2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this guy is as good as I think he is, whatever team he goes to is going to be an instant dynasty if he can stay healthy.

I was wondering is their a limitation to cash considerations on a trade, because I could realistically see someone offering a billion dollars, maybe more for the number 1 pick in this case.

No one is paying a third of the cost of an entire franchise to draft a rookie. Not going to happen. You're really overselling it.

There is a limit to cash considerations a team can trade throughout a calendar year and a maximum amount of cash that be included in a trade also. I believe it's $5 million in a trade and $10 million total for a year.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
regarding the pending tankathon for the phenom, Victor Wembanyama:
looking at just the highlights of his last game, i was surprised that he looked like a finesse player
-- a great asset for a 7'4 center
but it could also turn out to be his weakness
though he's also got a terrific outside shot, stronger opponents may keep him from being effective inside
-- so,

1. maybe he ends up with a Yao Ming, Derk Navinski, or, at worst, Porzingis type career?

2. or, actually, at worst his body doesn't hold up (Zion?)

3. or, ultimately, Scott Henderson turns out to be the Doncic to his Ayton in the draft?

i'm just saying his stock value does have some risks and limitations

alright, what i'm really saying is, i hope he gets picked up by an Eastern Conference team

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think there are cash restrictions in a trade. I'm not sure about the exact amount.

You might want to read this ESPN article.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He’s like a shotblocking durant imo. I don’t see the giannis comp. He doesn’t have Gianni’s’ physicality and due to his frame I don’t think he ever will. But my goodness is he fluid at that length. It’s amazing.

And scoot looks like the real deal too. His handles are tight and he wasn’t afraid of finishing at the glass against wembayama.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

NBA radio today, maybe an hour ago...

They said that the team noticed Poole started acting different as his contract extension was coming up, then once he got paid, a different Poole started showing up. I guess the money got to him and the team was sick of him, so it finally boiled over with Green punching him. Sounds like Poole got full of himself a bit too much.

I THINK i heard the triple-single name came up too when Green and Poole got into it, this was from a segment earlier around 5am that i was listening to.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s like a shotblocking durant imo. I don’t see the giannis comp. He doesn’t have Gianni’s’ physicality and due to his frame I don’t think he ever will. But my goodness is he fluid at that length. It’s amazing.

And scoot looks like the real deal too. His handles are tight and he wasn’t afraid of finishing at the glass against wembayama.

I haven't had a chance to watch a lot of video but off the top of my head, with Victor's skills, I'm thinking his upside is Kareem with an outside shot.

Now can he stay healthy?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind the Suns trading for an unprotected first in the next draft for a chance to get Webanyama.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No one is paying a third of the cost of an entire franchise to draft a rookie. Not going to happen. You're really overselling it.

There is a limit to cash considerations a team can trade throughout a calendar year and a maximum amount of cash that be included in a trade also. I believe it's $5 million in a trade and $10 million total for a year.
Really? If the owner believes the guy can get him 4 or 5 chips you don't think a guy like Bezos would be willing to pay a billion?

I certainly do, but I'm glad to hear the rules prevent that from happening.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? If the owner believes the guy can get him 4 or 5 chips you don't think a guy like Bezos would be willing to pay a billion?

Rich guys that have that much money don't see money and spending the same way we do. Golden State is killing everybody else with the Luxury tax because their owner doesn't see it the same way. No doubt if Bezo's wants a title? He will spend.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wembanyama does it again. This guy does stuff I have never seen before

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He's not a guaranteed title. We've seen teams spend frivolously to try and win before. See the Knicks, Nets, Lakers, etc. Rarely does it pan out since there are other billionaires spending a small fortune annually to try and win themselves.

Regardless, a billion for a player is a pipedream. No team has ever paid such an extraordinary amount to acquire a prospect before so starting the bidding that high is crazy talk.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Wembanyama does it again. This guy does stuff I have never seen before

He has talent, no question. He is going to need to add a lot of muscle. I'm still not convinced super tall, slender framed players will ever last very long in the NBA. There is far more evidence they won't than they can.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It looked like Draymond Green put his weight into the punch.

How does Poole put this behind him?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to watch a lot of video but off the top of my head, with Victor's skills, I'm thinking his upside is Kareem with an outside shot.

Now can he stay healthy?
He’s not really a back to the basket player. He’s much more face-up with a really fluid silky smooth outside shot. Hence the Durant comp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose