2023 WC Game 2 Arizona Diamondbacks @ Milwaukee Brewers. 10/4/23

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, after the way the Dodgers have celebrated in our field in years past, I would love to see us stick it to those playoff choke-artists, beat them in a humiliating Game 5 at Chavez Ravine and then celebrate by collectively taking a literal crap on their outfield.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re on. I want to bet the DBacks win the series against LA. What is the best bet?

It's going to be super tough for the Dbacks to beat the Dodgers because of this one stat:

In 16 games against the Dodgers dating back to 2019, Merrill Kelly has never beaten the Dodgers. That number seems crazy considering how good he is but he has take 11 losses and 5 no decisions.

This year has been his best year though with him giving up 0, 2, 0, 7 but overall his ERA is over 5 against them.

I wouldn't bet the Dbacks to win the series until after game 1. For game 1 I would watch the over / under line. Kershaw is bad in the playoffs.

Its almost unwinnable force meets the most disappointing object.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woof I hate both these odds:

Dodgers are -198
Dbacks are +165

So this is Vegas just putting out an awful line. Having to lay nearly 2-1 odds on the Dodgers is a bad bet even if the Dodgers are twice as likely to win.

Then the flip side you are giving a 30% less payout for the Dbacks to win.

Run line isnt out yet.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Woof I hate both these odds:

Dodgers are -198
Dbacks are +165

So this is Vegas just putting out an awful line. Having to lay nearly 2-1 odds on the Dodgers is a bad bet even if the Dodgers are twice as likely to win.

Then the flip side you are giving a 30% less payout for the Dbacks to win.

Run line isnt out yet.

I enjoy gambling but lines like that are moments where you realize just how unfair the house juice is. But hey... if I had bet on the Brewer series, I would have given us a 1 in 3 shot... and we won.

Who knows. The Dodger rotation is a bit of a mess right now and the way the schedule lays out, we only need to use 3 pitchers this series.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, I had tickets to the Guns and Roses show on the 11th, I was already trying to re-sell them because of a schedule conflict. The Dbacks game now has made that show likely to be cancelled entirely... and just in the last half hour I was notified my tickets sold.

Baffling.

Maybe there is some cancellation bonus if you had tickets that I am unaware of, either that or someone really screwed themselves.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, I had tickets to the Guns and Roses show on the 11th, I was already trying to re-sell them because of a schedule conflict. The Dbacks game now has made that show likely to be cancelled entirely... and just in the last half hour I was notified my tickets sold.

Baffling.

Maybe there is some cancellation bonus if you had tickets that I am unaware of, either that or someone really screwed themselves.

On a second look at my bank statement when I bought these tickets in February... I got screwed. I suspect my tickets got bought because of some algorithm letting them know that, with the taxes and fees I paid and with the fees on selling them... I got the shaft.

Ticketmaster is the worst.

But, worth it... GO DBACKS!

I am hoping to attend game 4. Beating the Dodgers would be joyous.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard