2024 7th round pick #226 is Jaden Davis CB

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Fact check: neither Miami nor Oklahoma are high-level programs anymore.
You don’t think they remain a level above the vanderbilts and Tulanes of college football? They may not be playoff teams but they probably still recruit well and Miami bowling 8/10 seasons and Oklahoma 10/10 seasons in bowls and averaging 10 wins per season. Cmon dude I get you like to play the foil but you come off as silly when you make comments that are kinda absurd.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You don’t think they remain a level above the vanderbilts and Tulanes of college football? They may not be playoff teams but they probably still recruit well and Miami bowling 8/10 seasons and Oklahoma 10/10 seasons in bowls and averaging 10 wins per season. Cmon dude I get you like to play the foil but you come off as silly when you make comments that are kinda absurd.

They’re not top level. Oklahoma has the better case to make, especially moving to the SEC. They’re not Oregon State; they’re first-tier programs in second-tier conferences. USC is in the same class.

Don’t be mad about the truth.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’re not top level. Oklahoma has the better case to make, especially moving to the SEC. They’re not Oregon State; they’re first-tier programs in second-tier conferences. USC is in the same class.

It’s true

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Edge room is scary bad bro
One defense (if you want to call it that) is this draft class was apparently weaker at EDGE than what I thought it was. Only 5 EDGE players were drafted in rounds 2-4. That is kinda crazy. Add in that only 5 DTs were drafted in rounds 3-5, and you can see where the lack of talent matched with where the Cardinals had the majority of their picks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
One defense (if you want to call it that) is this draft class was apparently weaker at EDGE than what I thought it was. Only 5 EDGE players were drafted in rounds 2-4. That is kinda crazy. Add in that only 5 DTs were drafted in rounds 3-5, and you can see where the lack of talent matched with where the Cardinals had the majority of their picks.
Yup. Brutal draft class to try to build your defensive front seven.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I thought this year's class had more depth, but the NFL disagreed.

What was crazy was how many guys I saw go in round 3 that would go in round 6-7 in mock drafts. That tells me the media were really off on their projections this year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I mean how small is your grouping of top level? 10 teams? They’re major programs. He started for two major programs.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I mean how small is your grouping of top level? 10 teams? They’re major programs. He started for two major programs.

That's a good question. There are probably less than 10 truly elite programs in college football:

B1G: Michigan, Ohio State
SEC: Georgia, Alabama, LSU

Maybe you can include Florida State on that list?

Then you have name-brand programs like Texas, Oklahoma, Penn State, Notre Dame, Oregon, USC, Mizzou, Texas A&M. These are programs where the boosters get mad if you don't make the CFB every season but have to have magic happen to oust one of the teams above.

Miami might as well be playing in the MAC. They might as well be Stanford for kids who can't read good. They're Nebraska.

Fact Check - Oklahoma is a high-level program.
Miami still produces NFL Talent

Lots of schools produce NFL talent. We drafted two players from 5-7 Illinois. But they finished 3rd in a three-team conference last season so I dunno. Sounds like @Ouchie-Z-Clown was very impressed by their six-point loss to Arizona in the Valero Alamo Bowl.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's a good question. There are probably less than 10 truly elite programs in college football:

B1G: Michigan, Ohio State
SEC: Georgia, Alabama, LSU

Maybe you can include Florida State on that list?

Then you have name-brand programs like Texas, Oklahoma, Penn State, Notre Dame, Oregon, USC, Mizzou, Texas A&M. These are programs where the boosters get mad if you don't make the CFB every season but have to have magic happen to oust one of the teams above.

Miami might as well be playing in the MAC. They might as well be Stanford for kids who can't read good. They're Nebraska.

Lots of schools produce NFL talent. We drafted two players from 5-7 Illinois. But they finished 3rd in a three-team conference last season so I dunno. Sounds like @Ouchie-Z-Clown was very impressed by their six-point loss to Arizona in the Valero Alamo Bowl.
I didn’t say “elite,” that’s your word.

Miami has had 45 players drafted in last 10 years. Washington 44. FSU 42. Clemson 55. TCU 32. OSU 76.

I mean that’s a random sampling with some playoff teams. Seems within range of a major program.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems like a decent pick for the 7th round. :) Maybe he develops into a decent player some day, no high expectations as a 7th round pick. :)

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I didn’t say “elite,” that’s your word.

Miami has had 45 players drafted in last 10 years. Washington 44. FSU 42. Clemson 55. TCU 32. OSU 76.

I mean that’s a random sampling with some playoff teams. Seems within range of a major program.

This is where the nonsense ends. You can check the recruiting classes for schools like Florida and Miami and see the quality of players is pretty close to the best schools.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

This is where the nonsense ends. You can check the recruiting classes for schools like Florida and Miami and see the quality of players is pretty close to the best schools.
How many extra wins does a highly graded recruiting class get you? Imagine if 5-7 Florida hadn’t had such an amazing recruiting class.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
How many extra wins does a highly graded recruiting class get you? Imagine if 5-7 Florida hadn’t had such an amazing recruiting class.
Doubling and tripling down on this nonsense. Learn to take an L.

Florida is the type of school that a really good coach could come in and win a Natty almost immediately. How do I know that? Because it's happened before.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Doubling and tripling down on this nonsense. Learn to take an L.

Florida is the type of school that a really good coach could come in and win a Natty almost immediately. How do I know that? Because it's happened before.
If they did that, they’d be a big-time program again. But they haven’t for quite some time.

In today’s actual world, they’re worse than Mizzou.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If they did that, they’d be a big-time program again. But they haven’t for quite some time.

By record, yes.

But not by recruiting classes, which is indicative of actual talent.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Over the last 5 years these are the number of players drafted in round 1 through 3 for each school.

The best programs are producing the most draftable players right?

1. Alabama - 37
  2. Georgia - 27
  3. Ohio State - 23
  4. Michigan - 20
  5. LSU - 20
  6. Notre Dame - 19
  7. Florida - 19
  8. Penn State - 16
  9. Clemson - 16
  10. Oklahoma - 15
  11. Auburn - 14
  12. Miami (FL) - 14
  13. Texas A&M - 13
  14. Washington - 12
  15. Stanford - 11
  16. Florida State - 11
  17. Iowa - 10
  18. Wisconsin - 9
  19. USC - 9
  20. Mississippi State - 9
  21. Tennessee - 8
  22. Texas - 8
  23. North Carolina - 7
  24. Oregon - 7
  25. UCLA - 7
  26. Kentucky - 7
  27. Utah - 7
  28. Baylor - 6
  29. Virginia Tech - 6
  30. Nebraska - 6

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is such a bizarre claim I don't know what to say. I'm sure the boosters at Florida and Auburn are very happy with the Day 1 and Day 2 prospects their NIL money is buying, regardless of the product on the field on Saturdays.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is such a bizarre claim I don't know what to say. I'm sure the boosters at Florida and Auburn are very happy with the Day 1 and Day 2 prospects their NIL money is buying, regardless of the product on the field on Saturdays.

So college football "programs" are there administrations?

Liberty was 13-1 last year. Is that a better "program" than Florida? Is so why aren't the best high school players flocking to Liberty?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So college football "programs" are there administrations?

Liberty was 13-1 last year. Is that a better "program" than Florida? Is so why aren't the best high school players flocking to Liberty?

Bruh. If you have to ask I don't know what to tell you.

The best programs win against the best opponents. Programs with tons of car dealership owner-alumni end up getting remembered on message boards populated by aging Gen Xers and Elder Millennials.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Over the last 5 years these are the number of players drafted in round 1 through 3 for each school.

1. Alabama - 37
  2. Georgia - 27
  3. Ohio State - 23
  4. Michigan - 20
  5. LSU - 20
  6. Notre Dame - 19
  7. Florida - 19
  8. Penn State - 16
  9. Clemson - 16
  10. Oklahoma - 15
  11. Auburn - 14
  12. Miami (FL) - 14
  13. Texas A&M - 13
  14. Washington - 12
  15. Stanford - 11
  16. Florida State - 11
  17. Iowa - 10
  18. Wisconsin - 9
  19. USC - 9
  20. Mississippi State - 9
  21. Tennessee - 8
  22. Texas - 8
  23. North Carolina - 7
  24. Oregon - 7
  25. UCLA - 7
  26. Kentucky - 7
  27. Utah - 7
  28. Baylor - 6
  29. Virginia Tech - 6
  30. Nebraska - 6
We’ve been told florida is not a major program. So according to list apparently there are only 6 schools that currently qualify as “major programs” in the USA today.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort