2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s not really a back to the basket player. He’s much more face-up with a really fluid silky smooth outside shot. Hence the Durant comp.

The Durant comparison fits. The kid has the whole package. His length and fluidity reminded me of Kareem in his early years.

In today's NBA, Kareem's game might have been different.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It looked like Draymond Green put his weight into the punch.

How does Poole put this behind him?
I don’t think he does. I don’t think you ever truly trust a guy that does that to you ever again. You may say you made nice and it’s all behind you, but that wasn’t a shoving match. That’s a large man who tried to knock you the F out. It will always remain in the back of pooles mind in some way shape or fashion.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Durant comparison fits. The kid has the whole package. His length and fluidity reminded me of Kareem in his early years.

In today's NBA's Kareem's game might have been different.
True. That’s interesting point. The old post monsters might have developed different skills had they been raised in todays nba. Can you imagine wilt if had Gianni’s’ ballhandling ability? Good lord that’s frightening.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think he does. I don’t think you ever truly trust a guy that does that to you ever again. You may say you made nice and it’s all behind you, but that wasn’t a shoving match. That’s a large man who tried to knock you the F out. It will always remain in the back of pooles mind in some way shape or fashion.

Perhaps I should have said, how do the Warriors put this behind them. How can it not impact the players.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Perhaps I should have said, how do the Warriors put this behind them. How can it not impact the players.
Anyone who didn’t get hit will just chalk it up to draymonds an idiot and then forget about it. But this will fester with poole whether he admits it or not. How the front office decides to deal with it will be interesting. They know green is crucial to their success, they know he wants to get paid, they can’t ignore this happened, but they’ve allowed, supported, green in a lot of his idiocy over the years. It’s an unenviable position.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Jae + filler for Green.

;)
Man as much as I can’t stand him, and as much as I’d be somewhat afraid of what he’s do to this team, it would be really interesting. He and bridges defensively would be something.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone who didn’t get hit will just chalk it up to draymonds an idiot and then forget about it. But this will fester with poole whether he admits it or not. How the front office decides to deal with it will be interesting. They know green is crucial to their success, they know he wants to get paid, they can’t ignore this happened, but they’ve allowed, supported, green in a lot of his idiocy over the years. It’s an unenviable position.

Listening to nba radio, they're not going to pay Green. They made their choice in paying Poole. This could also be the reason for the punch too, this contract extension was something Green wanted since he's in the same state as Crowder: Last year, nearing end of career, wants one last payday.

The punch was well delivered, but the team said that Poole was left unmarked and was able to finish practice. Honestly it looked like he got knocked out. Green has some quick hands, nba on notice now haha.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i don't believe Green is crucial to the Warriors success. He was starting to have some really bad performances in the playoffs (Stephen A Smith went off on him in the Finals). And his tough guy act was becoming more distracting and counter-productive, especially with all the technicals.

and though his role playing, at least historically, has been a key to the trio's success it won't translate to other teams in trade value. He was bad in the year Curry was out.

also, it's BS that the Warriors can deal with his attack "internally." The NBA and/or Player's Association will intervene. A punch thrown that way by a guy that size could disable a player, if not kill him (i do believe it has happened in the NBA in the past)

and it WILL effect the other players. They're all stars with pride, machismo, opinions and attitudes. To know that the guy next to you in the locker room or in practice could react in such an aggressive and oppressive way if you disagree or talk smack won't sit well in their psych

add all that to my predictions for the season, or as i will say, henceforth -- Book It!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

IMO, the Warriors can function without Green. If I were them, I'd move on if they can find a trade.

Poole is a part of their future.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listening to nba radio, they're not going to pay Green. They made their choice in paying Poole. This could also be the reason for the punch too, this contract extension was something Green wanted since he's in the same state as Crowder: Last year, nearing end of career, wants one last payday.

The punch was well delivered, but the team said that Poole was left unmarked and was able to finish practice. Honestly it looked like he got knocked out. Green has some quick hands, nba on notice now haha.

I hope the Warriors medical staff checked Poole out for any signs of a concussion.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That punch was horrible. Lunging off balance it’s purely an arm punch, but he closed the distance fast af.

Poole clearly wasn’t expecting it and that’s 100% his fault.

If I’m GS I’m done with Draymond. Seriously his antics are so ridiculous at this point.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how TMZ Sports got that video. I can't believe the Warriors wanted that released.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man as much as I can’t stand him, and as much as I’d be somewhat afraid of what he’s do to this team, it would be really interesting. He and bridges defensively would be something.

The absolute last thing this teams needs is another guy that can’t create his own shot.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Poole clearly wasn’t expecting it and that’s 100% his fault.
It's his fault that he wasn't expecting a teammate to punch him in the face in practice? Sure practice can get heated, but actually punching each other is a rare occurrence.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's his fault that he wasn't expecting a teammate to punch him in the face in practice? Sure practice can get heated, but actually punching each other is a rare occurrence.

Especially since Green traveled some distance to do it. There wasn't a physical interaction happening at the time.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yes it’s 100% his fault.

If someone is walking up to you talking trash in that manner they ain’t walking up to you to be your friend.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I’d take a flyer on Green. We don’t need him to score but if left open could hit shots. Moves the ball and has a good basketball IQ. It would be an upgrade over Crowder for sure.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Especially since Green traveled some distance to do it. There wasn't a physical interaction happening at the time.
Acutally Poole gave him a pretty strong two-handed shove which led to Green going ballistic (and airborne). Poole should have known better. There are people you walk softly around even if you're in the right. Personally I'd never willingly play with a borderline psycho like Draymond or Romanowski or McSorley.