2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Welcome to sports fans in 2023. Toxic af but it’s internet culture.

250+ pages where guys post everyday here about a player they don’t like. I don’t get it

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

250+ pages where guys post everyday here about a player they don’t like. I don’t get it
There is no threat of being blasted in the face from behind the keyboard. People feel safe so they have no problems being racist rude aholes.
But it carries over into real life, I cant understand how a 150lb man can sit on the sidelines at a game and yell at a dude that outweighs him by 100 lbs. Bet he wouldn't do that in a bar more than once.

It's an easy fix, just let the players go into the stands whenever they want. Street rules act like a douche get treated like one.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no threat of being blasted in the face from behind the keyboard. People feel safe so they have no problems being racist rude aholes.But it carries over into real life, I cant understand how a 150lb man can sit on the sidelines at a game and yell at a dude that outweighs him by 100 lbs. Bet he wouldn't do that in a bar more than once.

It's an easy fix, just let the players go into the stands whenever they want. Street rules act like a douche get treated like one.
I know you're kidding but your easy fix would be a catastrophe in the making. I'd say the "douche" percentage runs at least as high among pro athletes as it does the people in the stands. Of course, if we went that way, a good fan with a gun can probably solve any new problems.;)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no threat of being blasted in the face from behind the keyboard. People feel safe so they have no problems being racist rude aholes.
But it carries over into real life, I cant understand how a 150lb man can sit on the sidelines at a game and yell at a dude that outweighs him by 100 lbs. Bet he wouldn't do that in a bar more than once.

I don't understand it either, even if said in anonymity. We should all be slow to make harsh or hurtful remarks, no matter the circumstance.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lol… so do you.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol… so do you.

Actually no. Go find me posting over and over about how much I think someone sucks or how much I hate them.

I offer my opinions but you damn sure ain’t seeing me posting everyday in a single thread dedicated to someone I don’t like.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Oh yeah the stuff you hear in the stands especially at NFL games is crazy and from guys you look at knowing they would never do anything.

From my perspective it’s guys who just aren’t happy with life. They need an outlet for that pent up anger and rage and they live through sports.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Actually no. Go find me posting over and over about how much I think someone sucks or how much I hate them.

I offer my opinions but you damn sure ain’t seeing me posting everyday in a single thread dedicated to someone I don’t like.
Um... Chris Paul? I mean, come on.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually no. Go find me posting over and over about how much I think someone doesn’t suck or how much I defend them.

Fixed it your post, you do this for ayton.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fixed it your post, you do this for ayton.

So explain to me why you felt you needed to jump in here and say that when we are talking about toxic internet culture.

How does talking positive about someone be mistaken for toxic disrespect? I’m curious?

Uh well you defend a player you like. Im just wondering how that is disrespectful and crossing the line?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is one thing to gripe about a player on a forum dedicated to that particular team, only expressing that vitriol among your fellow fans.

It is a world apart to track down the relatives of players you don't like on social media and attack and threaten them based on their relation to someone they love.

That is disgusting.

So far as I know, no one here engages in that, and if anyone does I hope they get banned.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Paul.

Monty.

Mic drop.

Where’s the Paul and Monty threads dedicated to them? Oh those don’t exist? oh ok gotcha.

Pointing out Chris Paul is past his prime at 37 isn’t hate it’s reality and there is no shame in that you are supposed to be past your prime at 37. Saying Monty was the right coach at the time and has reached his ceiling is a reality in my eyes. That’s not hate posting that’s not rage posting. You see me writing long ass post in the Monty thread?

You know damn well it isn’t even close to the same, but if you feel you “got me” then more power to you bud. We are not even close to the same.

Mic drop, lol just kidding that’s corny as ****

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand it either, even if said in anonymity. We should all be slow to make harsh or hurtful remarks, no matter the circumstance.

I don't understand the crowd around these people either, I guess they don't want to get in trouble themselves. But if I'm at a game and paid the money it takes to get in those seats and some racist a hole is screaming stuff like that I'm either going to confront the person myself, or go get security and demand they remove the guy from the game.

I guess this all started with that guy Robin Ficker(?) years ago and it's one of those cases where it became normalized. These people need to be kicked out and banned from NBA games, period.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The blowing 4th quarter leads for the Warriors is a real thing its reached the point where it's obvious there isn't a switch they can't flip anymore. Curry missed an open 2 that would have put them ahead in regulation but he missed a bunch of tough shots in OT that were all short and they had no other answer. They have a real issue, playing Draymond and Looney together means only 3 scorers on the court, and if one of those is Wiggins, who's still nowhere near as good as he was before injury, they're just too easy to guard.

I just don't see a path this year where they just turn it on, I think they're a team that nobody will want to play in the playoffs but I'm not sure they're consistently good enough to keep winning series.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JJJ making the all star game is ridiculous. 16/6/3 are not all star numbers

Especially when you consider he only plays 27 minutes a game because he’s a fouling machine( leads the league in fouls committed)

By comparison he’s only played 12 more minutes than Anthony Davis

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JJJ making the all star game is ridiculous. 16/6/3 are not all star numbers

Especially when you consider he only plays 27 minutes a game because he’s a fouling machine( leads the league in fouls committed)

By comparison he’s only played 12 more minutes than Anthony Davis

This is interesting. Why not Devin Booker?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Your lack of self-awareness is pretty funny.

I can freely acknowledge I bash Ayton’s game when he gives me a plethora of evidence to do so.

The fact that you don’t see yourself doing the same trashing CP3 or Monty or Bridges in threads all over the place is bizarre.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dillon Brooks looks like he is holding Donovan Mitchell down but Mitchell throws the ball at him and it looks like he may have landed a punch.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dillon Brooks looks like he is holding Donovan Mitchell down but Mitchell throws the ball at him and it looks like he may have landed a punch.

I am on my phone but it t looked like Brooks swung at his junk on the way down?!?