2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, but I wasn't the one who brought up how durable Lebron was as if he was more durable than average.
Career or this season? He's missed some time as a Laker but for his career he's been incredibly durable. Between injuries and load management he's missed 166 games total in his 20 year career. And I believe he's played in all 270 of his team's playoff games.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was shocked we didn’t go hachimura. I won’t go all revisionist and say I saw this coming. But he was a guy I’d liked as a role player when he came outta the draft.
I liked him coming out of the draft but I soured on him watching him play with the Wizards. Now I wish we'd taken that rumored deal for Jae.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ja is a lot like pre-injury Derrick Rose. Just controls the game with his ball handling and ability to penetrate. He's more fit for modern play in that he shoots better but I think Rose would have probably been closer to Ja if he were entering the league today, it's just stylistic changes to the game. Rose was a better defender though. Hopefully Ja stays away from Coach Thibs.

I think people forget how good Rose was because he's finally been able to stay healthy the last few years and is vastly different player. He's a backup combo guard now but he was an electric finisher at his peak and won MVP before entering his prime years. Who knows what he could have been if his body held up. I think the Bulls win a title and LBJ has at least one less. That Bulls team was just so deep and good but Thibs ran his stars into the ground.
Yeah for his first 4 years, Rose was something special, even better than Ja has been so far. But that's it, the rest of his career is very hit and miss. Maybe that will happen with Ja too but that's a risk with any player that plays that way.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bye, bye, Kings. There is no way they defeat the Warriors without Fox. Here comes the Suns-Warriors WCF.

I may be wrong but I say there's absolutely no way he doesn't play. he played after the injury. Now they're saying they think he hurt it on a layup where Looney hit his hand. They originally said 4th quarter but I read somewhere today it was mid 3rd quarter. Earlier they were saying he hurt it on that huge driving dunk he made in the game earlier. Honestly I suspect he did and they just would rather say he got hit by Looney then admit he broke it by dunking too hard.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if he wants to try playing with a broken thumb, good. He'd be sort of the anti-Kawhi Leonard.

Probably nothing beats Kevin McHale playing a finals series on a broken foot.

Index finger not thumb but still.

I'm not saying I don't think it's broken they said it is, it probably is. But I think it's pretty likely he played quite a bit of time with it broken in game 4 so he'll play game 5 etc with it too IMO.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
. . . as his team goes up 3-1 on the 2 seed largely behind his efforts . . .

He missed almost the entire post All-Star run the Lakers went on that got them into the postseason. It's not him that has been carrying the Lakers either, they've had more impressive performances from others like Rui and AD.

If he affected winning as much as he used to then his team wouldn't have been a play-in team. 1 series against a team suffering big injuries to key players that is melting down doesn't say he's as good as he used to be. LeBron in Miami or Cleveland would have carried his team past these Grizzlies already in a sweep.

As far as the other reply, asking for 20 players better, availability matters and LeBron isn't as able to play each night anymore and carry a team. When he struggles to hit 50 games and his team has their best run with him in street clothes, that knocks him down a bit.

BTW I said he was top 20 probably, because I didn't sit there and think it through but I don't even believe he's best Laker anymore, Anthony Davis effects their fortunes more than LBJ does. They were a play-in team though, which is where I got 20 from since there are 20 teams in the postseason including play-in participants. Most teams have a player they wouldn't swap straight up for Lebron for a season. That's what keeps him from being a top tier player. He's not a legit MVP candidate in the class of Giannis, Embiid, or Joker and he's not first or second team NBA, which is MVP candidates and guys like Ja, Tatum, Fox, and Steph that carried their teams all year long to more wins and good to great individual numbers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He missed almost the entire post All-Star run the Lakers went on that got them into the postseason.
And he carried them to wins pretty much singlehandedly when AD was out for 26 games.
It's not him that has been carrying the Lakers either, they've had more impressive performances from others like Rui and AD.
AD at times, but they’ve had more impressive performances from Rui that’s carried them? Really? Because Rui had one great game… in a game where LeBron still had 21/11/9/3?
If he affected winning as much as he used to then his team wouldn't have been a play-in team.
No one has said he affects winning as much as he used. Stupid projected argument used to gaslight.
1 series against a team suffering big injuries to key players that is melting down doesn't say he's as good as he used to be.
You’re continue with this gaslighting? NO ONE HAS SAID HE’S AS GOOD AS HE USED TO BE.

He used to be the best player not only in all of basketball but made an argument for best player ever. The argument is LeBron top 15-20 right now. Why you’re bringing up he’s not as good as he used to be has literally no bearing on this conversation.
LeBron in Miami or Cleveland would have carried his team past these Grizzlies already in a sweep.
Yea, when LeBron was the undisputed best player in the game playing on the best teams in the league, he would have made quick work of the Grizzlies. So what? If anything, the fact that LeBRon ISNT on the best team in the league or even close to best team in the league and has the Grizzlies on the brink of losing at 3-1 instead of 4-0 shows just how good he still is instead of the contrary.
As far as the other reply, asking for 20 players better, availability matters and LeBron isn't as able to play each night anymore and carry a team.
Who is? Curry and his 56 games played this season… one more than LeBron? How about Kawhi who you have over LeBron even though he played less games, averaged less points, rebounds and assists AND is out of the playoffs injured again.
When he struggles to hit 50 games and his team has their best run with him in street clothes, that knocks him down a bit.
LeBron played in 56 games. Same as other guys you want to give credit for, who’s teams won a whopping 1 or 2 games more than LeBron.
BTW I said he was top 20 probably, because I didn't sit there and think it through but I don't even believe he's best Laker anymore, Anthony Davis effects their fortunes more than LBJ does.

Anthony Davis is even less reliable than LeBron is. You’re either gonna get 35/17 from Davis or 14/5… or nothing. LeBron is nothing if not consistent and in the playoffs when everything is on the line, Davis is averaging less points AND rebounds and has been even more hit and miss.
They were a play-in team though, which is where I got 20 from since there are 20 teams in the postseason including play-in participants. Most teams have a player they wouldn't swap straight up for Lebron for a season. That's what keeps him from being a top tier player. He's not a legit MVP candidate in the class of Giannis, Embiid, or Joker and he's not first or second team NBA, which is MVP candidates and guys like Ja, Tatum, Fox, and Steph that carried their teams all year long to more wins and good to great individual numbers.
That’s 7 guys you named, one of which is the same Steph Curry… who played 56 games, averaged 1 point more than LeBron, while also averaging less assists and rebounds than LeBron and leading his team to winning a whopping ONE game more than the Lakers?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another great game with this Hawks fourth quarter comeback, now down 2 with 2 to go in the 4th, scrapping for their lives.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… that looked like a total bail out call for White who was totally out of control.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And he carried them to wins pretty much singlehandedly when AD was out for 26 games.

AD at times, but they’ve had more impressive performances from Rui that’s carried them? Really? Because Rui had one great game… in a game where LeBron still had 21/11/9/3?

No one has said he affects winning as much as he used. Stupid projected argument used to gaslight.

You’re continue with this gaslighting? NO ONE HAS SAID HE’S AS GOOD AS HE USED TO BE.

He used to be the best player not only in all of basketball but made an argument for best player ever. The argument is LeBron top 15-20 right now. Why you’re bringing up he’s not as good as he used to be has literally no bearing on this conversation.

Yea, when LeBron was the undisputed best player in the game playing on the best teams in the league, he would have made quick work of the Grizzlies. So what? If anything, the fact that LeBRon ISNT on the best team in the league or even close to best team in the league and has the Grizzlies on the brink of losing at 3-1 instead of 4-0 shows just how good he still is instead of the contrary.

Who is? Curry and his 56 games played this season… one more than LeBron? How about Kawhi who you have over LeBron even though he played less games, averaged less points, rebounds and assists AND is out of the playoffs injured again.

LeBron played in 56 games. Same as other guys you want to give credit for, who’s teams won a whopping 1 or 2 games more than LeBron.

Anthony Davis is even less reliable than LeBron is. You’re either gonna get 35/17 from Davis or 14/5… or nothing. LeBron is nothing if not consistent and in the playoffs when everything is on the line, Davis is averaging less points AND rebounds and has been even more hit and miss.

That’s 7 guys you named, one of which is the same Steph Curry… who played 56 games, averaged 1 point more than LeBron, while also averaging less assists and rebounds than LeBron and leading his team to winning a whopping ONE game more than the Lakers?

Lol if I cared I'd point out all the real gaslighting you did but I don't but I will say you have some nerve claiming others project and gaslight when that's all you do when you start these nonsensical arguments.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Wolves also refusing to go quietly into that good night.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wolves showing true grit. They could take this game. Tied up under 2 mins.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wonder what Minny does

AntMan is up for an extension and Rudy/KAT owed 77 million next year and 90+ the year after

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He missed almost the entire post All-Star run the Lakers went on that got them into the postseason. It's not him that has been carrying the Lakers either, they've had more impressive performances from others like Rui and AD.

If he affected winning as much as he used to then his team wouldn't have been a play-in team. 1 series against a team suffering big injuries to key players that is melting down doesn't say he's as good as he used to be. LeBron in Miami or Cleveland would have carried his team past these Grizzlies already in a sweep.

As far as the other reply, asking for 20 players better, availability matters and LeBron isn't as able to play each night anymore and carry a team. When he struggles to hit 50 games and his team has their best run with him in street clothes, that knocks him down a bit.

BTW I said he was top 20 probably, because I didn't sit there and think it through but I don't even believe he's best Laker anymore, Anthony Davis effects their fortunes more than LBJ does. They were a play-in team though, which is where I got 20 from since there are 20 teams in the postseason including play-in participants. Most teams have a player they wouldn't swap straight up for Lebron for a season. That's what keeps him from being a top tier player. He's not a legit MVP candidate in the class of Giannis, Embiid, or Joker and he's not first or second team NBA, which is MVP candidates and guys like Ja, Tatum, Fox, and Steph that carried their teams all year long to more wins and good to great individual numbers.
No one is saying he’s as good as he was. No one is saying he’s a first or second team all nba. He’s top ten-ish.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol if I cared I'd point out all the real gaslighting you did but I don't but I will say you have some nerve claiming others project and gaslight when that's all you do when you start these nonsensical arguments.
He literally just slathered you with facts in that post and your response is “I’m not gaslighting, you are!”

Sorry man, I think cheese overdoes it with the hysterics, but with the facts he threw out there you’re in a corner with nowhere else to paint.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson