2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Not sure this is true...

Am I more likely to tear my ACL again?

The simple answer is yes, if you have torn your ACL once you are at an increased chance of tearing your ACL again. This is true for both knees. Meaning, if you tear your ACL in your right knee, you are more likely to tear either your left or right ACL when compared to someone without any ACL tears. Although this is true, someone who had an ACL tear of their right knee, is more likely to rupture their right ACL than compared to their left ACL . Meaning, whatever side you tore your ACL on is the side more likely to experience another tear.[3] [7]
Thus it’s a myth that a repaired ACL offers better protection? Am I missing something?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Thus it’s a myth that a repaired ACL offers better protection? Am I missing something?
I thought you were insinuating that an ACL was less likely to tear after being torn before...I think now that we're in agreement that once an ACL has been torn, it's more likely to tear again.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Monti goes nuts!

Monti trades down with the Giants when Drake Maye falls and they have a chance to move up without giving up too much (#6 and #47). Monti pulls the trigger on this deal because he has the three receivers closely grouped.

At #6 Monti takes Malik Nabers. Why Nabers over Odunze? Speed. Malik Nabers has elite speed and he becomes the focal point of the offense and a moving chess piece across the formation. He'll mainly play in the slot, but will also line up at Z as well.

Monti sees his top rated defender slip a few spots so he gives Denver a call. They couldn't offer a package big enough for the Cardinals to give up on one of the receivers, but Denver did indicate that if they missed out on one of the QBs, they'd be interested in moving down.

Monti offers #27 and #47 and Denver budges because they're in a rebuild and adding another player is appealing.

The Cardinals add Dallas Turner at #12. Turner is ultra-athletic, but one thing that many aren't understanding is that Turner's sack numbers would have been significantly higher. Turner was outstanding in coverage and fits with a lot of what Gannon asks of his OLB.

Another player the Cardinals wanted starts to drop and again Monti starts to call teams and he irons out a trade with the Dolphins to move up and draft Byron Murphy II. Murphy might be a bit undersized but he is extremely strong and quick. Even with Sweat playing on the same line, Murphy often lined up at the NT position which is a testament to his strength.

The Cardinals did not get Marvin Harrison Jr., but they walked away from the first round with three potential building blocks.

While the Cardinals sacrificed their two second round picks, the Cardinals are happy with the front line talent they added. To recuperate the lost picks the Cardinals trade down twice to add more players.

The next player they add is Max Melton who has a ton of experience and a lot of PBUs on his resume. Melton has everything you look for in a corner and could develop into a really good NFL CB.

Another guy I'm extremely excited about is Issac Guerendo who has really low mileage but is extremely explosive and has good size.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Monti goes nuts!

Monti trades down with the Giants when Drake Maye falls and they have a chance to move up without giving up too much (#6 and #47). Monti pulls the trigger on this deal because he has the three receivers closely grouped.

At #6 Monti takes Malik Nabers. Why Nabers over Odunze? Speed. Malik Nabers has elite speed and he becomes the focal point of the offense and a moving chess piece across the formation. He'll mainly play in the slot, but will also line up at Z as well.

Monti sees his top rated defender slip a few spots so he gives Denver a call. They couldn't offer a package big enough for the Cardinals to give up on one of the receivers, but Denver did indicate that if they missed out on one of the QBs, they'd be interested in moving down.

Monti offers #27 and #47 and Denver budges because they're in a rebuild and adding another player is appealing.

The Cardinals add Dallas Turner at #12. Turner is ultra-athletic, but one thing that many aren't understanding is that Turner's sack numbers would have been significantly higher. Turner was outstanding in coverage and fits with a lot of what Gannon asks of his OLB.

Another player the Cardinals wanted starts to drop and again Monti starts to call teams and he irons out a trade with the Dolphins to move up and draft Byron Murphy II. Murphy might be a bit undersized but he is extremely strong and quick. Even with Sweat playing on the same line, Murphy often lined up at the NT position which is a testament to his strength.

The Cardinals did not get Marvin Harrison Jr., but they walked away from the first round with three potential building blocks.

While the Cardinals sacrificed their two second round picks, the Cardinals are happy with the front line talent they added. To recuperate the lost picks the Cardinals trade down twice to add more players.

The next player they add is Max Melton who has a ton of experience and a lot of PBUs on his resume. Melton has everything you look for in a corner and could develop into a really good NFL CB.

Another guy I'm extremely excited about is Issac Guerendo who has really low mileage but is extremely explosive and has good size.
That's almost decent . But I would happily trade your last six choices for a second round WR.
We are in desperate need of size on the perimeter

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That's almost decent . But I would happily trade your last six choices for a second round WR.
We are in desperate need of size on the perimeter
The thing is, the draft is really about maximizing your opportunities.

The Rams had 14 choices and got 4 good starters, one of them arguably great.

The Cardinals have enough needs that using a 2nd rounder is probably taking the 8th best receiver while there are 3rd best players at other positions of need.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The thing is, the draft is really about maximizing your opportunities.

The Rams had 14 choices and got 4 good starters, one of them arguably great.

The Cardinals have enough needs that using a 2nd rounder is probably taking the 8th best receiver while there are 3rd best players at other positions of need.
3rd best or 8th best dont mean poo...especially when its quite possible the 8th best wr in this draft would have been 2nd last year or 1st next year.
its about evaluating talent. Not on how they rank against the draft class but against how they rate overall.

example. Amarius Mims... most have him around OT5 or 6 in this draft... but its likely had he stayed in college another year he would be OT1 next year...2 at worst...because the talent is there.

with this draft being so rich in OT and WR its very likely the second round gets you a guy who would be a first rounder in most drafts.

you dont waste your chance at obvious talent to get more shots at developmental talent

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
3rd best or 8th best dont mean poo...especially when its quite possible the 8th best wr in this draft would have been 2nd last year or 1st next year.
Eh disagree heavily. Last year's WR was actually really good.
its about evaluating talent. Not on how they rank against the draft class but against how they rate overall.
I'd rather have any of the top edge or DTs than Franklin.
example. Amarius Mims... most have him around OT5 or 6 in this draft... but its likely had he stayed in college another year he would be OT1 next year...2 at worst...because the talent is there.
Maybe. Mims has like 8 starts.
with this draft being so rich in OT and WR its very likely the second round gets you a guy who would be a first rounder in most drafts.
I think it mostly means 2nd round guys don't creep into the first round like what happened last year
you dont waste your chance at obvious talent to get more shots at developmental talent
Hence why I traded up for a 3rd first rounder.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Monti goes nuts!

I don’t see any of those three trades as being realistic.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who cares. It's great fun reading about all things that will probably never happen. Congrats, Krang for demonstrating your FB knowledge, and I appreciate your work.

P.S. I think that the trade with the Giants is very realistic and might happen.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Trading down in the later first round generally nets much lower picks than you would expect. I agree definitely on the second trade with Denver that it was less that I thought it would be, so I pounced on it.

With basically seven top 100 picks, the Cardinals have more draft ammo than I have ever seen. If they want, they can move up to get a player they covet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson