the Lakers or Suns to draft Bronny with a first round pick… forgive me if I’m wrong but… the Lakers don’t even have a first round pick, do they?

Is the idea that the Lakers will be forced to trade for a first round pick somehow and make sure that pick is higher than the Suns? Because if they don’t have a first rounder, and we pass on trying to get him, then couldn’t either team grab with him with their… eh… this is all kinda stupid and I ain’t wasting any more brain space on something so unlikely to happen.

Raindog

Reaction score

Ishbia wouldn't. James Jones certainly would... and all he (and Lebron) have to do is convince Ishibia that Lebron is legitimately considering coming here if we draft Bronny. Meanwhile, the Lakers have to consider the possibility of Lebron leaving if they don't grant his wish and draft his son.

The play here isn't that they are trying to drive up the market for Bronny, they're trying to leverage the Lakers... and James Jones is happy to play along since he really has no intention to use the draft choice in any other case anyway.

And if the Lakers don't play along with Lebron's wishes, well maybe he does jump ship for the Suns... and that works to James Jones benefit just as well, since he'll get credit for it.

Apparently the point we were making went over your head.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The one weird thing about this situation is that if LeBron is trying to force either the Lakers or Suns to draft Bronny with a first round pick… forgive me if I’m wrong but… the Lakers don’t even have a first round pick, do they?
They have the #17 right now, but the Pels can take it if they want or wait until 2025 for it to convey.

Raindog

Reaction score

Is the idea that the Lakers will be forced to trade for a first round pick somehow and make sure that pick is higher than the Suns? Because if they don’t have a first rounder, and we pass on trying to get him, then couldn’t either team grab with him with their… eh… this is all kinda stupid and I ain’t wasting any more brain space on something so unlikely to happen.
They owe their first rounder to NO, but NO can defer that to next year, which they are supposedly considering. The Lakers also have their second rounder. Lebron just wants the Lakers (and/or Suns, possibly, too) to draft his kid wherever.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
The Lakers may want our pick pretty bad. Anyone on their roster match Little's salary?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
They owe their first rounder to NO, but NO can defer that to next year, which they are supposedly considering. The Lakers also have their second rounder. Lebron just wants the Lakers (and/or Suns, possibly, too) to draft his kid wherever.
Ah.

This is interesting but probably, ultimately, silly to talk about.

But I guess there’s not much else going on, so let the rumors continue!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not if you know those are the terms going into the deal - and I am sure those terms are acceptable.
That wasn't the point. The point being it will likely cause turmoil and games to go in the wrong direction if you are forced to play him.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This will get the people talking...

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Only Flex fans. Anybody with half a brain sees right through this dude and remembers all the crap he has posted that wasn't true or he simply got wrong. Besides, the idea of the Suns drafting Brony and Lebron coming here didn't come from flex first. That has been said over and over and over before he mentioned it. You can count on him trying to take credit though. That is a given.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Knowing LAL want to get Bronny, any team might do it somewhere in the 2nd and try to blackmail Lakers for a favorable deal. JJ as close friend would do a reasonable deal with them. Maybe Beal for Rui, Russell and Vincent and future 1st rounders; or just for their 17th pick?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

just because I'm bored... what is this nonsense supposed to imply from Flex?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with @Proximo on this one, no way the Suns do it unless they have an agreement from LeBron which means Flex is wrong (he has it backwards). Gambo said the Suns are not drafting Bronny to land LeBron. However, he said nothing about landing LeBron then agreeing to draft Bronny so maybe that is a legit possibility.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I agree with @Proximo on this one, no way the Suns do it unless they have an agreement from LeBron which means Flex is wrong (he has it backwards). Gambo said the Suns are not drafting Bronny to land LeBron. However, he said nothing about landing LeBron then agreeing to draft Bronny so maybe that is a legit possibility.
They can’t land LeBron until after the draft so how does that work?

Or you saying we somehow trade for him? Only guy who fits LeBron’s contract would be Beal but would he waive his no trade clause to go to LA… and wouldn’t LA demand more to take on that poison pill… like draft picks… one of which we’d need to keep in order to pick Bronny?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ishbia wouldn't. James Jones certainly would... and all he (and Lebron) have to do is convince Ishibia that Lebron is legitimately considering coming here if we draft Bronny. Meanwhile, the Lakers have to consider the possibility of Lebron leaving if they don't grant his wish and draft his son.

The play here isn't that they are trying to drive up the market for Bronny, they're trying to leverage the Lakers... and James Jones is happy to play along since he really has no intention to use the draft choice in any other case anyway.

And if the Lakers don't play along with Lebron's wishes, well maybe he does jump ship for the Suns... and that works to James Jones benefit just as well, since he'll get credit for it.

Apparently the point we were making went over your head.
Oh come on. If James jones wants to get fired, he could put lebron above the team.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
This isn’t about drafting Bronny to entice Lebron. Lebron will decide where he wants to play first (LA or PHX), and Bronny will come along for the ride.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn’t about drafting Bronny to entice Lebron. Lebron will decide where he wants to play first (LA or PHX), and Bronny will come along for the ride.
I think he's already decided he wants to play in LA (as long as they draft his kid).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can’t land LeBron until after the draft so how does that work?

Or you saying we somehow trade for him? Only guy who fits LeBron’s contract would be Beal but would he waive his no trade clause to go to LA… and wouldn’t LA demand more to take on that poison pill… like draft picks… one of which we’d need to keep in order to pick Bronny?
I think Proximo was suggesting the Suns would have already had contact with the Suns.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It's weird because are the Suns sound like they are not changing their value on the draft yet they have told Gambo they will not draft Brony just to get Lebron. Wouldn't that indicate they value the pick? I guess at the very least it sounds like they put more stock in the TRADE VALUE of the pick then wasting it on Brony. It's all mixed signals. This front office is a mess.
That could be our leverage on a trade with the Lakers. Not sure what we would want, but a three team trade could work. We would use our 22cnd pick for someone(s) we value, and make the pick for Bronny for the Lakers. Or the opposite is true and Lebron figures these are the two teams that Lebron wants to play for. I saw this rumor on Brendon Kleen's podcast way before Flex. So I give him credit on the conjecture.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think Proximo was suggesting the Suns would have already had contact with the Suns.
Bobby Marks was saying on the PHX podcast it would behoove any team interested in Bronny to make the call to Rich Paul to see if Lebron is in play. He was basically saying the Suns SHOULD do their homework. I think, and this is just me reading between the tea leaves, that Bobby Marks is hearing Lebron may be in play, otherwise he just shoots down the rumor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd