2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I keep saying CP3 to LA makes too much sense for everyone involved. Don't know what pieces we could get back in return.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Patrick Mutombo will be moving from the Suns to the Bucks.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I saw a podcast where they said this guy was the one guy after Kevin Young, that the Suns needed to try and hold onto. Supposedly an up and coming coach. Good luck to him.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I keep saying CP3 to LA makes too much sense for everyone involved. Don't know what pieces we could get back in return.

The Lakers won't trade for him, they will wait for us to cut him.

I could see him going to the Clippers too.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I keep wondering why more people aren't interested in that rumor of us getting the third pick in the draft, and Scoot being available at three?
Seems to good to be true honestly. I would love for that to happen - but I don't think it will.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, you look at twitter and it sounds like we're going to have one helluva team.

Booker, KD, Lillard, Harden, Lopez with Irving, Paul, Green, and Bruce Brown on the bench.

To round out the roster I think we should go after Ronaldo and Secretariat.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Man, you look at twitter and it sounds like we're going to have one helluva team.

Booker, KD, Lillard, Harden, Lopez with Irving, Paul, Green, and Bruce Brown on the bench.

To round out the roster I think we should go after Ronaldo and Secretariat.
No thanks. Secretariat is a prima Donna and his per 36 stats are awful.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Was this our playoff injury report, or the trade/waive status for the Phoenix Suns? :shrug:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smart would be a good get for CP3 and a bulldog PG for this team… and probably drive a lot of crazy a good amount of time.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Smart would be a good get for CP3 and a bulldog PG for this team… and probably drive a lot of crazy a good amount of time.

He's definitely that personality type. A Jae Crowder of point guards... higher tier defender, antagonist, flopper, but has even worse shot selection.

Not a guy I'm fond of but we need a top tier defender and good off ball player more than we need Harden.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's definitely that personality type. A Jae Crowder of point guards... higher tier defender, antagonist, flopper, but has even worse shot selection.

Not a guy I'm fond of but we need a top tier defender and good off ball player more than we need Harden.
I'd take Smart over the choices I've seen but he wouldn't be my choice.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A Celtics fan run site thinks the swap is ridiculous. It'd definitely be too good to be true for the Suns. I don't see why the Celtics would swap the 2. They're loaded at PG already with Smart, White, and Brogdan. I think Brogdan for Paul seems for realistic, and a gamble I'd take, but it doesn't make sense for Boston, at all.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Celtics fan run site thinks the swap is ridiculous. It'd definitely be too good to be true for the Suns. I don't see why the Celtics would swap the 2. They're loaded at PG already with Smart, White, and Brogdan. I think Brogdan for Paul seems for realistic, and a gamble I'd take, but it doesn't make sense for Boston, at all.

I could understand them wanting to move on from Smart, I can't see them wanting CP3 instead though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe the Celtics would be looking to dump Smart's salary but other players would have to be included by Boston to make it work.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nobody is going to trade for CP3 and the 30 million he's owed unless they are trying to unload even worse contract in return.

Teams that are interested in him will wait until we waive him.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody is going to trade for CP3 and the 30 million he's owed unless they are trying to unload even worse contract in return.

Teams that are interested in him will eait until we sign him.

I think it's a tough sell but if one looks at Paul as a $30 million expiring contract it makes some sense for a team to trade longer, large contracts.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If the swing wasn't for last season, it looks more or less like a throwaway season.

I thought the Suns could have been a contender last season if they made a couple of moves using the expiring contracts of Saric and Crowder.

This was a team that went to the Finals in 2020-21 and won 64 games in 2021-22.

It would have been nice to use the MLE as well.
This completely ignores:

A) the inability of jones to get anything of value for those guys. What you are positing is that he just must’ve not tried hard enough.

B) Chris Paul was no longer the Chris Paul of
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
exhibit A why I don’t think we fade anytime soon. Plus ishbia’s $$$

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I get that next season is the target, it still makes the trade insane in my eyes. You don’t break up a really good team and mortgage the future for a guy who’s gonna be 35 and is injured all the time with an eye on “next year”.
You’re entitled to your opinion.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Baloney. We know for a fact we could have traded crowder for 5 2nds to Milwaukee for one, and it was reported several places we could have traded him for Hachimura as well, and since they moved him cheap later I believe it.

As far as Dario - he was almost worthless, but there was no way at all we were resigning him so the idea was to use his salary instead of Crowders in the trade - but the Nets demanded Crowder and we caved for some reason, probably because Ishiba demanded the deal get done.
Baloney those were rumors. You know, something that’s not true unless it actually happens.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson