2022 World Cup Thread

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From my experience it’s mostly Europeans.

Honestly I’ve had the opposite I’ve never met anyone who considers him the GOAT. That conversation usually starts with Pele. I think with this win it’s Messi

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What a tale of two games. I found it quite far from entertaining and a one-sided snooze fest for 3/4 of the game. France didn't even have a shot on target, and just one attempt, in that time. Then, well, freaking WOW! Unreal. Had a feeling France would lose a PK shootout, as did the announcers.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
From my experience it’s mostly Europeans.
Ronaldo playing for Manchester United in their glory days (before RM) may have something to do with it, maybe not. IMO, Messi has always been the better overall player and this result doesn't change anything for me for those two. Messi has finally played with a clinical Argentina side. They were close in 2014, but Germany were better. Argentina also are a bit lucky that France were down several players and there really weren't any other overwhelming sides in this WC like in years past. The two best teams were in the final and the best team won.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
What a tale of two games. I found it quite far from entertaining and a one-sided snooze fest for 3/4 of the game. France didn't even have a shot on target, and just one attempt, in that time. Then, well, freaking WOW! Unreal. Had a feeling France would lose a PK shootout, as did the announcers.
Yeah the ending was frantic. that two goal sequence from Mbappe was unreal, I loved his 2nd goal. for me France got lively when they made subs. Not sure if Giourd should have been starting. Mbappe was the best player in the WC, Argentina just had a deeper squad than France. Of corse France were missing several key players that they probably would have needed to repeat as champions.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
The pictures of the crowds in Buenos Aires are insane. Millions upon millions of people celebrating. It got so crowded the team had to be taken by helicopters because the roads were so crowded. Crazy stuff.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pictures of the crowds in Buenos Aires are insane. Millions upon millions of people celebrating. It got so crowded the team had to be taken by helicopters because the roads were so crowded. Crazy stuff.
I saw video of that. Crazy

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Ha. I'd say the opposite. Europeans tend to think those outside of Europe are the ones that keep C.Ronaldo in the debate that he doesn't belong in.
yeah it's kind of subjective everywhere you go. It was only a few years ago that Ronaldo was playing at such a high level at RM and was scoring wonder goals. and we can't forget he lifted the euro when Messi was still looking for his first Copa America trophy. I can see why people love Ronaldo and continue to stand by him. Although I do think Piers Morgan is having second thoughts now, but will never admit to it.