2022 6th round pick B is Lecitus Smith G

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
It will actually be a bit of a shock to me if one of them isn't on the final roster. I don't know why they fell to the 6th round, but I thought both of them were more mid round guys who could stick on the roster vs Harlow/Isidora.

Right now the roster probably falls...
Humphries
Beachum
Hudson
Pugh
Hernandez
Murray

then you have...

Josh Jones
Sean Harlow
Lecitus Smith
Marquis Hayes
Danny Isidora
Josh Miles
Koda Martin

...battling for the last two or three spots.

We generally keep 9 right? I would think Jones is in for the tackle flexibility and then Hayes/Smith/Harlow for spots 8 and 9 with the the other hopefully winding up on the PS.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We generally keep 9 right? I would think Jones is in for the tackle flexibility and then Hayes/Smith/Harlow for spots 8 and 9 with the the other hopefully winding up on the PS.
Yes, generally 9. I think Jones is likely a lock as well but he has not shown much so he is probably in the same situation as Murray. Probably a roster spot but not a lock.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yes, generally 9. I think Jones is likely a lock as well but he has not shown much so he is probably in the same situation as Murray. Probably a roster spot but not a lock.
This is Jones third year right?
I would expect they plan on seeing quality snaps from him this season...... maybe not " good starter" level yet but at the very least "quality backup" .... but I would think the hope is average starter.
If he looks like he did last season his career may be drawing to a close.
But I do think they need to give up on the idea of him being a swing player. He needs to focus on one spot till he gets it

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This. He saves $2.5m on the cap. Unless he significantly outperforms everyone else that can play RG for less I would think he's a strong candidate to move on.

He should have some minor trade value too as he can play all across the line except C.

I'll keep him as relatively cheap and versatile insurance against another Hernandez/Jones fiasco at RG or Beachum going down.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
It will actually be a bit of a shock to me if one of them isn't on the final roster. I don't know why they fell to the 6th round, but I thought both of them were more mid round guys who could stick on the roster vs Harlow/Isidora.

Right now the roster probably falls...
Humphries
Beachum
Hudson
Pugh
Hernandez
Murray

then you have...

Josh Jones
Sean Harlow
Lecitus Smith
Marquis Hayes
Danny Isidora
Josh Miles
Koda Martin

...battling for the last two or three spots.
I think you have to move Jones up to your final roster group and I say this for one simple reason, Isabella is still on the team.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Donald is going to invite Smith to picnic and then eat the entire contents of his lunch basket and then for dessert eat Smith. I'm pretty sure Smith has never faced a guy like Donald and certainly not in Cardinal practices.
As long as it's not Harlow, Price or especially Garcia getting blown back 5 yards like a ragdoll

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Donald is going to invite Smith to picnic and then eat the entire contents of his lunch basket and then for dessert eat Smith. I'm pretty sure Smith has never faced a guy like Donald and certainly not in Cardinal practices.
To be fair; unless one has gone up against Donald they've never gone up against anyone like him.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sending our 6th round rookie G out there against the best defensive player in the NFL? Sounds like a great plan!

I hope in the locker room before the game they have a priest give Last Rites to Murray and Conner! They are in grave danger!
The "Legend of Lecitus Smith" begins this Sunday.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

JJ Watt is hardly chopped liver.

Donals is on target for less than 10 sacks. He's half a sack ahead of Watt.

That's still good but he's not what he was.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave