2023 Western Conference Finals - Nuggets vs Lakers

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feeling pretty good after that game. Denver was playing their best and the game was still a toss-up near the end. We just need to steal one game there. We have yet to lose at home in the playoffs.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Yeah, the old guys on the Lakers played strong to the end, even in the altitude AD looked great. It is a series.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feeling pretty good after that game. Denver was playing their best and the game was still a toss-up near the end. We just need to steal one game there. We have yet to lose at home in the playoffs.

Denver hasn't lost in Denver all postseason. Going to be a tall task to steal one there.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to give LA some credit for this run. This trip to the conference finals beating superior teams in Memphis and Golden State helps prove their bubble title wasn't a fluke. I'll still refer to their bubble run as the "Mickey Mouse Title" when talking to Laker fans because it pisses them off. Injuries have kept them from making noise since.

The Warriors won one more game than the Lakers in the regular season and that was because the Lakers were terrible before the trades. I think the point is being missed, this Lakers team is NOT the team that played most of the regular season, it's a much better team.

Denver had 121 points with 6 minutes left against the best defensive team in the playoffs, and still Lakers had the ball down 3 with a couple of minutes left, Denver could not put them away. That has to be a big concern for them.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I’m the Lakers in not confident at all. AD plays like that once every 20 games

That was your best shot and they still won

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If I’m the Lakers in not confident at all. AD plays like that once every 20 games

That was your best shot and they still won
What the Lakers need is DeAndre Ayton lol - and I'd trade him for Austin Reaves in a heartbeat

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They let LeBum take over 8 seconds to get it across.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Curious to see how the Nuggets come out in the 3rd. They routinely killed us in that quarter.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Seeing how Lakers quick adjustment on D to make it much harder for Nugs offense, it's clear why Suns got eliminated 3 years in a roll in the same embarassing manner -- we could not find sufficient adjustment to disrupt their off. game plan.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Seeing how Lakers quick adjustment on D to make it much harder for Nugs offense, it's clear why Suns got eliminated 3 years in a roll in the same embarassing manner -- we could not find sufficient adjustment to disrupt their off. game plan.
I mean this isn't much different to our game 2 against them. Held them to 97 points and had the lead going into the 4th.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The F the quarter is over on a goal tend. Giving the Lakers way too much time to review this.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
I mean this isn't much different to our game 2 against them. Held them to 97 points and had the lead going into the 4th.
Our game 2 was that we frustrated Murray starting with Okogie's defense on him, but we never contained Jokic. We might have had a chance if CP3 weren't injured then. Later games, Monty focused more on outscoring Denver, successful in the next 2 home games. This time, Lakers defense kinda fell apart in the 4th without an answer to the exploding Murray.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
It's true, and although the series fell apart on us, there's a very good chance we win game 2 if CP3 doesn't get injured. We were starting to roll there for a little bit. Unfortunately, all we ever seem to have as Suns fans are what ifs.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors won one more game than the Lakers in the regular season and that was because the Lakers were terrible before the trades. I think the point is being missed, this Lakers team is NOT the team that played most of the regular season, it's a much better team.

Denver had 121 points with 6 minutes left against the best defensive team in the playoffs, and still Lakers had the ball down 3 with a couple of minutes left, Denver could not put them away. That has to be a big concern for them.
Yeah... Don't think it's the Nuggets who have a "big concern".

It's 2-0 and the Lakers aren't winning four out of five. I felt exactly the same after the Suns were down 0-2. Did not change my mind when it was 2-2. The Lakers best shot to have a chance was tonight. Just like it was for the Suns in game 2.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah... Don't think it's the Nuggets who have a "big concern".

It's 2-0 and the Lakers aren't winning four out of five. I felt exactly the same after the Suns were down 0-2. Did not change my mind when it was 2-2. The Lakers best shot to have a chance was tonight. Just like it was for the Suns in game 2.

Sure but both games were winnable for the Lakers on the road. It won't surprise me at all if it's 2-2 when we get back to Denver.

But as I said last night I'm now rooting for Denver, all the Lakers flopping is driving me nuts