2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
On this particular play, this is how you guard Doncic. Murray does a good job of playing position defense and staying down.

Unfortunately, the referees have to cooperate.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Yeah that’s an absurd foul

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As inefficient as he was he was not a team player whether he realized it or not.
That was a period of inefficient stars. He was all about winning. And the best opportunity for those sixers teams to team was him putting them on his shoulders and doing what he did. Go look at his rosters.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While Suns fans are mad at their last 2 losses I'd much rather lose that way than lose the way the Warriors did. Get beat by a rookie PG who goes en fuego in the 4th against the pacers. And then lose a game they led by 4 with 13 seconds left because Poole missed 1 of 2 FT's and then they fell asleep on a drive that they were literally conceding the layup on and he kicks it out for a 3 by Beasley. THen with a 1 point lead they inbound to Poole and he gets stripped and Utah gets a game winning layup.

They didn't play Curry, Wiggins or Draymond but they lost a game they had won you could see how stunned they were walking off.

ONly good news was Kuminga continues to play really well he seems to be figuring it out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Spurs are signing Stanley Johnson to a 1 year contract.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Spurs are signing Stanley Johnson to a 1 year contract.

I always knew he'd be a stud in the NBA and now he finally gets a chance to show it. Delusional Steve signing off.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always knew he'd be a stud in the NBA and now he finally gets a chance to show it. Delusional Steve signing off.

I haven't watched Stanley Johnson a lot. Shooting seems to be his biggest weakness although he seemed to be doing better last season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched Stanley Johnson a lot. Shooting seems to be his biggest weakness although he seemed to be doing better last season.
He just hasn't shown the quickness that I thought he had at UA. I blame Stan trying to turn him into someone that could play the 4 but it's also possible that I just overrated him in the first place. I've done that more than a few times with Pac players.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He just hasn't shown the quickness that I thought he had at UA. I blame Stan trying to turn him into someone that could play the 4 but it's also possible that I just overrated him in the first place. I've done that more than a few times with Pac players.

I become fond of certain project players as well. It's frustrating when they can't take the next step when it seems so teasingly close.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stanley Johnson is the poster child of a guy who left college too soon. He showed a lot of tools at Arizona but he was a bad shooter. He goes in the top 10 and in the NBA couldn't shoot well enough to stay on the court so he never got any better. Then he tried to beef up and become a small ball 4 and he lost his athleticism... which was the only thing keeping him interesting.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stanley Johnson is the poster child of a guy who left college too soon. He showed a lot of tools at Arizona but he was a bad shooter. He goes in the top 10 and in the NBA couldn't shoot well enough to stay on the court so he never got any better. Then he tried to beef up and become a small ball 4 and he lost his athleticism... which was the only thing keeping him interesting.

I remember coming out of HS saying I didn't mind him picking Arizona because he was a kid who just overpowered people in HS and wasn't a good shooter. He was actually better at ARizona than I thought he'd be but it is odd that if anything he's gone the other way and as you said tried to be even stronger. He used to be a good defender at least once a game he'd shoot the gap steal it and get a dunk. Doesn't seem to have that quickness anymore

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I remember coming out of HS saying I didn't mind him picking Arizona because he was a kid who just overpowered people in HS and wasn't a good shooter. He was actually better at ARizona than I thought he'd be but it is odd that if anything he's gone the other way and as you said tried to be even stronger. He used to be a good defender at least once a game he'd shoot the gap steal it and get a dunk. Doesn't seem to have that quickness anymore
In hindsight I wish he never went to UA because it would’ve likely meant Nick Johnson came back who was a better college player. Stanley just isn’t the athlete to be an NBA wing.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that was Stan's idea, turn him into more of a power forward than a wing. That added bulk just changed everything about him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that was Stan's idea, turn him into more of a power forward than a wing. That added bulk just changed everything about him.

Yeah I think he tried to be a small ball 4 as was said the problem is that worked in HS and even at Arizona but in the NBA it's harder. But he just wasn't a good enough shooter to be a 3 in the NBA.

That was my argument against him going into college, I would have taken him at UCLA but I thought he was overrated because he just bullied kids in HS.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haliburton is so good. Steph had 27 in the first half and they're still down 20 because Haliburton went nuclear in the 2nd quarter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA trade season unofficially opens tomorrow, December 15th.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haliburton is so good. Steph had 27 in the first half and they're still down 20 because Haliburton went nuclear in the 2nd quarter.

In my mind, James Jones will forever be remembered for what he did in the 2020 and 2021 NBA Drafts.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I heard that there have been no trades on December 15th for the last twelve years. Rare for anything to actually happen.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose