2023-24 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Kaminsky will play with Partizan. Good luck. I still miss Frank on the Suns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THe 60 piece by Kuminga in the Crawsover event is getting way too much hype in the Bay ARea. They have the highlights on youtube and it wasn't even remotely a game, like an all star game in terms of effort. Kuminga probably shot 20 3's in the game, maybe made 5, some terrible misses. He had some huge dunks but missed 5 dunks in a row at the end trying to get a highlight reel dunk. And despite all his made dunks, the 3 best dunks of the game were all by GP2.

Payton btw is either out of shape or not 100% recovered yet from the injuries he had in the playoffs, still can throw it down but not nearly as springy as he was 2 years ago. Hope the injuries and his age haven't taken their toll on him they need him this year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA has launched an inquiry into James Harden’s public remarks about 76ers president Daryl Morey.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the two categories of players listed: $4-7 million contracts and the minimum, I think Mason Plumlee and Eric Gordon are at the top.

By Hoops Rumors, August 19th, 2023 at 1:24pm CST by Luke Adam:

Ayo Dosunmu (Bulls), Jevon Carter (Bulls), Reggie Jackson (Nuggets), Shake Milton (Timberwolves), Nickeil Alexander-Walker (Timberwolves), Jalen McDaniels (Raptors), Russell Westbrook (Clippers), and Mason Plumlee (Clippers) were some of the players who signed for between $4-7MM annually.

Eric Gordon (Suns), Derrick Rose (Grizzlies), Josh Richardson (Heat), Torrey Craig (Bulls), Patrick Beverley (Sixers), Malik Beasley (Bucks), Dario Saric (Warriors), and Cory Joseph (Warriors) were among the veterans who accepted minimum-salary deals.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In the two categories of players listed: $4-7 million contracts and the minimum, I think Mason Plumlee and Eric Gordon are at the top.

By Hoops Rumors, August 19th, 2023 at 1:24pm CST by Luke Adam:

Ayo Dosunmu (Bulls), Jevon Carter (Bulls), Reggie Jackson (Nuggets), Shake Milton (Timberwolves), Nickeil Alexander-Walker (Timberwolves), Jalen McDaniels (Raptors), Russell Westbrook (Clippers), and Mason Plumlee (Clippers) were some of the players who signed for between $4-7MM annually.

Eric Gordon (Suns), Derrick Rose (Grizzlies), Josh Richardson (Heat), Torrey Craig (Bulls), Patrick Beverley (Sixers), Malik Beasley (Bucks), Dario Saric (Warriors), and Cory Joseph (Warriors) were among the veterans who accepted minimum-salary deals.

You don't mention what that article is, it highlights the big free agency signings and asked for readers to comment on what they believe are the best and worst moves. They don't really say anything positive, or negative, about the deals.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't mention what that article is, it highlights the big free agency signings and asked for readers to comment on what they believe are the best and worst moves. They don't really say anything positive, or negative, about the deals.

The article wanted to know what the reader thought on the value free agent signings.

I gave my thoughts in a couple of categories.

Do you disagree with my selections?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Here is the box score for the Bahamas vs Argentina game.

Deandre Ayton had 22 points and 15 rebounds.

Eric Gordon had 24 points and 3 assists.

Edit: 24 points for Gordon
This is what I think makes the suns deadly, if DA can average 20 and 15, no one can stop us!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The article wanted to know what the reader thought on the value free agent signings.

I gave my thoughts in a couple of categories.

Do you disagree with my selections?

I'd agree. I missed that before as I thought you just copy and pasted the write up without adding your own take at the top. My mistake.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Embiid has removed all things 76ers from his social media

Embiid is the single most overhyped player I’ve ever seen. He’s been given more than any other “star” in the NBA he’s had multiple all star teammate’s multiple all defense teammates and this dude has never been out the second round

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Embiid is the single most overhyped player I’ve ever seen. He’s been given more than any other “star” in the NBA he’s had multiple all star teammate’s multiple all defense teammates and this dude has never been out the second round

Uh what? The 76ers chose Tobias Harris over Jimmy Butler and Ben Simmons literally just quit at 24 years old. Harden and Maxey are good but nothing special at this point.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd agree. I missed that before as I thought you just copy and pasted the write up without adding your own take at the top. My mistake.

I think italics are harder on the eyes, but it's easier to distinguish the quotes from the writer and the thoughts of the poster.

Perhaps more spacing was needed between my words and those of the writer.

I may have to think about using italics more often.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think italics are harder on the eyes, but it's easier to distinguish quotes of the writer from the thoughts of the poster.

Perhaps more spacing was needed between my words and those of the writer.

I may have to think about using italics more often.

There's also a quote feature on the board. Highlight the text you're quoting and hit that. Its the little " symbol on the second drop down. Mess around and a little and you'll figure it out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's also a quote feature on the board. Highlight the text you're quoting and hit that. Its the little " symbol on the second drop down. Mess around and a little and you'll figure it out.

Yes, I've used this as well. I guess it's a matter of style.

I always designate the writer and media source before the quote and the link after the quote. IMO, more spacing might have helped after my comment.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, I've used this as well. I guess it's a matter of style.

I always designate the writer and media source before the quote and the link after the quote. IMO, more spacing might have helped after my comment.

You know we're just itching for the season to start when we're discussing post formatting.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Uh what? The 76ers chose Tobias Harris over Jimmy Butler and Ben Simmons literally just quit at 24 years old. Harden and Maxey are good but nothing special at this point.
Except this fails to recognize that at one time embiid had a good Simmons, Tobias harris and jimmy butler all at the same time and still couldn’t do squat.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except this fails to recognize that at one time embiid had a good Simmons, Tobias harris and jimmy butler all at the same time and still couldn’t do squat.

He had Butler for 2 months and the Sixers lost to the Raptors on their way to a title. Do you not recall how that series ended? It really could have gone either way. That was one of the craziest buzzer beaters in an elimination game I've ever seen.

djm75

Rookie
Reaction score
That was one of the craziest buzzer beaters in an elimination game I've ever seen.

Yes, it was. Except that he should have been called for a travel right after getting the ball.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Eh...

I disagree. The Sixers management has screwed up basically every move they've made for a decade... outside of drafting Embiid. Their run of draft mistakes is a horror show, his most decorated "teammate" is Ben Simmons... a gutless clown.

When I think of star players who have done the least with the most I would put both Harden and Durant ahead of Embiid. Above that, at least Embiid has toughed it out through a lot of BS, while basically everyone in this generation of stars, other than Booker, has either had success or bailed at the the first real opportunity.

As bad as we drafted the last decade the Sixers probably drafted worse and from even juicier draft positions, and then they compounded their draft mistakes by idiotic decisions like choosing to dump Jimmy Butler over Tobias Harris and Ben Simmons.

In some hypothetical world where we don't do the Durant trade and could still have landed Beal using Paul and used Ayton + picks to land Embiid... A team built around Beal, Booker, Bridges and Embiid... I'd much rather have that scenario than our current one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Eh...

I disagree. The Sixers management has screwed up basically every move they've made for a decade... outside of drafting Embiid. Their run of draft mistakes is a horror show, his most decorated "teammate" is Ben Simmons... a gutless clown.

When I think of star players who have done the least with the most I would put both Harden and Durant ahead of Embiid. Above that, at least Embiid has toughed it out through a lot of BS, while basically everyone in this generation of stars, other than Booker, has either had success or bailed at the the first real opportunity.

As bad as we drafted the last decade the Sixers probably drafted worse and from even juicier draft positions, and then they compounded their draft mistakes by idiotic decisions like choosing to dump Jimmy Butler over Tobias Harris and Ben Simmons.

In some hypothetical world where we don't do the Durant trade and could still have landed Beal using Paul and used Ayton + picks to land Embiid... A team built around Beal, Booker, Bridges and Embiid... I'd much rather have that scenario than our current one.
While o agree I’d rather have that I also don’t think that’s even reasonable, much less realistic. You’re talking about swapping a 35 year old injured KD for a 29 year old embiid who has been in the MVP race for the last three years. Those talks ALSO begin and end with bridges. If anything Ayton gets swapped for cam Johnson - or has to be included - for the premium difference in age alone.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While o agree I’d rather have that I also don’t think that’s even reasonable, much less realistic. You’re talking about swapping a 35 year old injured KD for a 29 year old embiid who has been in the MVP race for the last three years. Those talks ALSO begin and end with bridges. If anything Ayton gets swapped for cam Johnson - or has to be included - for the premium difference in age alone.
I just don't think Embid's style of play works very well in today's NBA.

You just don't want the focus of your offense to be the center anymore, you want a star that you can put into a pick and roll effectively, which is why Jokic still works but he is almost one of a kind.

I really doubt any team he is the best player on will ever win a title.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like James Harden "liar" comment was mostly about not being traded "quickly" by Daryl Morey after he opted-in to his 2023-24 contract, per reported sources.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I still think of Embiid as a ticking bomb as far as his health is concerned. I didn't realize that he's done a pretty good job of staying on the floor the last two seasons.

He certainly has more value than anyone presently on the Suns' roster.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard