Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

#5 Giants
#10 Jets
#11 Minn
#12 Den
#13 LV

all need a QB. IF NE goes QB, then each of those teams should have interest in getting to #4 to take one

Giants have the capital
Jets dont have a 2nd
Minn has the capital
Den doesnt have a 2nd
LV has all their picks

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we dropped down with Minnesota at 11 I’d take Brian Thomas. I think he’s better than he’s getting credit for. I’d also rather have next years 1st than 23 this year.

I only do this if I bring in another receiver though. Someone that can be a real #2.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s not over think this. If MHJ is there take him and don’t look back.
I could see us using a third and our #27 to move up to get a targeted player.
I think Monti would love Dallas Turner but I’m not sure how much it would take to get him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Apparently the Cardinals will be meeting with Taylor Upshaw. They showed interest in him at the Arizona pro day as well.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
#5 Giants
#10 Jets
#11 Minn
#12 Den
#13 LV

all need a QB. IF NE goes QB, then each of those teams should have interest in getting to #4 to take one

Giants have the capital
Jets dont have a 2nd
Minn has the capital
Den doesnt have a 2nd
LV has all their picks
If this is the case, we might be able to fleece Giants for them to secure the pick.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The way things are shaping up, I think this is the only trade I would take at #4. 0 Risk, acquire more picks, walk away with MHJ or Odunze. Sell the trade-back narrative to force NYGs hand.
I think the narrative sells itself. If it's out there now that 4 in top 6 is possible, Monti no doubt by draft time would have had conversations at some level. Monti just needs to confirm it.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah at this point, considering we have no credible 1 or 2 at WR, I think you have to stay at 4 and take Marv, who appears to be the closest thing to a sure thing at the position. If we had another credible #2 I'd be more inclined to take a chance on Odzune.

Short of the Vikings offering us Jefferson, I'm staying put and taking Marv.
Great idea, just hope that NE doesn't take him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Personally, I just don't feel pick 23 comes with a ton of value to make this move.

Tough spot for Monti.

In many ways trading back and adding 23 and say a 2025 3rd makes sense. We could come of the the draft with say Dallas Turner, Brian Thomas and Johnny Newton.

But MHJ is MHJ and fans are very locked on. Doing the "smart" thing might not be the wise thing.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If you take the emotion of getting MHJ out of your mind, trading down and getting multiple picks gives us more flexibility to move around the draft and target guys we do want. There's a lot of WR talent in this draft. Of course with 11 picks, you could let the draft come to you and just take BAA, because almost any position fills a hole for us.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think any trade involving pick #4 will come soon if comes at all. Trading sooner rather than the day of the draft, allows the Cardinals to tell teams that “we really want Harrison Jr., so you better bring the Brinks truck of trade assets”. Waiting until the draft runs the risk of Harrison Jr. being taken before pick #4, and then the Cardinals look desperate to move off that pick. We literally hold all of the “Cards”. Sit still and have a 90% or better chance Harrison Jr. is there and just take him, or completely fleece a team like the Vikings (pick #11, #23, Jordan Addison, and a high pick next year). If the Vikings balk at that, call the Giants. Play those two against each other. Tell the Giants you want #6 and Dexter Lawrence.