2024 1st round pick #27 is Darius Robinson Edge

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of spending a first round pick on a tweener who shot up draft boards at the Senior Bowl after 5 years in college. In the mid rounds, sure, but I would have preferred Newton in this spot. His ceiling seems higher.
Ok. I am not a fan of selecting a DT who is coming off of Jones fracture Surgery in January. I find it interesting that no one is talking about the risk that comes with that and then using a 1st round pick on it.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
To everyone that is mad about Robinson over Newton...you know we can get both right? If the cards were considering him at #27...then will probably be the pick at #35. If we pass on him again, then people need to accept that he wasn't high on the cards board

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Slowly the kool aid on this pick is setting in my brain
One thing I'll add about the notion that he was a reach.

Players who are likely 1st round picks are invited to the draft. That means there was an expectation on some level that he was going in the first round.

Just like last year with Michael Wilson, Robinson was a Senior Bowl riser. He was a monster there. He destroyed a few OL that were highly touted. Watch him one on one with Guyton. He embarrassed Guyton.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
From "The Ringer".

Interesting that he only played in 86 true pass rush snaps (win rate of 28%).

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
I would have given up a third to trade up for Verse personally. But I'm leaning towards this being a good pick in our scheme. The dude is country strong. And he really held the edge on read-option and play action well. Very disciplined.
That says a lot discipline has beem sorely missed and lacking ever since Kingsbury was hired

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think them trading ahead of the Jets was necessary. Who else do they have at QB other than ancient Aaron Rodgers?
Didn't they swap with the Jets? IMO the Jets were comfortable moving down a couple of spots to get OL help....and Minny and Denver were both probably on the phone with them. I mentioned last night that I thought the Vikings had to pay what they paid for 1 spot, to out if the Broncos.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ok. I am not a fan of selecting a DT who is coming off of Jones fracture Surgery in January. I find it interesting that no one is talking about the risk that comes with that and then using a 1st round pick on it.

It was my thought as soon as he became a 2nd rounder. Teams are a bit weary of his foot so the D-Rob pick made sense. He’s not a DPOY caliber talent but he’s a rock than you’ll never have to worry about getting fat or lazy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn