2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The more I watch from Chop the more I like. With his performance at the combine I’ll be interested to see if he even lasts to 27. In the highlight videos #51(Hakeem Beamon DT 6’3” 290 lb) was around the ball quite a bit as well. Wouldn’t mind him as an UDFA or late round flier.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weird trade. I don't recall a team trading out of the first so another team could have 2 firsts.

I wonder if Vikings are looking to package them to move up for a QB?

Chargers trade likely but would you miss out on MHJ to have 11, 23 and 27 in round 1?

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Weird trade. I don't recall a team trading out of the first so another team could have 2 firsts.

Chargers trade likely.

Minnesota must be trying to trade up to 4 or 5. They have to jump the Giants for MacCarthy. I might do it for 11, 23, and next year's one.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Chargers trade likely but would you miss out on MHJ to have 11, 23 and 27 in round 1?

#haul

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Chargers are trading back. Vikings need a QB. Just getting the ammo ready so they can move on draft day.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

For me for the Cardinals to trade back to #11 overall it would take:

Cardinals: #4, #138

Vikings: #11, #23, & 2025 2nd

If that trade happens then I use my third (#66) to try and move up from #11 to #7 and take Odunze or Nabers.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

If that trade happens then I use my third (#66) to try and move up from #11 to #7 and take Odunze or Nabers.

That could work.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is gross if you look at the board when considering AZ trading back.

5 - Chargers - Likely to take a WR
6 - Giants - If no QB, likely to take a WR
7 - Titans - projected for an OT. Feels like Ridley takes them out of the WR convo.
8 - Falcons - Not likely to take a WR
9 - Bears - Not in the market for a WR
10 - Jets - Not in the market for a WR

there is a Monti galaxy-brain world where he feels he can move back and get one of the top 3 WRs.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

7 - Titans - projected for an OT. Feels like Ridley takes them out of the WR convo.

there is a Monti galaxy-brain world where he feels he can move back and get one of the top 3 WRs.

If you polygraph Monty he’ll admit wanting to move back but I think he’ll realize the easiest decision of his career will be sitting there at 4.

Are the EDGE’s in that next tier Markus Golden types? Robinson, Braswell, Trice etc?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

So risky!

Securing a legit, superstar WR1 in this years draft is not just about winning games in 2024, it's about being good enough to win a championship in 2025! Trading back and then "trying" or "hoping" to move up to #7 for Odunze/Nabers is not in my opinion an acceptable plan.

When Chet Holmgren was still on the board in last year's NBA draft, sure the Thunder/Sam Presti could have passed on his elite skill set and traded out of the #2 pick to "accumulate more draft capital for their rebuild".

But you need top level talent to win a ring, and now Holmgren is part of a Thunder team that is this year a serious threat to go the distance!

I could see possibly, maybe trading back to #5 as long as we were still guaranteed to get MJH or Odunze, but otherwise, let's stay put and secure the player that can help win another NFC Conference championship and get us back to the Big Show!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

So in summary

4, 66, 138

for

7, 23, 2025 2nd.

is #23 that valuable? I am not sure that it is.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

IF Monti trades down with Minny but still ends up with one of Nabers or Odunze and gets an extra first this year out of the deal

i will be happy about that

and

the roller coaster of ASFN emotions while this plays out will be an all -timer

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Reaction score
FWIW: most trade value charts say that:

#11 +#23 = #4 + ~#75

it is established that when a QB is in play, there is a premium to that

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Since the Giants need a QB, we can go back to #6 and still (probably) get one of the Top Three WR's.
Yeah at this point, considering we have no credible 1 or 2 at WR, I think you have to stay at 4 and take Marv, who appears to be the closest thing to a sure thing at the position. If we had another credible #2 I'd be more inclined to take a chance on Odzune.

Short of the Vikings offering us Jefferson, I'm staying put and taking Marv.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They just traded their 2025 2nd to the Texans

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The rumor on Twitter is it's actually the Pats the Vikings are working with and they trade up to #3 for Maye.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Running through mock scenarios very much shows that you have a chance of missing out on a receiver.

The 2022 NFL draft is the case study for the Cardinals. The Cardinals would have been better off packaging their first and a future pick to move up and grab one of the receivers.

If the Cardinals move back in the top ten, there is a very high chance that all three receivers will be gone. The Chargers will most certainly take a WR now. Id bet that the Giants will as well because even though they could quickly move on from Daniel Jones, the Mara family are pretty conservative and will likely want to try and fix Jones before they move on, they've invested too much money into him.

After that, I think the other teams don't so there is a possibility of trading down, but I don't really see a player that the teams below the Cardinals are scrambling for. I could see either the Giants or Chargers trying to trade up for MHJ though.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Reaction score
The rumor on Twitter is it's actually the Pats the Vikings are working with and they trade up to #3 for Maye.
it makes sense, but

last year, Monti talked about how pre draft you have conversations to gauge interest and trade parameters

I suspect Min has talked to everyone in the top 5 or so