2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He can do it pretty cheap down around 8 Mile.
I know exactly where he is building. My wifes parents live not far away from his lot. We used to ride bikes through that neighborhood for a date when we were younger, now we drive and look at all the mansions. It is right across the street (to the north) of the Springdale Golf Course and Park. It is a beautiful area. He is tearing down a $5 million dollar house to build this thing (at least Zillow says it is worth $5 million). If you got it, burn it.

If you go on Zillow and look, his present outdoor basketball court has a Michigan State Spartan logo on center court.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I know exactly where he is building. My wifes parents live not far away from his lot. We used to ride bikes through that neighborhood for a date when we were younger, now we drive and look at all the mansions. It is right across the street (to the north) of the Springdale Golf Course and Park. It is a beautiful area. He is tearing down a $5 million dollar house to build this thing (at least Zillow says it is worth $5 million). If you got it, burn it.

If you go on Zillow and look, his present outdoor basketball court has a Michigan State Spartan logo on center court.

Found it, so he's tearing THAT house down, and building on the subsequent lot? Sheesh

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I find it shocking, if what Gambo is saying is true, that's one big accusation. I noticed a couple times DA wanting to talk to Monty on the sidelines or after coming out, and Monty ignored him. You can't be a leader that way. Now in Monty's defense, maybe DA was bringing up stuff they had talked about that wasn't appropriate during game time, or whatever. Still, that's a horrible look for a coach.
Maybe DA was trying to date one of Monty's daughters or something. There was more going on behind the scenes than we know.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty Williams on ASFN

You must be registered for see images attach

Monty Williams in real life

You must be registered for see images attach
ASFN: Monty Good coach but not great won't get us over the hump.

BirdGangThing: ASFN wants him fired during games. ;)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
It was quite amazing the Suns won two games against Denver, solely on 1-on-1 plays by Book and KD. If KD had been more efficient like he used to be! Monty simply couldn't come up with screens and moves to 1. get AGordon off KD who single-covered him very well; 2. get good open looks when KD got doubled; 3. use Okogie as screeners and cutters to make him useful on offense to play him more, just like the Bulls played non-offense Rodman. All these can be game planned and practised. Now we added another elite go-to scorer in Beal, who I believe can be a good defender like Holiday. Any improvement at DA's play will just be bonus.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
“Bol brings unique skills and abilities to our forward and center positions, which further enhances our depth and versatility,” Suns general manager and president of basketball operations James Jones said in a press release. “His continued growth and development will help make us a more complete team.”

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Interesting coincidence that Ayton's comments about not having fans, and the announcement of Bol Bol officially signing are on the same day. I do believe it's just coincidence

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We went from "believe in the timeline" to "fudge the timeline.. We building a superteam to win now"

What a time to be alive..

We went from being a mid market team that acted like a small market team, like a Minnesota or Utah, and started acting like a major market team as soon as we acquired KD. Now we're acting more like Brooklyn has historically while they're using the approach we had, slow and steady building around quality youth.

It's bizarro world.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Found it, so he's tearing THAT house down, and building on the subsequent lot? Sheesh
Its the construction on the lots to the east. It looks like he is combining 4 or 5 parcels. Google Earth has imagery from May of this year. There is just no privacy these days.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting coincidence that Ayton's comments about not having fans, and the announcement of Bol Bol officially signing are on the same day. I do believe it's just coincidence
I am sure Ayton reads some message boards and listens to the radio some. If it were you, wouldn't you check some places out to see what they are saying about you? If you google search Suns message boards, you will find this one.

So DA, if you are reading this. I pulling for you big guy. I want to believe in you. I really do. I will jump on your bandwagon quickly and with enthusiasm if you change the narrative. You do not have to post huge stats, just show me consistent hard play every night and I will be happy.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I am sure Ayton reads some message boards and listens to the radio some. If it were you, wouldn't you check some places out to see what they are saying about you?

Boy, I hope not. If I'm making $30+ million per year, why should I care what some idiot schulb on a message board is writing?

So DA, if you are reading this. I pulling for you big guy. I want to believe in you. I really do. I will jump on your bandwagon quickly and with enthusiasm if you change the narrative. You do not have to post huge stats, just show me consistent hard play every night and I will be happy.

Durant might be reading, but we know he's deranged. Admittedly, though, it was fun when Curt Schilling used to be on the board.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We didn't simply lack a 3rd scorer, we needed rebounding and defense also. That's also one series, in the 2nd round. Yes, it was against the eventual champs but we'll need more than 3 scorers if we face most other teams in the West. Offense doesn't win championships alone. We saw that repeatedly with D'antoni here and in Houston. We aren't now the team to beat because we have 3 scorers, we're better offensively but we'll be smaller and depending on our big even more because Beal, Booker, and Gordon aren't going to guard the paint and grab rebounds when the game is on the line.

I'm not forgetting Metu, I'm not counting on him. There's a reason he played in a whopping 6 minutes in 3 games throughout the Kings brief postseason appearance. He's not someone who is capable of keeping Jokic, Giannis, Embiid, AD, or any other quality big from dominating the glass and doing what they please offensively. If we're having to rely on Metu for anything in the 4th quarter then we aren't winning a championship. He's not the #1 or #2 Center on a title team.
Please describe which team’s third string center you expect to keep jokic, Gianni’s, embiid, AD or any other quality big from dominating the glass and doing what they please offensively. Not even any team’s second string center is going to do that. Methinks your expectations may be a ride but outta whack.

And Beal’s addition isn’t just “more offense” it’s literally adding 20pts/game more to each game. Other than shamets freakish single game output the suns were playing 2 on 9 most of the series. And again, still won half the games necessary to take that series. Dismissing beals potential impact on that series is just funny to me.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please describe which team’s third string center you expect to keep jokic, Gianni’s, embiid, AD or any other quality big from dominating the glass and doing what they please offensively. Not even any team’s second string center is going to do that. Methinks your expectations may be a ride but outta whack.

And Beal’s addition isn’t just “more offense” it’s literally adding 20pts/game more to each game. Other than shamets freakish single game output the suns were playing 2 on 9 most of the series. And again, still won half the games necessary to take that series. Dismissing beals potential impact on that series is just funny to me.

We don't even have a legit backup Center that I'm comfortable seeing start part time. I see very little difference between second and third string, which is a problem when the second string guy is more third string than third string a legit second. Ayton will miss time, who plays then?

Who guards Giannis, Embiid, Jokic? I know those guys can't be stopped but the way we beat them in the past, and others beat them as well, is to make them do too much. We have no one to spell Ayton when/if he's hurt, pouting, or in foul trouble. Then those guys can just dominate and kill any momentum we may have had.

OMG, we won 2 games?! How many times are people going to bring that up? 2 games doesn't win a series. We were blown out of 3 and lost 1 close game. Denver was never in trouble against us. It's especially rich coming from those who harp on losing after 2 games in the finals a few years back as a reason to blow that team up. Winning 2 in the second round is supposed to mean something now? We won 3 against Dallas, who cares! That's last year. Winning twice gets the players 2 extra game checks, that's it. It's nothing fans should hang their hat on.

Yes, Beal will help offensively but we've seen Big 3's lose more than they've won. A lot of Big 3's never won a title either. Beal isn't a good defender. I'm not worried about that, I'm worried about how often he's healthy and how well he fits with KD and Book, which is a question mark. I'd be surprised if he averages 20+ per game though. The coaching staff has their work cut out for them trying to find ways to keep Beal and Booker both effective because there's 1 ball and they play similar styles so they're going to need to diversify the offense to get the most out of them. Kind of like when LeBron went to Miami and it took a while for him and Wade to get used to each other, and Bosh a bit longer because he had to sacrifice and change his game the most. We're faced with a similar problem. I hope the staff has a plan to make it work. Until I see it work, Im not ready to say we're a favorite or better than Denver.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We don't even have a legit backup Center that I'm comfortable seeing start part time. I see very little difference between second and third string, which is a problem when the second string guy is more third string than third string a legit second. Ayton will miss time, who plays then?

Who guards Giannis, Embiid, Jokic? I know those guys can't be stopped but the way we beat them in the past, and others beat them as well, is to make them do too much. We have no one to spell Ayton when/if he's hurt, pouting, or in foul trouble. Then those guys can just dominate and kill any momentum we may have had.

OMG, we won 2 games?! How many times are people going to bring that up? 2 games doesn't win a series. We were blown out of 3 and lost 1 close game. Denver was never in trouble against us. It's especially rich coming from those who harp on losing after 2 games in the finals a few years back as a reason to blow that team up. Winning 2 in the second round is supposed to mean something now? We won 3 against Dallas, who cares! That's last year. Winning twice gets the players 2 extra game checks, that's it. It's nothing fans should hang their hat on.

Yes, Beal will help offensively but we've seen Big 3's lose more than they've won. A lot of Big 3's never won a title either. Beal isn't a good defender. I'm not worried about that, I'm worried about how often he's healthy and how well he fits with KD and Book, which is a question mark. I'd be surprised if he averages 20+ per game though. The coaching staff has their work cut out for them trying to find ways to keep Beal and Booker both effective because there's 1 ball and they play similar styles so they're going to need to diversify the offense to get the most out of them. Kind of like when LeBron went to Miami and it took a while for him and Wade to get used to each other, and Bosh a bit longer because he had to sacrifice and change his game the most. We're faced with a similar problem. I hope the staff has a plan to make it work. Until I see it work, Im not ready to say we're a favorite or better than Denver.
Consistently weird takes on backup center. Please list the backup centers in the league who are a lot better than our’s. Particular those that would do anything more than fart in the win against the all nba players you keep listing as litmus tests.

And no is saying the suns definitely win against the nuggets last year with Beal, we are just shaking our heads at your complete dismissal of any impact he may have had.

I also don’t think anyone thinks this squad is a lock, but rather many are curious as to the lack of respect this squad is getting in some corners. Including your’s apparently.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Listened to Gambo and whoever talk about this while driving a while ago. Gambo said that Monty just flat did not want DA on his team. That is hard to believe. It would be very hard to produce consistently when your coach does not believe in you. I would not think that Monty was that interested in developing him either. I am not sure what it was that created that situation (the Dallas series in 2022?), but you cannot have a coach that wastes an asset like that. It is probably one of the main reasons why Monty got fired.

I like what DA says here, but he often says good things. It will be interesting to see what Vogel can do with him.
Gambo isn’t wrong. Monty didnt want him. He and Ayton never saw eye to eye on what his role should be on the team. Neither wanted to budge and Monty was a straight up ass to him. Ayton quit on him. It was a toxic relationship. Ayton’s not the first one to experience this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That answers if he knows....
I believe this is the first time he’s acknowledge the hatred he gets from fans. Two months ago, he was dismissive of the narrative. Today, he seems more understanding of why people feel animosity towards him. Not sure what this means in the end, but this is a different sort of response than the dog and pony show he’s given in the past