2023 - Who would you hire/sign to sell tickets at State farm stadium this season?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Think of how many fresh faces will see at the stadium. So many people's second cousins coming to State Farm Stadium for the first time because someone was giving away their tix last minute.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Think of how many fresh faces will see at the stadium. So many people's second cousins coming to State Farm Stadium for the first time because someone was giving away their tix last minute.
2023 Cardinals roster will be like the 1989 Cleveland Indians roster. IYKYK

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Wilson, I saw a video yesterday that was ranking some high school recruits, who are sons of former NFL players and Wilson's son got a mention. He was the only Arizona player that I saw mentioned. And I think they said that he was committed to Texas, but I'm not positive on that part.

Arizona does a great job in developing great NCAA talent for everywhere but Arizona.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Arizona does a great job in developing great NCAA talent for everywhere but Arizona.
Arizona has focused on keeping some in-state recruits in this year's cycle and had success. The last few years both ASU and UA have been dumpster fires in this area.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Arizona has focused on keeping some in-state recruits in this year's cycle and had success. The last few years both ASU and UA have been dumpster fires in this area.
Because signing mid Arizona players is not the path to victory. It doesn't make your team better, and it doesn't convince the 4-5 star players to stick around.

Arizona and Arizona State will do well to remember that their success is from Southern California, not AZ.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Because signing mid Arizona players is not the path to victory. It doesn't make your team better, and it doesn't convince the 4-5 star players to stick around.

Arizona and Arizona State will do well to remember that their success is from Southern California, not AZ.
Herm Edwards had a direct pipeline to some of the best SoCal recruits, through Antonio Pierce...how'd that workout? ASU just needs to concentrate on better athletes, no matter where they come from. Having connections with SoCal, Texas and in-state are key, though...just don't be limited.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Herm Edwards had a direct pipeline to some of the best SoCal recruits, through Antonio Pierce...how'd that workout?
Pretty well, until scandal hit. Not sure what that has to do with recruiting - Pierce was absolutely right to target SoCal.
ASU just needs to concentrate on better athletes, no matter where they come from. Having connections with SoCal, Texas and in-state are key, though...just don't be limited.
There are only so many resources out there to recruit. This has been discussed ad nauseum on ASU specific boards, but the top kids in Arizona just don't stay here. Banking on them in any way for either school is a waste of resources.

Do we really need to go through the last 20 recruiting classes, and how many actually ended up at ASU or U of A? The idea sounds great, but the reality is the top kids leave, and then ASU/U of A should pick up the questionable 3 stars in AZ? Not a winning strategy. Until you find a way to convince more 4 and 5 star guys to stick around, it's spitting in the wind.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Pretty well, until scandal hit. Not sure what that has to do with recruiting - Pierce was absolutely right to target SoCal.

There are only so many resources out there to recruit. This has been discussed ad nauseum on ASU specific boards, but the top kids in Arizona just don't stay here. Banking on them in any way for either school is a waste of resources.

Do we really need to go through the last 20 recruiting classes, and how many actually ended up at ASU or U of A? The idea sounds great, but the reality is the top kids leave, and then ASU/U of A should pick up the questionable 3 stars in AZ? Not a winning strategy. Until you find a way to convince more 4 and 5 star guys to stick around, it's spitting in the wind.
Sure he was, but all of their eggs were pretty much in that basket...and that scandal has definitely hurt ASU's recruiting reputation here in SoCal. For a brief moment in time they were taken seriously...now, not so much. They need to spread the recruiting out and just look for great athletes. I never said anything about 3 stars from AZ or banking on in-state to stay...lol That's all your conjecture.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Sure he was, but all of their eggs were pretty much in that basket...and that scandal has definitely hurt ASU's recruiting reputation here in SoCal.
Has it? Our recruiting problems and the recruiting landscape in general have changed so much in the last couple of years. Herm basically didn't do any recruiting his last year, and the new guys seem focused as much on transfers as recruits. Now with USC and UCLA out of conference, will that encourage more SoCal players to stay in region? Who knows - probably all money, but it's all up in the air.
For a brief moment in time they were taken seriously...now, not so much.
ASU football for you!
They need to spread the recruiting out and just look for great athletes.
I'm all for ASU getting great athletes! Those guys locally are the 4-5 star guys getting picked up by the top schools. The hidden gems, they don't really exist anymore. If you can play, they'll find you.

Moreso, we've been able to get plenty of good skill position players on both sides of the ball...the o-line/d-line rarely match up in terms of talent. A west coast football problem for sure.
I never said anything about 3 stars from AZ or banking on in-state to stay...lol That's all your conjecture.
I'm talking about what actually happens when we devote resources to AZ prospects - in nearly every case, they string ASU along, and nearly never end up here. I don't know what has changed that will make local stars stay local, but I'm open to any ideas that will change that paradigm!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Has it? Our recruiting problems and the recruiting landscape in general have changed so much in the last couple of years. Herm basically didn't do any recruiting his last year, and the new guys seem focused as much on transfers as recruits. Now with USC and UCLA out of conference, will that encourage more SoCal players to stay in region? Who knows - probably all money, but it's all up in the air.

ASU football for you!

I'm all for ASU getting great athletes! Those guys locally are the 4-5 star guys getting picked up by the top schools. The hidden gems, they don't really exist anymore. If you can play, they'll find you.

Moreso, we've been able to get plenty of good skill position players on both sides of the ball...the o-line/d-line rarely match up in terms of talent. A west coast football problem for sure.

I'm talking about what actually happens when we devote resources to AZ prospects - in nearly every case, they string ASU along, and nearly never end up here. I don't know what has changed that will make local stars stay local, but I'm open to any ideas that will change that paradigm!
agree. If a kid has clearly decided that football is his career of choice...and ASU offers him a full ride. Most guys are going to wait to commit until they know for certain that Bama, Georgia, USC, Ohio State, Clemson, LSU..and such...are completely off the table.
some teams are NFL funnels..some are not.