2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any QB drafted by the cards this year would suffer terribly. Build this team around Kyler and if he doesn’t workout then you draft his replacement next year.

Yeah the fact that the Texans are good has really hosed our plan. If they sucked you could go into the draft saying ok we trade Kyler to the Falcons or Vikings, draft a QB and Harrison Jr and go forward. But you can't do that now because if you trade Kyler you almost have to use the top pick on a QB not Harrison JR. So now you're throwing a rookie QB in there with maybe another OL or talented WR, but not Harrison Jr.

I want Harrison Jr but honestly I'd still want another WR even if we draft him and keep Hollywood.

We played most of the game today with Brown, Dortch and Moore at WR, I don't think that works in todays NFL.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Yeah the fact that the Texans are good has really hosed our plan. If they sucked you could go into the draft saying ok we trade Kyler to the Falcons or Vikings, draft a QB and Harrison Jr and go forward. But you can't do that now because if you trade Kyler you almost have to use the top pick on a QB not Harrison JR. So now you're throwing a rookie QB in there with maybe another OL or talented WR, but not Harrison Jr.

I want Harrison Jr but honestly I'd still want another WR even if we draft him and keep Hollywood.

We played most of the game today with Brown, Dortch and Moore at WR, I don't think that works in todays NFL

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The QB nobody is talking about is Quinn Ewers. Not too sure about his mental makeup, but he has the arm talent and quick release to match up with any of these QB prospects.

If he would have stayed at OSU and had MHJ, et al, to throw to in that offense, he'd likely be in the talk for #1 overall.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don't sleep on Malik Nabers, he's been unguardable the past 2 years
I like Nabers. I’ve enjoyed Washington QB Michael Penix, and Rome Odunze to me is WR1. I know it’s a hot take but I don’t think MHJ will be what people think he’s supposed to at the next level.

The 2 picks his QB threw were partially on him giving up on the route(s). He’s not overly physical and I wonder how that’s going to play out at the next level.

Odunze is more physical and while not as polished a route runner, he’s a great contested catch guy. Think D Hop with high 4.3-low 4.4 speed.

Curious to see how the rest of the season and combine plays out.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I like Nabers. I’ve enjoyed Washington QB Michael Penix, and Rome Odunze to me is WR1. I know it’s a hot take but I don’t think MHJ will be what people think he’s supposed to at the next level.

The 2 picks his QB threw were partially on him giving up on the route(s). He’s not overly physical and I wonder how that’s going to play out at the next level.

Odunze is more physical and while not as polished a route runner, he’s a great contested catch guy. Think D Hop with high 4.3-low 4.4 speed.

Curious to see how the rest of the season and combine plays out.
That's a bad take on Harrison. He's been great on 50/50 balls and great when defenders are on him. I will agree, the 1st int, he could have been more physical and tried to break up the pass. But to base his whole NFL projection on that one play is shortsighted. He's a very physically strong player and notoriously hard worker.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a reason Rick Spielman isn't employed.

The only QB on that list I'd take Caleb over is Bryce Young, and I think Young's highest projection is dollar store knock off Diet Coke version of Drew Brees.
People have gotten down on Caleb because of the "weird" things about his mindset. But, physically and skill wise? He's the top of the chart.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Would we have been in the #2 or #1 sport if we didnt have that miracle comeback vs the Raiders (2022)?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People have gotten down on Caleb because of the "weird" things about his mindset. But, physically and skill wise? He's the top of the chart.
Well, USC lists him as 6'1, which is clearly a lie since colleges lie on their players' sizes all the time. So, he's probably 6'0 or 5'11. Physically, I wouldn't say he's at the top of the chart.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, USC lists him as 6'1, which is clearly a lie since colleges lie on their players' sizes all the time. So, he's probably 6'0 or 5'11. Physically, I wouldn't say he's at the top of the chart.
"Athletically" would've been a better word.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's a bad take on Harrison. He's been great on 50/50 balls and great when defenders are on him. I will agree, the 1st int, he could have been more physical and tried to break up the pass. But to base his whole NFL projection on that one play is shortsighted. He's a very physically strong player and notoriously hard worker.

Oh no it’s not just that one play. But let’s be honest, Ohio State plays 2-3 good teams a year. I’m not saying they lost the game because of MHJ. He’s a supreme talent.

But in The Game, I expected more. I don’t see him ever becoming the best WR in the NFL. Good luck to the kid and I hope he proves me wrong lol. I just like Odunze’s game better.