2024 1st round pick #4 is Marvin Harrison Jr

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People slagged Larry Fitzgerald hard his first couple of seasons. They never really let it go either as it popped up in the last few years of his career. Hell, even now that he is retired and waiting to be a first ballot HOFer, he still gets subtly jabbed occasionally.

So, MHJ has good company.
Larry was a consummate pro. Played the game hard, handed the ball to the ref after each play, told the media to ignore his inflammatory father's tweets, etc. He was his own man.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larry was a consummate pro. Played the game hard, handed the ball to the ref after each play, told the media to ignore his inflammatory father's tweets, etc. He was his own man.
... and Larry also had off-field issues not named here. So how about holding Larry to the same standard and instead of letting off-field stuff define MHJ.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm....So can we say MHJ doing things a bit differently is also him being his own man?
No. He is basically doing whatever his father tells him to do because his father feels he knows what's best or is living vicariously through him thinking, "If I were to start my NFL career all over again, here is what I would do this time around."

It's going to be interesting to watch. Hopefully, it never turns into a huge deal.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How easy we forget.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
@SECTION 11 didnt you once have a thread about whether the Transformer that browned out the West Valley would arrive before Fitz did? Was this an AI hallucination of mine?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I find it surprising that you don't find it believable. There are people out there that need to complain about something...
Then they should find something that actually involves THEM to complain about. Life is too short to be so worried about what you perceive about other peoples business. Unless you’re worried FOR or ABOUT them.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
so much for my "MHJ and dad are unique, he could be the last 1st rounder to sign" prediction

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
First they came for his combine decision, then they came for his pro day decision, then they attacked his contested catch rate, then they attacked his decision to not sign with NFLPA yet...and yet the kid has done nothing on the field or with the team, where it really matters, to create any sort of doubt. This should really be the end of it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No. He is basically doing whatever his father tells him to do because his father feels he knows what's best or is living vicariously through him thinking, "If I were to start my NFL career all over again, here is what I would do this time around."

It's going to be interesting to watch. Hopefully, it never turns into a huge deal.
Please cite where it’s been said that MHJ is “doing whatever his father tells him to do.” This is garbage slander.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please cite where it’s been said that MHJ is “doing whatever his father tells him to do.” This is garbage slander.
It's come up in several interviews. He has said his dad is there at every step with him, guiding and advising him. It came up when he skipped the NFL combine and OSU's Pro Day that his dad advised him to skip those and literally rest instead because they were preparing for his professional career. That's not slander.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player