2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Detroit didn't include any picks then that's a steal for them.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ime Udoka will likely be suspended for the entire 2022-23 season.

Joe Mazzula will likely to be the interim coach.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a money saving trade for the Jazz but I can't help wonder if all the dominoes have fallen.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a money saving trade for the Jazz but I can't help wonder if all the dominoes have fallen.
You know, I was listening to flex and he said if the Suns were to throw in a pick for Bogdan we would be unable to trade any other picks till it conveyed.

I was not familiar with that rule or if that is even accurate, but if it is I could understand why the Suns would not be willing to throw one in, especially if SGA is truely possibly available at some point this year.

He also explained Crowder is asking for a trade because he wants to get 1 more big contract before retiring and he can't do that as a backup - and that makes total sense.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Detroit didn't include any picks then that's a steal for them.

It is a good deal value wise, but he doesn't really seem to fit with Detroit considering his age. Sounds to me like he will likely be flipped again at the deadline.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, I was listening to flex and he said if the Suns were to throw in a pick for Bogdan we would be unable to trade any other picks till it conveyed.

I was not familiar with that rule or if that is even accurate, but if it is I could understand why the Suns would not be willing to throw one in, especially if SGA is truely possibly available at some point this year.

He also explained Crowder is asking for a trade because he wants to get 1 more big contract before retiring and he can't do that as a backup - and that makes total sense.

As far as I know, the only limitation is the Suns couldn't trade first round picks in consecutive years.

I was never thrilled with Bojan as a target due to his age, expiring contract and he was almost a lateral move from Crowder.

The Suns may be looking at other players where they might need multiple picks.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, that's not accurate. You just can't trade out of future first round picks in successive years (in advance).

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As far as I know, the only limitation is the Suns couldn't trade first round picks in consecutive years.

I was never thrilled with Bojan as a target due to his age, expiring contract and he was almost a lateral move from Crowder.

The Suns may be looking at other players where they might need multiple picks.

Bojan can put the ball in the hoop, Crowder...

Also rebounding is about the same. Bojan would take so much pressure off Book, allow Mikal to slash, and provide another person for DA to kick it out to.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ime Udoka will likely be suspended for the entire 2022-23 season.

Joe Mazzula will likely to be the interim coach.

Saw someone tweet that the interim coach has a DV charge in his past. Not sure of the details but not a great look if true.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It’s coming from Flex so it’s not a shocker he is wrong again. The Suns for example could trade there next first round pick but still deal their 2nd round pick or others they acquired in other trades. They only restriction is they can't be without a 1st round pick in consecutive years.

Sounds like he is confusing things with a conditional trade of a first-round pick. So, for example, say the Suns trade a 1st and protect it from the Top 3 for the next draft. So, if that pick ends up being a top 3 pick, they could have a clause that says then the other team gets the following year's 1st round pick. The Suns could not then trade that 1st round pick in either of those drafts because they have no idea which year it will convey (next draft or the one after because of the clause). That's a very specific scenario in which the Suns would have to agree to a clause like that in a deal. Those clauses can get very creative and sometimes includes swaps to guarantee both teams end up with a 1st.

That still doesn't prevent them from trading their 2nd round picks or other picks they may have received from other teams.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also rebounding is about the same. Bojan would take so much pressure off Book, allow Mikal to slash, and provide another person for DA to kick it out to.

I guess if the Suns are looking for a brief window but I'd like for them to start looking for players that can not only play now but have a future with the team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw someone tweet that the interim coach has a DV charge in his past. Not sure of the details but not a great look if true.

I wonder if Sarver is asking himself, what if he had waited for another day? So many teams around the NBA with unclean hands.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you're talking about replacing Jae at the 4, you can pretty much kiss our team defense goodbye not to mention a huge downgrade in toughness. And toughness is one thing the Suns can ill afford to lose.

I would have liked (a cheaper) Bojan as a backup small forward but weakening the spot we most need an upgrade of is a bad choice IMO. DA is a good defender but he is nowhere near the help defender Bojan is used to having down low to bail him out.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about replacing Jae at the 4, you can pretty much kiss our team defense goodbye not to mention a huge downgrade in toughness. And toughness is one thing the Suns can ill afford to lose.

I would have liked (a cheaper) Bojan as a backup small forward but weakening the spot we most need an upgrade of is a bad choice IMO. DA is a good defender but he is nowhere near the help defender Bojan is used to having down low to bail him out.
So this. My gosh. Losing first McGee and then Jae? IMO, both of them provided the majority of our toughness last season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-
There’s whispers he banged a bosses wife. Yikes.
There’s whispers he was banging MULTIPLE people on the team.

If so, he’s probably gonzo. Head Coach can’t just be sleeping with multiple members of the franchise.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s whispers he was banging MULTIPLE people on the team.

If so, he’s probably gonzo. Head Coach can’t just be sleeping with multiple members of the franchise.
Oh yeah. If this is true? He should be gonzo. I look forward to the tool (Stephen A Smith) and his follow up if this comes out.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Celtics coach

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert Williams is expected to be out 8-12 weeks.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On Friday Long responded to the outpouring with a statement provided to CNN by her rep.

"The outpouring love and support from family, friends and the community during this difficult time means so much to me," she said in the statement. "I ask that my privacy be respected as I process the recent events. Above all, I am a mother and will continue to focus on my children."

She is beloved, especially by the Black community, as she has starred in such classic films as "Love Jones" and "Boyz N The Hood."

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pelicans extend CJ McCollum for 2 years/ $64 million.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Magic waive Joel Ayayi. I thought he was a nice combo guard prospect coming out of Gonzaga.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose